What do I think about Comodo?

Which is the Comodo products future?
Which one will survive and which one will be let to the discontinued products lists… death…
All the efforts to CIS, what about the other products? CPM, CB, CTM, will all of them dark in the cold? Is there a life after CIS?

A lot of suggestions being collected for future programs.
For what? Which is the product strategy of Comodo? Why are some products marked to be buried?

The forum atmosphere: it should a place to never forget, like Starbucks experience…

Patient moderator, envolving, trying to get the user closer and understand its real intentions… then, surprise him with a friendly answer, quick, useful… He would come back for sure…
Besides that, finish/develop the products. Offer and deliver the programs. Frustration is another bad-mouth and bad-press… We want our products forever, they’re the best… and some days after that… it awoke in the end of the forum… discontinued products… The user think he was foolish, like me, with Comodo Time Machine… ::slight_smile:

Could you provide us with examples now or in the future where that is not the case?

Besides that, finish/develop the products. Offer and deliver the programs. Frustration is another bad-mouth and bad-press... We want our products forever, they're the best... and some days after that... it awoke in the end of the forum... discontinued products... The user think he was foolish, like me, with Comodo Time Machine... ::)
That's up to Comodo.

That’s the way of the world. Sometimes products are stopped or integrated in others.

Regarding Time Machine, the last thing I know, they are still working on it but it may morph into something else.

This is an interesting question. Comodo’s “side projects” often appear, then dwindle away into discontinued. Is there a reason, or just poor management? For example, Comodo’s (passworld) Vault? And more…just check this huge list: Comodo Forum One just wonders what will be next, and if any of those discontinued products have a use now.

Anyone in the mood for a spot of dry melodrama?

Yes. It was rather general. That’s why I called it passive.

Let’s not lose sight of the context so soon. “The issue is: […]” - Where? Where is this an issue? Apparently not in this thread. So what’s the relevance? Wait… “As to whether this is a job for a CEO […]” - when was such a dilemma broached? Not in this thread either? So what’s the relevance? Wait… “come on guys…what are you talking about…” - who are you referring to? Apparently no one in this thread. So, what’s the relevance?

Heck, you had already misinterpreted my position once prior, or at least met it in an eerily similar fashion. What was a critique of tact was met with an interpretation that it was a critique of any defense, and so an argument was put forth for defense. What was a critique of tact, assuming what you said was passively in reference to me, was met with an interpretation that it was a critique of any involvement by you, and so an argument was put forth for your involvement. You have since used a more recent post of mine to drive home the latter, an address to a critique that I, in that same post, explicitly said I had not made - and left your response at that, with no interest as to what my critique, if not the one you thought, could be.

Maybe… a brief allegory…

A group of acquaintances are discussing sports at a cocktail party. But there’s that one downer who has to put his two cents in. The downer says, “I can’t really get into sports. The triumph, as genuine as it is, just isn’t personal enough for me.” Seeing that the remark has left something of an awkward situation, the downer heads off for the buffet. As he’s leaving, someone else in the discussion remarks with the following, mind you with a big smile on his face, “As for whether or not sports can be appreciated - come on - of course they can. The issue is: people just aren’t man enough to realize it.”

Though Melih, if you’re getting the sneaking suspicion that the character speaking at the end of the story might be intended to represent you, don’t. It was just a general story. People are quite often passive in their dealings with others.

Now, let’s say hypothetically, I buy that what you said had nothing to do with me. That would still leave my critique unacknowledged, now wouldn’t it?

(Hopefully this was entertaining to the larger portion of you. See, as a pseudo intellectual, and I mean that in the most derogatory way, I’m pretty insecure about my cognitive abilities. So when I’m being taken for a ride, or expected to ‘eat it’, well, a part of me dies inside.)

:stuck_out_tongue:

I too was a member there, but asked for my account to be closed because of the trolling by certain members which was not stopped by the moderators, although they are quick to delete other things. I do find those sort of personal attacks and insults extremely unpleasant so left that forum as it was not enjoyable to be a member of it.

This from WikipediA

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

???
Sorry this what you have now :slight_smile:

Dennis

Agreed, it is only those whose malicious intentions are clear who get a robust response from a moderator here. They are all extremely helpful to genuine members of the forum.

Fabulous demands towards people who work here for free

With such demands you’d better hire personal moderator who will “surprise you with friendly answers” >:-D

Will try to do so. I won’t look back, most of the times, it don’t worth. Sometimes we can learn from the past, but the better is looking for the future. I’ll try to remember this and, if I could, will post about.

My beloved CTM :cry:

I wish you were wrong…
“Side-projects” will bring users that are interested in other technologies, then, they could see the goodies of Comodo products and the security they could achieve with them. But, in my opinion, if the “side-projects” starts and ends, well, the credibility of some users will be severely affected… They will look to CIS with the glasses they’ve looked the other products.
If you enter in the game, play…

Yes, sure, Dennis. This is the intention of this thread.
But I don’t want it only for me, we want it for all of us of course :slight_smile:
We will achieve it, we have already achieve it.

I still believe this is possible. I still believe they could (have) achieve it.
It’s not a matter of money. Why do you think people that moderates for free will do it better if it is for money? Why do you think working for free is the passport to work worse or not having “fabulous demands”?
Indeed, if I don’t have “fabulous demands” for Comodo forums I would already logoff :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to post this borednow, really appreciate it!

Melih

Check this out…I am assuming Igor is an Avast employee (cos his forum ID says Avast Team)

and here is what he says:…“Also, it’s hard not to react to Melih’s crazy accusations and insane stories.”…

And what Insane Story are you talking about? Is it the insane story about AV industry not sharing malware samples in real time so that end users never have as good security as if they shared it in real time? Is it insane to expect a security company to do their best to protect end users? Is that insane?

Is it insane that by not sharing malware samples in real time, you are actually making criminal’s work easier so that they can go ahead and infect people’s computers?

The only thing thats insane is that AV companies use statements like:

“Keeps your PC and files free from viruses”
“Prevents theft of your personal data”

(check your main webpage to find these words!)…

And what is more insane is, in the EULA they cannot backup their marketing words with Guarantees/warranties!

This smells like “bait and switch” to me…and that is totally Insane!

So perhaps Igor can explain which one of the above is more insane and crazy!

Melih

PS: Pls dont’ get me wrong, there is nothing wrong avast as an av product. The issue is the Industry and the way it markets itself.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Melih, with all respect, can you re-open the Bob’s thread for that?

I’ve read Igor’s posts some days ago. Yes, he is from avast team.
Also, Vlk, the CTO from avast, posted:

Comodo is a perfectly OK piece of software and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using it.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68556.msg576326#msg576326

so we know what Igor is thinking about Comodo.

Is his thinking correct though? What is insane?

thx

Melih

I have read all of the post but I will say my opinion even though. Melih for wonderful piece of software. On thing I wish though is the CMT and CDE are kept; I find them useful and good tools. I am playing abit with them on VM (virtual machine).

I thank comodo for making paid software for free (I think of CTM).

To discuss in general, I think comodo is using avbit wrong strategy (if you ask me); You have many products that aren’t active for a long long time and I think therefore it would be better to focus on the products that are more essential and that are more prefered (such as CIS, CB, CSC and CCE),

Don’t forget that you and your staff do a dam good job! Thanks for makin the net a safer place :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin N

!ot!

Maybe, that Bob is from avast corporation and that Bob did that (post in Comodo forums) paid by avast.

A lot of users post things like that on the Which Product do you want Comodo to develop next? board.
Even CB, CPM, CSC need huge improvements.
They say the development teams are independent. I see, for instance, doskey working on CCE and not on CTM anymore.

Other products are a way to attract users to the mainstream technology.
Some users think they should be security-oriented only though.