We need your Testimonials about our products starting with our Firewall [CLOSED]

G’day and welcome to the forums John.

You think it’s good now? Hang on to your hernia belt, there’s a lot more to come from Comodo. They’ve got some seriously great stuff on the planning board.

If you’ve hung in there since C/PM, you obviously know your way around forums like this. Have a browse - the users here have a really broad range of experience and the variety, depth, detail and humour of the responses makes it fun, just as a read.

Comodo and the users are building up a good FAQ section. There are two relevant links. The first, https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/board,32.0.html, is where users post their FAQ items. The second, https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,894.0.html, is the locked, finalised FAQ posts that have been vetted by Comodo. If you feel you can add to these, please feel free to jump on in.

Comodo are committed to creating a secure desktop environment, and they are actively seeking and using participation from their user community. Their concept is to secure the desktop to provide a safe environment that will encourage and grow e-commerce. This growth will drive demand for high assurance certificate, which is where Comodo make their money. Their overall intention is to create a secure, trusted chain from consumer to vendor and back again.

They are creating the right products for the right price for the right reasons.

Again, welcome to the forums.

Regards,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. Check out the posts in Melih’s Corner. Melih is the CEO of Comodo, is an active participant on the forums and a cool guy just to chew the fat with.

Hello there Melih. I been using comodo firewall for several weeks now and it has done a good job of protecting my computer. I like the component control part of it. I can see what component of a program tries to get online, and block it or allow it. Application monitor part works perfectly. I’ll have to try out the anti-virus and see how it works My full support goes to the creator of this firewall. I hope to see updates and upgraded versions of the firewall and other applications created by this company. Cheers ;D

Thanks Vikram!

We have many cool features and products planned!

thank you for your support!

Melih

I switched to comodo FREE firewall after having problems with zonealarm. I have been using zonealarm for the past 2 years (or more), but I think comodo firewall is much better. Has a better UI and it seems to be more detailed to it’s alerts.

I would recommend it to a friend.

Thanks Comodo!!!

Makis Zigiris,
IT student

Greece

I just finished installing Comodo Firewall. Installation was simple and perfect. I have tried a lot of software firewalls and I believe that Comodo is as good as any free or pay firewall on the market today. I did a lot of research and Comodo was highly rated as a remarkable firewall for total protection from everything bad on the internet. I advise everyone who has not yet downloaded and tried Comodo Firewall to do so right now and you will be happy that you did. (B)

There is NOT a better free firewall on the market . And only a select few that are paid , are better than Comodo at this point . Excellent firewall and it keeps getting better :smiley:

I have only VERY recently started using CPF and so far it’s been a mixed bag of results. I have used Zone Alarm, sygate and I have worked with firewall appliances from Symantec, CheckPoint, ISS, Juniper and cisco to name a few. I like the granularity in the policies and it has the best UI of the personal firewalls i’ve used. I have already recommended it to some friends as an alternative to the normal set (ZA, blackice, etc)> I did/do have 1 beef with it at present and it is with respect to gaming. It’s not the most gamer friendly FW but i’ll post my issues on that in another forum more suitable. That aside, so far it’s been pretty decent and i’d recommend it to anyone who wants a decent firewall or ppl that have run into problems with the alternative (and I know there are many who do).

Hi there,

Generally I was using Zone Alarm (sometimes Kerio or Seagate) on all of my maschines. I got information about Comodo Firewall in techsupportalert.com newsletter so I decided to give it a try.
The points I like is that you can decide which application can go out or in or both. But this is really sometimes so annoying as I have to say many times same thing over and over again and then edit it in application page. Maybe there should be for start simpler way?
I will continue to use it because I feel it is worth of it (:CLP) and hopefully I’ll get it right.

All the best.

Gy

Hello!
My first firewall was Sygate, it was handy and free… but Symantec bought it… I changed to ZoneAlarm and I kept it for years, but, last year it started to show some awful bugs and I changed to Outpost, it was good since yesterday’s update… it just started to freeze and BSOD me… I tryed BlackIce recomended by a friend… it’s a big piece of ■■■■■■ stuff… it made my shell stop everytime. So, I went to a good forum I know and they were recomending CPF, free, light and good. And it really is! Now I’m geting used to the configurations, I had to open some ports for Emule and BitTorrent, the forum was very useful with the tutorials. You guys rock! (:CLP)

If you haven’t already done so checkout the latest beta version! (Very stable) if you like the current stable you will really like the latest beta ;).

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1645.msg11963.html#msg11963

I was using Sygate firewall untill Symantec bought them out and stopped supporting it, then tried Sunbelt Kerio but didn’t like it one little bit. Then as I was upgrading my video drivers from tweaksrus I noticed they had a review of CPF, so I downloaded and installed and I absolutely think it’s brilliant, will be recommending it to my techie friend, as well as others, one thing I hope you don’t do is sell out to some-one like Symantec etc and we lose such a brilliant piece of software.

Keep up the good work

Lee Bishop
Devonport
Tasmania
Australia

i am new to this forum and just joined today.

for a while i have been having problems with firewall and not knowing which is the best until today i found the solution to my problem!!!

if i didnt see COMODO firewall i am very much sure my pc would still be in a bad defence against hackers.

after installing this program today i finally fixed all my problems , this COMODO firewall doesnt crashed my system and also doesnt conflict with my windows firewall . the reason why i mentioned this is because i have 3 FIREWALLS now one is the COMODO and the other is my WINDOWS FIREWALL amazing … router too has a built in firewall .

so a million thanks to the maker of COMODO FIREWALL .

DAVID BATAS
LONDON
United Kingdom

Having been online long enough to learn all too much,
and yet never quite enough, I did learn the importance
of a good Firewall and good Antivirus software
when I allowed myself to inadvertantly be a hacker victim
back in 1995…

Since then I have gone through many a firewall, Just to name a few,
Zone Alarm, Black Ice, Outpost, Ghost, the Windows Firewall, and Sygate,
which was the last free firewall I was using, I even had it up to a few weeks ago…

Norton bought that out a while ago, but the last free version was
OK, and it did keep me safe to the very last minute of use,
but a friend of mine did show me some glitches in it, so I was
off to hunt out something better…

After looking through a ton of trial stuff and free stuff,
I just happened to trip over the Comodo site here.
I was impressed before I got off the front page, but being
a bit of an online sceptic I had to research a bit before
committing to another free firewall in fear of that
elusive catch 22…

Well the Internet heavens opened up and flooded my eyes
with nothing but good reviews on Comodo and the family
of Comodo Professional Software, and low and behold it’s
all FREE !!! So I turned off the Windows firewall (not much protection there anyway)
Uninstalled the last free Sygate version, Installed Comodo Firewall,
and was totally taken as well as impressed !

I’m a bit of a security freak as my friends will tell you since I frequent websites
all over the net, as well as using several internet chat clients (one of the places
the lamer hacker/cracker wanna be’s hang out and try ever so hard to break in)
and I am assured once again that I’m Very Safe and Secure with this
excellent program !

So far it has run Flawlesly, It’s easy to understand and setup, and it doesn’t plague
me with false alarms and annoying warnings!!!

My hat is off to Melih, and all the Comodo Techs for this obviously
well thought out and built program and especially for offering it
Completely Free to me and all the online world !

I can only hope and pray that soon all the people who can’t afford
protection or had been overwhelmed by the confusing
products with too many whistles and bells, or just didn’t even
know they needed protection, will all soon have this great suite of
Professional Security Programs, protecting them as well as us all !

Securely and Sincerely,
Stephen/SR386
Upstate New York, USA !
(V)

I chose your firewall over any other firewall because, it is easy to learn, the custom level works ausome, (R) and also you have the information about what is running on your network traffic right in front. Showing all activity is a plus, this firewall was able to help me identify 2 svchost.exe that were not suppost to be running. Showing the ip addresses of every program running on the network was a big help. I have heard about svchost and new only 6 are suppost to be on the task manager so when I seen 8 I new something was wrong, but without this firewall I would not be able to tell which ones to delete, this is something Norton does not offer. Macafee is alright but Comodo is way better, it is a more secure firewall, I dont have nearly the amount of traffic trying to come in that shouldnt as other firewalls have allowed. It closes all open ports that should not be open, I have tested your hacker analysis and it came back showing that you were not able to find any open that normal are for hackers to logg in. I also have not had a DDOS since I have put your great program to use, and am pleased to have found you by luck searching online. I have read up on your business and I think you are doing a fantastic job, keep it up. (:CLP)

As everyone has been saying there is no better free firewall out.
There is one major thing I see that hopefully could be changed.

I have not found any firewall that could stand up to the Sygate name, until I found this.
Unfortunately, after Symantec purchased Sygate and closed its doors I have been trying to find a firewall that makes me happy and supplies updates.

Comodo Firewall is a great tool I really like it but the resource usage is high. If you could cut down on the memory usage I think this tool would be unstoppable.

Hello Melih and the Comodo Team,
First would like to thank you for making a superb product available for FREE!!
I have been a SygatePro fan for years and for some odd reason yesterday it just quit working, said expired even though was set to never call home for updates since Sygate was bought out. (guessing the Norton folks disabled it) As soon as I realized that there was no protection on the pc went to http://www.freewarefiles.com/ to see what all may be new out. I clicked on the Comodo Personal Firewall and brought me to the description page. From there I clicked on Publisher: Visit Website and after reading all the info on the download page proceeded to visit the forums (read approximately 100+ posts) and this is what sold me on the product before even downloading it.
After I registered, downloaded and installed Comodo Personal Firewall decided to give it a few tests. Started with standard leak tests and port scans from various sites grc.com etc… Nothing they all came back stealth :slight_smile: decided to go a little further went to a IRC room where some frequent chatters are very good at a few security related areas and had them put Comodo to the real test gave trusted people been talking to for awhile my IP and said have fun and guess what nothing other then the log telling me they tried to be bad ;). Now for a software based firewall to be that secure is quite impressive and will be encouraged by me to be install on all my customers pc’s as there 1 and only choice for a software based firewall (in addition to hardware firewall routers/modems if they have them). After was impressed with the firewall went all out and installed everything you offer and again am very satisfied with the results even the beta antivirus been testing it hard all morning going to various sites known for trying to install malware/virri on your pc.
Starting to get off topic on this reply will provide feedback in other areas of this forum, Again thank you for making this available. (R)

John Hoehler
Huntsville, Alabama

I’ve always been security conscious and, over a period of years, tried all of the “Big Name” commercial and most of the free firewalls that are available. Comodo is, without a shadow of doubt, the best I have ever used. It’s quick and easy to set up, it doesn’t drain system resources, it’s very effective (True Stealth) and makes setting up an ICS LAN a breeze! Expert or novice, you won’t get better protection than this. And, if just being the best isn’t enough, it’s free!!!

Ian, England

(L)

(L) It is the first time i take the time to come on a website to testify for a program.

I 'm very concern about security issues and i admit that i ve been astonished but the power of COMODO software.

In order to compare i test it on http://www.grc.com/ and COMODO firewall passed all the test!!!
All my port were stealth.

But security is nothing if the software use too much performance (cpu /Ram)… so i tried an online game and i worked very well!!

SO CONGRATULATION, it is the first time i see a free software be so efficient !! (B) (R)

Hi Melih,
having tried Kerio Firewall, Zone Alarm, Mc Afee, and Kaspersky, and was NOT satisfied, i decided to try Comodo Firewall, to date its made no errors, no leaks, good performance all round, nice design, it certainly is living up to its high praises!

thanking you and all the Team

Philip

Co Westmeath
        Ireland

Hello Folks,

I got caught out once, Blaster-Worm was the name, been looking for something to stop that happening again … tried a few, helps to be using a NAT Router anyway but needed to find something as a back-up with more information.

Tripped over your product on one of my many jaunts around the net.

I’m pleased to add my name to your list … your product does what is says on the tin, that will do me nicely … thanks

Regards,
mucks
in a hovel
UK

(:NRD)