v3 and Kaspersky compatibility issues [Merged Threads]

I got good news!

The release of Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 works fine with Kaspersky Anti-Virus v 7.0.0.125 on Windows XP SP2 x32 bit.

I have just installed the new version of Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.14.276 and everything seems to run smoothly. Proactive Defense is activated in KAV and Defense+ is also activated in Comodo.

This is the steps I followed in installing the new version of Comodo.

Notice: Kaspersky Anti-Virus was installed FIRST.

First of all, I uninstalled Comodo 2.4.18.184 and reboot.
Second of all, I ran CCleaner in normal windows and afterwards I also booted in a Safe mode and ran the “Registry Clean” option in CCleaner and fixed all issues.
Link to CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/

Third of all, I restarted and logged back into normal windows. Then I shut down all the processes completely, like Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Google Accelerator and etc…
(Make sure you put KAV on pause until the user starts it manually and then shut it down completely by exiting)

I then installed Comodo 3.0.14.276 and then restarted. And then unpaused KAV.

Everything seemed to work fine. No problems noticed at the current time. Rebooted 3 times to check if something would occur and test passed successfully. Thank you Comodo Team for fixing some major issues. I guess whining and complaining does bring better product :slight_smile:

The good thing is that internet pages in firefox loads faster in the new version of comodo v3 than in the v2.4. Good stuff.

Thanks, USSS.
Seeing that you’re making a concerted effort to make Comodo an option - I will be happy to give your documentation a try.

Has anyone tested GRC LeakTest with the latest Comodo Firewall 3.0.14.276 and Kaspersky 7.0.0.125?

I have tested it yesterday and it failed. Even though I said deny/block the connection, it still told me that I failed the leak test. Anyone have suggestions on this one?

Hi all.

I recently upgraded Comodo to the latest v3 after using v2 for quite awhile now.

I also upgraded my Kaspersky AV to v7. When I was installing KAV, I was notified that it is not compatible with Comodo and that I had to uninstall Comodo in order to install KAV.

Any one else using Kaspersky? Has anyone tried reloaded Comodo after installing KAV?

Thanks for any help

one of the reasons i don’t like kaspersky’s products is it’s plans of total domination - nothing is compatible with it so you are forced to uninstall any other security software and buy K’s security suite.

PS sorry for being none of help :-))

Thanks okay…

I really like KAV (v7 is much better than v6 IMHO) although I think I like NOD32 a little bit better.

I just don’t understand why KAV doesn’t want to make it compatible with Comodo. It sounds like KAV isn’t compatible with other software as well from your comment. Crazy. Oh well.

I still have to figure out what to do… (:SAD)

I’m using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0.125 on two systems with CFP (see my signature for details).

Don’t accept any broad claim that Kaspersky products are designed to “dominate” a system or are incompatible with other security products. That might apply in a limited sense for their suite products (Kaspersky Internet Security), but not for the standalone anti-virus applications. And no one is forcing you to buy anything.

You do need to install KAV first, then CFP, however. If you already have CFP installed, uninstall it. Full instructions are here:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

Getting these two applications to work together can be time-consuming, but it will be well worth the effort, given how effective KAV is against a broad spectrum of threats. Allot at least an hour for installation.

If you need assistance, post back, and I will be glad to work with you on this, big_sky.

USSS…thanks for the insights. I am definitely going to try and get KAV and CFP to “get along”. I have already uninstalled CFP and installed KAV. When I get the time today, I am going to reinstall CFP. If I can’t get them to work together, I will repost for advice. Thanks again.

Thanks to the execellent advice in this thread and the uninstall thread, I appear to have the latest Comodo and Kaspersky 7 “singing in perfect harmony”. Thanks all!

Hi all and a Happy New year!

I did not know that KAV and Cfp3.0 were incompatible till today. When I downloaded it yesterday I did not see any information on this issue.
I’ve been using CFP 2.4 for long time together with KAV 5.0

I installed Comodo3.0 after cleaning all traces of CFP 2.4 then rebooted and turned off KAV and all runing programmes.
So as soon I finished the instalation (KAV 5.0 and CFP 3.14.276) the popups started endlessely saying that “Kavsvc.exe is attempting to modify… or …Hide…” thousands of files.
I had to uninstall it, clean everything with Ccleaner, Ace Utilities, etc.
The internet connection was broken too, I had to repair it and now I cannot turn it off.
I will go back to CFP 2.4. (after passing some hours with this issue!!!).

And PLEASE: advise people before they download CFP3.0 that they are incompatible. I will do it now in www.download.com

I know about this problem too with CFP3. It asks you millions times non stop and never ends. Unless you disable the Defense+ or something.

Not so fast.

KAV and CFP may be incompatible on some systems. But not ALL.

Users who post such blanket, uncorroborated statements on other Web sites and forums do a disservice to other users who may, in fact, be able to install and run both applications without issues.

I am, in no way, downplaying the sheer frustration of trying to resolve compatibility issues that can erupt between one or more programs, including KAV and CFP. But they CAN work together – I have two systems running both. The trick, of course, is to install KAV first.

Visit this thread if you would like a more-detailed explanation of how to completely remove CFP. It might work for users who are at the end of their rope:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comprehensive_instructions_for_completely_removing_comodo_firewall_pro_3_info-t17220.0.html

I am not at all an expert in computer science. I want to leave Zone Alarm, which does not work at all with Kaspersky AV 7.0.1.321 (but no problem with KAV 7.0.0.125!!!)…

Before trying COMODO, I would like to know if someone has installed it and used with KAV 7.0.1.321.

Thank you.

You certainly piqued my interest – but for a completely different reason.

KAV is now up to KAV 7.0.1.321? Is that a beta, RC, RTM?

I am running KAV on two systems (see my signature), and with automatic updates, both of my installations are still reporting v7.0.0.125.

Anyway, I’ll be glad to help you if v7.0.1.321 indeed is available as an update. I would probably migrate to the latest version of KAV without much hesitation.

See Kaspersky Free & Trial Downloads - Virus Protection 2023 | Kaspersky

KAV 7.0.1.321 is the “maintenance Pack 1” (major update) ! It seems cause many problems with the presence of a firewall.

This explains my question.

Thanks for the information. I will look into it over the weekend, and check the KAV forums as well for any clues.

I realize a lot of users are insistent on having the latest version of everything. But this could well be a case of where it would be better to hold off a major update – of either KAV or CFP – if both are installed on your system.

I’ve been running KAV 7 and CPF 3 on my Vista Home Premium laptop without any problems.

Eric

Thanks. But, please, what KAV7 version (it’s the 7.0.1.321 which causes problems, it seems) ? What CPF3 version ?

I took the plunge and upgraded both of my installations of KAV 7 to v7.0.1.321.

Both upgrades were successful, with no errors reported nor are there any apparent conflicts with CFP 3.0.15.277. KAV 7 Maintenance Pack 1 is an “in-place” upgrade, which means it installs over the present version of KAV.

If any issues do develop, I’ll report them here promptly. The best advice I can give for performing this type of major upgrade is to (1) create a System Restore point prior to the upgrade and (2) disable all unnecessary processes via Task Manager.

Many thanks for this information. :wink: