I am from China mainland and I have maxthon as my default browser. As a matter of fact maxthon is very popular in China.
I noticed Maxthon Asian was in your trusted vendor list and therefore there’s almost no pop ups for maxthon.
But, recently, I have seen many comodo pops regarding maxthon. I also noticed that Maxthon Asian is no longer the “trusted vendor”.
How dose the trusted vendor list come from, and what happened to Maxthon Asian? Do you think there’s something that you cannot “trust” in maxthon?
I used maxthon a lot and the removal of maxthon from your trusted vendor list make me nervous. Does maxthon collect user’s private profile?
just now downloaded & installed the latest version from official site. got unlimited rights popup digitally signed but not whitelisted by us. got installed fine with no probs. closed the browser & restarted again, 1 file was partially sandboxed, 2 D+ popups 1 for connection & 1 for shell. D+ events showing 1 file access block.
But browser is running fine with no probs.
it is not removed, it is part of the online white list, is this hard to understand?? The reason why I ask is if someone changed the settings, they can effect why you are having problems. Instead of complaining about it provide me with the answers to my questions. How about that?!?
well I have done it three times already and I get the same thing over and over. It is part of the white list, from what I can tell to make something part of the TVL it will take much more now. I am sure they will add it but it is still part of the white list.
You scanned only the installer. It could be just that single installer file get trusted but not the digital signature of “Maxthon Asia” (i.e. it is not in TVL) and this can possibly explain the current situation.
I’m concerned about the reason of removal of “Maxthon Asia” because;
If the removal of “Maxthon Asia” is just because of a policy change in Comodo, then I can manually add it back in the local TVL.
If the removal of “Maxthon Asia” is due to some malware exploitation, then I better just manually add the maxthon.exe in the local Trusted File List.