v3 and Kaspersky compatibility issues [Merged Threads]

I’ve got last version of CFP with KAV 7. The combinations hangs some applications hard, disabling KAV file protection and enabling again fixed it. Until next hung…

Are you referring to CFP v.304 that was just released?

If so, did you perform a clean install of CFP (removing v.295 first) or did you use CFP’s internal updater?

Thanks for the heads-up on the potential conflict. I will be updating to v.304 within the next 48 hours on both of my systems.

I run KAV 7.0.1.321 with CPF 3.0 + D+ without any issues the key is to install KAV first otherwise you will have problems. I have used the internal updater on CPF a couple of times now with this installation without any issues but if KAV wants to update to a new version unintall both then reinstall with KAV first. I haven’t had a problem doing this.

Hello friends I´ve installed kaspersky antivirus latest version and I read on this forum about the problems installing comodo in a system with kaspersky,the latest release of comodo works well with this AV?
Thanks (:WIN)

Except for the terribly slow user interface, which is probably caused by a conflict between ATI Tray Tools and Defense+, I dont have any troubles using CFP with KAV 7.0.1.321.

Thanks kralr for your quick reply (:HUG)

I’ve posted rather extensively on the use of KAV 7 (7.0.1.321) and CFP 3.0.xx.xxx.

I was able to successfully update to v.304 from v.295 on my desktop system, but not on my IBM T43 laptop. This, in contrast to a flawless update on both systems to v.295 from v.277 via CFP’s internal updater a couple of weeks ago.

There appear to be some sporadic conflicts between CFP and some of the IBM/Lenovo ThinkVantage security applications and the security chip. In worst cases, my T43 fails to boot into Windows following an update to the latest version of CFP. This occurred with v.277 and v.304. (I have since been able to get CFP v.304 working on my T43, but before having to “hang wallpaper with one hand tied behind my back.” That is, I finally figured out not to apply the new “format” and lose all of my pre-existing rules.)

In general, KAV and CFP can co-exist peacefully, though there are some quirks when streaming Internet media (I have disabled HTTP-traffic scanning in KAV).

The key to successfully updating CFP on a system equipped with KAV is to (1) create a System Restore point prior to updating CFP and (2) disable KAV during the CFP update process.

Finally, in the event that you need to completely reinstall KAV, you should also fully uninstall CFP, then reinstall KAV first, then CFP.

Is that the new version 3.0.18.309 of comodo firewall is compatible with kav 7, because I had some problem with both soft, because with kav, comodo put five minute initializing the pc

KAV is not compatible with tons of other apps. Its not Comodo its KAV. KAV is picky. Look at the list.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support.php?selected_faq_id=208279367&selected_product_id=207800282&selected_topic_id=

Hi,

Several people (mostly on Kspersky forums) have written about KAV and CFP. The general consensus is KAV doesn’t play well with many (as per Vettetech) but if you do decide to try, KAV must be installed BEFORE CFP, and seems that most people have Defense+ disabled. I have KAV 7.0.1.321b, and CFP 3.0.17.304. I’m sorry if this does not exactly answer your question re: CFP 3.0.18.309, but thought you might be interested in my favorable experience (so far) of the versions noted above. I actually have FASTER PC boot times and internet browsing now, but to put into perspective, I had Symantec AV 8.x, Spysweeper, SpyBOt SD, Adaware all installed previously. Removing SAV probably resulted in the most speed savings.
Regards

‘Its not Comodo its KAV’.you are sure of this (:SAD)afpj thanks for your experience

clsidxxl,
I was just informed by my spouse that she updated CFP to 3.0.18.309 earlier today because it asked her to! I was hoping to check for stability for at least a month before upgrading, so here we are. No reported problems for the past 6 hours (knock on wood). BTW, same version of KAV as noted before.
Regards

ok afpj thanks,
My problem, comodo takes 5 minutes to initialise in ‘system status’

Here is official (kaspersky) installation procedure for skipping 3rd party application compatibility checking…
http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279498

Excellent post, Salmonela.

I’ve not encountered any installation or update issues with KAV 7 or CFP 3.0. But this will certainly be useful to a number of forum members here. KAV and CFP are an unbeatable combination when they DO work together.

Hi USSS
Are you still using CFP 3.0.16 and KAV 7.0x.321 or did you upgrade any of them? Thanks!

I’m using KAV 7.0.1.321 and CFP 3.0.17.304 on both of my systems. (I will update my signature, thanks for the reminder).

I will upgrade to CFP 3.0.18.309 within the next few days after I’ve mulled over some additional feedback from Windows XP SP2 users.

Funny USSS, that’s my setup too, except my wife clicked the upgrade button and upgraded to CFP 3xxx309 yesterday, and for about 8 hours ran fine, but when I did some FW tests, it seemed to think those leak test utilities (COT/GRC leaktest) were sytem files and wouldn’t block them. I don’t know if it’s because those little programs were already on the puter befor the upgrade, but other things like pauses loading up web pages made me just start over and I’m back to CFP 2.4. I may get the nerve to load 3xxx.304 in the near future as it WAS doing just fine until the spouse got involved. I need to turn off auto upfdate hahaha

I think if those leaktest utilities were already resident on your system prior to the update, then CFP probably treated them as “safe” if it was running in “Clean PC” mode.

Since v.295, I have used CFP’s internal updater, as opposed to uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest edition. By stopping all unnecessary processes via Task Manager (and anti-virus, of course), I’ve been able to perform updates with few issues. As for your spouse, I’m sure she meant well.

The task manager/stop all pgms is probably what got us. KAV and whatever else was running (usually spider solitaire with my wife :slight_smile: did not get shut off for the update. Thanks for those suggestions!