"User data is corrupted, please reset Sandbox and try again."

So, our symptoms are not identical, but my theory about the incompatibility is still valid.

That’s the switch I was talking about. . .

I didn’t know Windows Defender Antivirus is third party…

In this context third meaning anything else but CIS components.

6.Is there any other security product installed on your machine Yes. HitmanPro.Alert, VoodooShield and Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

Hi rmcohen,

Thank you for reporting, We do not recommend customers to use several security products simultaneously, because their combination can cause compatibility issue.
So kindly disable the other security softwares and check. let us know the result.

I am also experiencing this issue.

1.CIS version
Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012
2.Win version
Windows 10 Home, version 21H12, build 19043.1237
3.System type(64bit/32bit)
64-bit
4.Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably
Yes. Every time I try to launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI. However, I only get the error message if I have just reset the container. If I try to launch the Virtual Desktop after I have acknowledged the error message, I don’t get the error message again. I get nothing, no error message and no Virtual Desktop.
5.If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened.
Launch the Virtual Desktop through the widget or the GUI,
6.Is there any other security product installed on your machine
Yes. Microsoft Defender Antivirus.
7.If possible, any related screenshots.
https://imgur.com/xTvirTL

Hi HC,

Thank you for reporting, we will reach you through private message to get required log for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Yes, I can also confirm that this is a conflict with windows defender. I created an exclusion through the windows defender options of the folder “Comodo Internet Security” located in C:Programs/COMODO/COMODO Internet Security and everything works fine, even though you reset the container or not. In my case I don’t think that this is a safe solution though, since the folder is not checked for viruses (I have only Comodo Firewall installed).

Thank you for trying and reporting back. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

I’ve found a sort of workaround for the problem, (well, it was right in front of my face) I’ve created some shortcuts of the programs I frequently use on the desktop using the option “Run Virtual” in the “Containment tasks” section. I’m not 100% sure but this way everything it’s even faster than using the virtual desktop.

Hello :slight_smile:

Can you have the kindness to write me how solve the problem of the not-start of the virtual desktop on windows 10 ?

It start and work well on windows 8.1 but not on W10 ; there is surely a parameter to modify to make it work ; but which one ?

You need to add the CIS folder to scan exclusion for Windows defender anti-virus, if you have only installed Comodo firewall.

Hi VARANI,

Could you try delete the virtkiosk.exe from the location “C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security” & perform ‘Update’ via CIS UI and reboot after that.
Check the issue again. Let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT