What i've noticed with Comodo...

Finally someone with an eye for detail. And yes, that pixel is there.

He must have put it quite literally under the microscope, or somethin’. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen it too, but I thought there is something wrong with my eyes :slight_smile:

LOL… Made my day =)

lol, never noticed that :S

but ya it should be changed, not i cant stop looking at it :S

HAHAAH wow i just watched on my own gui, and YES sure it is there! ;D

At least its purple now and not red. :slight_smile:

Simple to fix and should be fixed.

Absolute… Some kind of emergency patch, perhaps tomorrow…

Put 3.9 on hold we got a annoying Pixel disturbing us. xP
(actually it is… but I wasn’t putting attention to it until I saw this thread… ><)

I am sincere when I say, I do appreciate the efforts in identifying areas of improvements.

The fight against malware is not yet won. There are too many areas of improvement and enhancements we have to make we really have to prioritise our efforts in what matter most, which is protection of our end users. There are many nice to haves I would like to see as well, but we can’t switch the dev team from what they are doing to these nice to haves just yet. However, I think you will agree that we have made some drastic improvements in making CIS so quiet that now even novices can use it.

As to the GUI: We created a Usability board where we shared the v4 design with everyone there. There has been a very healthy dialog in that board about this new gui and we are hopeful that this will be a great improvement over the current version. Considering the work we are about to do on v4, spending dev resources on trying to iron out some gui issues with the current version doesn’t make sense from priority point of view.

Also as 3x0 rightly pointed out, even the smallest change in CIS is 2 weeks work at a minimum. It has around 100 developers who continously contribute code towards it and has strict release and QA processes. We are continually learning and improving our processes for a better quality software for end users and you can see that by comparing each release.

But again I do thank you for all your support in trying to make CIS better. Afterall who are we developing CIS for, if not for you!

Thanks

Melih

PS: Now you have found the purple pixel…but can u find the yellow one that we have been hiding :wink:

Forget easter egg hunts. It looks like we now have a pixel hunt on :stuck_out_tongue:

After white corners and purple pixels, it’s time to hunt that yellow pixel :stuck_out_tongue:

So true.

Keep up the good work! =)

I reported this pixel back in CFP v 3.0… one pretty early bug report and I spotted the pixel back in the CFP 3 alpha version. :wink:

RejZoR, I see your point and I agree at least to some extent. However, I also try to look very general upon this, referring to Melih’s figures: Only a few percent (3% +/- something) uninstall CIS, and this should mean that it’s pretty usable after all. But yes, I know, it is completely unusable for a handful of users and it is not a sufficient choice for some other users.

Thank you for bringing up this issue.

It’s there from version 3.0 !?!? :o Thats just pure lazyness and nothing else. Sorry but saying you need 2 extra weeks for few stupid pixels is just plain nonsense.

You are missing the point RejZoR. To remove this is no more than few minutes at code level. However, do you know how long it takes to create a setup from all discrete repositories get them all together and digitally sign. That alone takes just under a day. As a rule no release can go without QA. So even if you changed 1 line of code, you have to go thru the whole QA cos, the coding environment is very fluid (as I said before there are around 100 programmers working on this and trying to release something in that environment is the challange). Any QA will take a min of 2 weeks going thru checking all the functionality (just to do whitebox testing will take over a week)

If it was just a single person programming then I could turn this around in no time. But its a huge development dept now and its not as simple as a single programmer modifying a line of code and releasing it.

I hope you can understand our situation. Believe me, we do not enjoy you or anyone else complaining about small things like this, especially when we have built such an amazing product like CIS. It takes away from all the good things we have worked hard to acheive for you guys. Like you we also want to get rid off these too, but we always have to prioritise.

thanks
Melih

It’s not like you generate a release build every day so that argument makes no sense.
Second, i assume you guys have an GUI artist/designer. And during release phases he could correct that in no time. Since it requires pretty much no extra testing i see no reason not to include such fixes into releases such as between 3.5 and 3.8 and between 3.8 and 3.9. It’s much harder to fix anything else and properly test it for functionality than such small things on bitmap level (since you guys have skinning i assume whole GUI is built on your own framework, meaning fixing such things is even easier). I’ve been designing GUI’s and working on scripting frameworks so i’m not a total noob.

First of all:

Did you see our point about 2 week schedule to make any releases that includes QA?

I need to understand if you understood that or not pls before I can answer your issues.

Melih

This would be the limited access forum? Any reason you didn’t want to share it with a wider audience?

anyone who wanted to join and had the time to contribute towards usability was allowed in.

Melih

Hi RejZoR, as much as you’d like to think and believe that your contributions to this forum are constructive they are in IMHO more of a hindrance than anything at least at this point and time dude, Comodo is working on something that will go far beyond anything that we’ve recently seen as far as total security is concerned and you’re rushing out on GUI imperfections, man take a break and be thankful at least for the moment of all the efforts that this team has shared to date with all concerned, all other slights in this grand plan are in consequential and will be taken care of in due course, relax dude and enjoy it! If you’ve got serious reproaches then post those instead seriously to further advance the real purpose of this suite, be constructive and not destructive RejZor it’s really to everybody’s benefit including your own!
Your input is welcome but should be measured and hyper constructive, show us you really are appreciative and care about what Comodo is really about and share it and discuss it constructively
Cheers man :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)