Virtualization (Returnil)

!ot! (woohoo finally a chance to use this smiley…)

are you sure? no impact at all?

??? hmmm, this is bad. risky risky

Well … everything is risky, certainly using windows vista ;D. No impact is impossible, I thought you knew that Ganda :wink: disapointed again 8). Well try it and see if it works for you, normally it should. It isn’t a bad program, it just didn’t work out for me. :frowning:

Xan

:frowning: the king is a liar.

:frowning: >:( no thx. i feel like a snail already using core2duo & 1gb RAM with so many security softwares.

Old news. Returnil is not even close to being a new product…

Sandboxie is still alot easier. Why reboot all the time using Returnail. Sandboxie is in explorer so if you want to install and test something simply do it under a sandbox. When your done empty the sandbox and it will never be there. You can install something under the protection of a sandbox and yet it never actually installs on your hard drive.

hi guys

just and FYI

we have a simlar product to deepfreeze and returnil that we will be launching as a beta shortly…

thanks
Melih

Niiceeeeeeeeeee. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
A date?hahahaha

As long as it doesn’t kill my cd drive ;D.

xan

Now that should be very interesting indeed :■■■■

soon… number of weeks…

Melih

:BNC :BNC looking forward to it. :BNC

edit:
using returnil free edition right now. (:HUG)

you must be doomed, maybe you’ve done something wrong that makes your anchestors angry & curse you? ;D
works fine here.

question: (yeah2 i know, RTFM 88) , i did it, but i just wanna make sure, reading the manual makes me dizzy, me & english 88) )

*what’s the difference between “session lock=on” & “protection status=on”?

• i tried to execute a virus on this virtual machine,i had Defense+ blocked it from “trying to terminate returnil” :o (i can’t access mspaint, so i can’t post the screenshot here). what will happen if i allow it? the virus tried to terminate the virtualization & infect the real system ???

• after i restart the comp (returnil turned off), the virus has gone, but apparently, the virus already copied itself to the virtual partition (Z:), luckily my antivir’s on access scanner catch the virus when it about to execute :o , it’s not really safe after all? :o

Melih so it’s more like Returnil / DeepFreeze than complete Virtual’box’ like VirtualBox ? :slight_smile:

it puts all your changes to a virtual drive… so when you restart its back to original… so its more like return/deepfreeze…

it has exclusion paths so that you can save your documents etc etc

Melih

I prefer programs like Returnil and not virtual box.
I’m sure i’ll like the program made by COMODO,hehehe.

Why am I not surprised? Comodo might not be good at innovation, but they sure are good at ripping off ideas. Kind of like MS…

That is a compliment btw.

now now… I would urge you to count how many patents Comodo has compared to our competitors!!!

There are basic needs for providing security and as a Company who is focussed on providing that basic security we have to make sure to have all these in for our users. However, we do innovate and I dare say that we have more innovations than our competitors.

On a positive note this shows our committment to offer the most comprehensive security to our users!

Melih

btw: no offense taken :slight_smile:

Come come, you and i both know that number of patents are irrelevant (also i notice you decline to state what the patents are on). Companies holds tons of patents none of which stand up when they attempt to enforce it. :smiley:

There are basic needs for providing security and as a Company who is focussed on providing that basic security we have to make sure to have all these in for our users. However, we do innovate and I dare say that we have more innovations than our competitors.

And yet, security product wise I see you playing catchup. Some minor differences but variants on the same theme really. Every single one of your products compare nicely to a products that already exist…

But probably there is nothing new under the sun.

And yes, MS dominates the desktops and being compared to them is indeed a big compliment

Almost all our innovation/patents/patent applications are in the security/authentication field…
Thank you for your compliment :slight_smile:

thanks
Melih

yes but are they enforceable? BTW guess who holds the patents for portable mp3 players? Hint it is not Apple (ipod)…

Thank you for your compliment :)

You are welcome. i give compliments when they are due…

I suppose there is no multiple snapshot features?