Vivaldi is still in its very early stages but has come a long way. Like many other browsers Vivaldi uses the chromium engine but is very different than all the others. Vivaldi aims to be feature rich and eliminate the need for extensions. Vivaldi is still in the tech preview stage and gets a new snapshot once a week (Mondays). From the short amount of time Vivaldi has existed (few months) they already have more options than the new opera. I have been using vivaldi for a couple months and love it. There are so many customizations and options. For now extensions are not supported but they are coming.
Team Blog: https://vivaldi.net/blogs/teamblog
Latest Build: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/19-easter-snapshot-1-0-142-32
Easter Snapshot 188.8.131.52
While other companies are busy making clever gags with fake products, and inside joke, we are busy fixing bugs and improve Vivaldi!
As we are preparing for the TP3 release, we wanted to get some more testing done. So, we are sending the 2nd snapshot build of the week.
In this build, we changed the way Tiling works based on the feedback. Now, you can right-click on a tab stack and select Tile Tab Stack.
- VB-4745 Kill running instances of Vivaldi.exe before…
- VB-4690 fix detection of flash on linux
- VB-4711 Adguard no longer working in Vivaldi
- VB-4757 Save password dialog missing
- VB-4758 Quick Command doesn’t work for search
- VB-4755 “Untile selection” persistance in tabs menu after closing the penultimate tiled tab
- VB-1602 Added link gestures for new tab.
- VB-4457 Issue Report: Right Click And Open File Doesn’t Work For A Downloaded Zip File
- VB-4713 Issue Report: ctrl + enter shortcut eats the first letter when the domain starts with a w