Updates down right now? [Resolved]

I cannot update right now through BOClean. Just installed it in safe mode with networking enabled. Got an error about it not being able to update. Restarted and back into xp again. Checked for update and got the same error. Is Comodo having issues?

EDIT

I just tried 4 times in a row and it finally worked. The error code was 106. Weird.

I have been getting the same error all day but I just talked to a friend in the UK and he was able to update just now with no problem. I am in the US, maybe it is an area problem.

From BOClean Support :

Error 106: Means that a firewall program is blocking the connection *OR* your Internet Explorer is in OFFLINE mode - run IE and CONNECT.

Greetz, Red.

I’m having the same problem with updates…never had this error until last night. Update is allowed in my firewall rules.

Having the same problem since yesterday afternoon. I get the same error message, but updates are allowed with comodo firewall.

Same error.

Last update 5th Sept, 14.02.24.

Using Avira suite. Went through process of re-setting firewall rule to no avail.

In Australia.

Ian

Confirmed,

Last update for me was on 2008-09-04 15:31:28. USA

Edit: After several tries, it updated to 2008-09-05 14:02:24

Just checked, same here.

Kevin mentioned a while back that for BoClean updates that they were changing servers. Have a hunch this update problem revolves around the server.

Not sure if anyone will catch it this weekend, but Monday someone will be on top of it and let us know!

UncleDoug

Hi lads :slight_smile:

The 2008-09-05 14:02:24 (UTC) update was the last (auto) update I got too. No errors here. Manualy downloading the .xvu defenition file from :

http://download.comodo.com/boc/update/boc427.xvu

… also gives no problems here.

According too :

http://www.comodo.com/boclean/trolist.html

… the 2008-09-05 14:02:24 (UTC) update is also the last update available. I have no idea why there was no update yesterday ( Saturday ), but there is no indication that this is a server problem.

Just to be on the safe side I will pm Melih about it :wink:

Greetz, Red.

The update problem seems to have been fixed ?

Could not manually update last night before I closed down and the date was still the 5th.
This morning after I booted up, went to manually update to check. The BoClean Window said I already had the latest updates, no error code. I checked and posted was todays date the 7th.

A few of us are curious as to what happened just in case it happens again?
Which those responsible for the updates, plan and hope it does not happen again!

UncleDoug

Just downloaded the latest 2008-09-07 13:51:30 (UTC) updates, and everything is fine :slight_smile: I don’t know what happened, but I got a pm from Melih back in which he said :

they are on it...

… so apparently something was wrong ???

Greetz, Red.

Some thing was wrong but has been fixed. Mine updated fine right now today. 9-7-08

I had no problem with today’s update either but the updates e-mail that I have been using for a number of years to post these updates in all the security forums never came so I hope things will be back to normal soon with both those e-mails and the updates themselves.

No problem updating today, problem must be fixed.

Hi Roger :slight_smile:

I have send Melih a pm about this :wink:

Greetz, Red.

Roger :slight_smile:

I got a pm from Melih back :

I will let the relevant people know. thanks melih

So let us know if it is fixed :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Thanks Red. I could have e-mailed Kevin but I didn’t want to bother him unless it didn’t start coming in a couple of days. I’ll keep you posted.
Rod

On rare occasions, servers might have a few troubles. Updates should be fine now.

Regards,
Baskar.

Hi Baskar :slight_smile:

Updates are fine now :slight_smile: The last posts are about the email notifications of the updates, which are important for forum updaters like Rod :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red

Hi Red

Both of yesterday’s updates were fine but we only got the e-mail for the first one. That has been an ongoing problem for months though. They almost always send one out for the first but not for the second one.It would be nice if they corrected that also.