V3 and PerfectDisk 2008 [Merged Threads]

Hi folks :slight_smile:

Wow there sure been a few replies to this so i glad it not just me that was havin this problem.

I tried Comofo’s advice & reinstalled Comodo Firewall & left D+ in CleanPC mode, sstill wasn’t able to perform a boot time defrag, with no Comodo firewall i can do boot time defrag with Perfectdisk, with Comodo on i cant perform one as it says a driver has the drive locked.

So it would seem to be Comodo at fault, if the dev’s could maybe test this out & let us all know for sure.

Regards
BB

Me too tried the same procedure as Banzi…no probs with boottime defrag with CPF removed…devs do something!

Hmm, this is wierd.

My brother has Perfectdisk and Comdo installed, the same versions as I do, but somehow he can use the offline defragger ???

I would surmise that CFP’s files would be part of the bootup prefetch group, and therefore be directly affected by an offline defragmentation operation.
Following this line of reasoning, the possibility that CFP’s files on your brother’s machine are already in an unfragmented state would make any adjustments to the location of said files unnecessary by PerfectDisk, resulting in the absence of any error message.

Regardless, the fault clearly lies with CFP’s current implementation.

Hi folks,

Its strange that for some of you its working and for others its not…It’s even stranger that in the past it was working for me and now it is not. Neither with the previous version nor with the latest 2008. Im talking about the offline defrag to make it clear. Im not sure if there is a solution that doesn’t compromise security. Anyway, I found a temporary solution http://www.raxco.com/support/kb_detail.cfm?action=topsupport&kbid=706&prod=1&ver=2008 just scroll down to the bottom…To say the truth this is really ‘temporary’…not the most convenient way. Obviously we should post it in the bug reports.
:■■■■,
Blas

Ok didn’t work for me. Still same message. I have Perfectdisk 8.0 Build 67 on a XP machine. (:SAD)

Thanks, but I’ve already tried that. Doesn’t do the trick for me :frowning:

For me it did…Is it possible that not just comodo interferes with PD on your machine?

No problem never happened till new version of Comodo.

Absolutely.The very fact that boottime defrag works perfectly with Comodo removed indicates Comodo’s the culprit.

Is PD marked as trusted?
The latest version of comodo is conflicting with PD, its a fact. It is even indicated on PD’s site. This is clear. There are 2 things btw that I don’t understand.

1. How come it is working for some?
  2. For those who tried the official workaround why isn’t it working for some? (for me it did)

Thanks! It worked like a charm for me. Comodo needs to get this fixed soon. It’s obvious that in this case, Comodo’s the culprit. But anyways, it’s a great Firewall that has progressed so much in just one and a half year. It’s really great, to see it moving forward. Hope this problem gets fixed soon enough.

I have tried every thing i know to get PD to perform a offline defrag with Comodo installed, simple fact is that with Comodo installed offline defrag doesn’t work, we shouldn’t need to disable drivers from loadin etc just to be able to defrag.

I am gonna try & PM Egemen to see if he can comment on how it can be solved.

Regards
BB

Upgraded to PD 2008 and same problem. The registry fix doesn’t work for me.

I hope I don’t sound like I’m gloating, but I was actually quite surprised at how well these two DID get along (often with the more intensive apps I have to reassure CFP that the program is righteous).

Wonder what would happen if PD was given WSA (OS) permissions? (I’m shooting in the dark here, hoping to gain knowledge).

I PM’ed Egemen a few days ago about this & pointin out this thread but so far no reply.

Comofo, i have tried doin that but it makes no difference, as soon as CPF is installed, bootime defrag fails everytime, only thing i not tried is installin CPF as just the firewall & no D+ as i want to use D+.

Regards
BB

Well still no reply to my pm to Egemen & not one mod has posted in this thread so it looks like no one cares.

Shame as i really wanted to use Comodo, guess if i cant get this prob sorted i will just use other apps, sadly this also means i cant recommend Comodo to family & friends anymore :cry:

Might give Melih a pm to see if he knows a solution.

Regards
BB

Hi,

Egemen and other members of dev team are working hard to fix all issues, but they need to reproduce problem in the lab (and this is not so easy to do) in order to fix it or give sound comments here.

Some questions to think about:

Regards

There is nothing wrong with Comodo. I have PD2008 and Comodo and they work fine except for the offline boot defrag. No biggie. Its not like you need to do that on a daily basis.

How can you say there’s NOTHING wrong with Comodo mate when so many people are facing probs…when a software is not functioning the way it is supposed to function AND interferes with other softwares there IS definitely a problem somewhere and it needs to be acknowledged…boottime defrag is one of the specialities of PerfectDisk so when we are not able to perform it IS a biggie I guess…