"User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again."

Hi,

I use the free version of Comodo Firewall and the other day when I tried to start virtual desktop this message appeared on the screen: “User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again.” I delete sandbox everytime I finish using it, so that was strange, but anyway that did’t fix the problem. I also uninstalled and installed comodo firewall again but still I couldn’t start virtual desktop.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Hi fabres,

Thank you for reporting, may i know your CFW version and Win version ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT, I have comodo free firewall version 12.2.2.8012, I downloaded yesterday the installer from the official website “cmd_fw_installer_138430009_eb.exe” after I uninstalled the version I previously had, which I think it’s the same, since I recently received an automatic update. I forgot to mention that if I right-click an .exe file of a program and select “Run in comodo container” the application runs sandboxed and I’m also able to reset the container. The problem is that when I click “Run Virtual Desktop” in the “Containment tasks” interface, the message “User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again.” appears every time and virtual desktop fails to run. I have Windows 10 Pro installed.

Hi fabres,

Thank you for the information, let me check with our machine and get back to you.
Could you please share us the screenshot of message “User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again.” ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

https://imgur.com/a/tsAFvsb

I also forgot to tell I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1.

Hi fabres,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, we are checking this.

Thank you very much!

I’m sorry, but I remember only now that maybe some sandboxed application crashed before this problem happened.

I’ve loaded a month old backup image of Windows and virtual desktop runs, but after a couple of times of running it and closing it, the message “User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again.” appeared again. I had no crash of a program at all as I had previously posted, so I think it’s a sort of bug.

Hi fabres,

We are checking on this and we will reach you through private message to get required log for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Ok, thank you very much!

Hi fabres,

Could you please check your inbox for private message and provide us the requested log.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi fabres.

Thank you for providing the requested log, we have forwarded your log to the team for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I am also experiencing this issue :cry:

Hi rmcohen,

Thank you for reporting, may i know your:
1.CIS version
2.Win version
3.System type(64bit/32bit)
4.Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably
5.If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened.
6.Is there any other security product installed on your machine
7.If possible, any related screenshots.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

Thanks for your attention.

1.CIS version
Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012
2.Win version
Windows 10 Home, version 21H12, build 19043.1237
64-bit
Yes. Every time I try to launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI. However, I only get the error message if I have just reset the container. If I try to launch the Virtual Desktop after I have acknowledged the error message, I don’t get the error message again. I get nothing, no error message and no Virtual Desktop.
5.If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened.
Launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI,
Yes. HitmanPro.Alert, VoodooShield and Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
I could provide one showing the error message window, but I have a couple of browsers open that I launch through the widget and would prefer to not have to reset the container unless it’s necessary.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 21H12, build 19043.1237 (hyper-threading disabled)
Microsoft Defender Antivirus
HMP.A 3.8.15 Build 911
VoodooShield 6.62
Google Chrome 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox

Maybe the following is worth a try:
If possible, disable all third-party protections for a while then reset the container and then try to start Virtual Desktop again, does it launch than?

I’m telling this because I’ve just witnessed on my end that my third-party AV protection sometimes interferes with CIS containment operation when I try to launch a certain application in containment. When I have the third-party AV protection disabled (snoozed for the current Windows session) than that certain application launches and runs in containment but as soon as I enable the third-party AV protection again than that same application crashes when try to run it in containment.

Just my observation.

I am also experiencing this issue.

1.CIS version
2.Win version
Windows 10 Home, version 21H12, build 19043.1237
64-bit
Yes. Every time I try to launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI. However, I only get the error message if I have just reset the container. If I try to launch the Virtual Desktop after I have acknowledged the error message, I don’t get the error message again. I get nothing, no error message and no Virtual Desktop.
Launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI,
Yes. Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
https://imgur.com/xTvirTL

The most strange thing is, Comodo Virtual Desktop works normally when Microsoft Defender Antivirus- Real Time Protection is turned off.

I tried disabling Real Time Protection and then launching the Virtual Desktop. The VD didn’t launch and I didn’t get the error message. Then I reset the container and the VD launched successfully. Then I re-enabled Real Time Protection and I was still able to launch the VD. So, this problem seems to somehow be caused by an incompatibility with Microsoft Defender Antivirus Real Time Protection.

I can’t start Virtual Desktop after re-enabling Real Time Protection and resetting the container second time . After the first resetting Virtual Desktop starts normally.