Update to SMF 2 [merged topic]

Ah I see, “Page created in 46.655 seconds with 21 queries.” 88) Has become a bit more frequent for me the last few days. Edit: Or I simply just started paying more attention to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Being a fresh/new install, it’s probably just some database maintenance (index/key builds/rebuilds, etc…) that needs to be done. There’s probably a duff index (or two) that is causing escalating table locks that is resulting in the delays.

What’s a duff index?

Hi Mops21,
This would be caused by the browser cache, this behaviour could vary depending on the browser used and the browsing data settings.

Index. Duff… and as you perhaps can now imagine, it means nothing good when applied to a database index. :slight_smile:

Ta. I get it. :slight_smile:

Some moderators report links at a forum
http:
Example of link here. https://forums.comodo.com/defense-sandbox-help-cis/visual-studio-2012-update-3-debug-problem-t98149.0.html;msg722618;boardseen#new
All graphics is broken.
It only at me?
It is only in CID 25 portable. ???
FF 25 all ok.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Press CTRL + F5 when that happens.

May be images got accidentally disabled?

It it was in old style Opera browser I would suspect it got accidentally set to a custom style sheet instead of the web site’s style sheets.

Noticed it happens now and then in CD too, certain elements will be missing until CTRL + F5 is pressed (normal F5 doesn’t fix it)

Thanks. It helps.
I also noticed that if temporarily to allow comodo.com in (NoScript addition ) at the wrong display it is work as when pressing on Ctrl+F5 . Upon repeated transition to links at resolved comodo.com in NoScript this effect any more doesn’t work with http.
Ctrl+F5 works only.
Possibly it is problems with a site?
As I have problems with CID in the forum section.
Thanks.

May be images got accidentally disabled?
I think No. I began to notice it lately.

Edit: Only why in FF 25 everything works ideally?
Where to look?
CID browser or site?
Anyway thanks for check and confirmation that is a problem.

I’d like to make a suggestion about items in this Forum. I have a small complaint since the introduction of the new Forum format. I would like to see links in text by posters be colored. When a poster makes a link in their text, it’s very hard to distinguish. Lighter gray is too close the the darker black of the rest of the text. Could links be made blue or some other obvious color?

Yes admins must do something for that…

!ot!

I agree… Currently it’s hard to distinguish

Yes we have ask :slight_smile:

Also no I am not very happy either, you can hide links in posts which certain new members do.

They have improve it shows a different colour and underlines the link when you hold your mouse over it, but it should be like this all the time.

In the meantime you could try to use an extension to fix the link color issue. I use one called NoSquint for Firefox. It can work per site or globally.

Guys,
I really don’t like this new red skin, or whatever you call it
Is there any possibility to have, at the bottom of the page, some more skins to choose among?

In the list you cannot even see when a topic was started.
You can only read “Started by …” with no date… :-TD

Hi there,

You’ll see — I have a question about last changes in this forum but I don’t know if this is related to SMF 2 or not.

My question is about how much time the forum keeps me logged in. With the previous design, the forum kept me logged for several days, maybe whole weeks. Now it lasts a couple of days only.

Besides that, let’s say I’m reading a thread without having logging out. I want to reply to that thread so I log in using username & password forms at top right of the webpage. Once I’m logged in, the forum doesn’t reload the current thread, but it takes me to the forum index, which is a pain in the ■■■, as I have to search for the specific [(sub)sub]forum where I was. ???

Does it happen to anyone else? Is this a SMF related stuff? Sorry if not.

Best regards,

Hi KNTRO,

Use the following page link to login, this will allow you to set the login time. (Screenshot)

Besides that, let's say I'm reading a thread without having logging out. I want to reply to that thread so I log in using username & password forms at top right of the webpage. Once I'm logged in, the forum doesn't reload the current thread, but it takes me to the forum index, which is a pain in the ■■■, as I have to search for the specific [(sub)sub]forum where I was. ???

Does it happen to anyone else? Is this a SMF related stuff? Sorry if not.

Best regards,

This is normal behaviour.
Workaround: Open a new tab to login leaving the page you are reading open, once you are logged in switch back to the original tab and click your browser reload button.
Alternative: Bookmark the desired page, ready to reopen once you have logged in.

Hope that helps.
Edit: Positioned the quote correctly to correspond with my reply.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you a lot Captain! It really helped!

Best,