trusted vendor list and Maxhton Asian

Thanks Naren for your effort but this does not change the situation. Individual maxthon files can be trusted(or not trusted) as shown in the attachment. Maxthon Asia is not in the TVL.

I have repeated again and again that the concern is about the sudden removal of the digital signature of “Maxthon Asia”. No answer! No explanation! It is really hard to get straight forward answer from Comodo. >:(

[attachment deleted by admin]

I can confirm also, that Maxhton Asian is not in my whitelist either. I can attach a screenshot if needed, but, I think my word is enough. I don’t know why languy99 does have it on his list while many other users do not.

The digital signature is not part of the trusted vendors list but, usually, the installer will be scanned online and found safe. In other words it’s in the whitelist in the cloud.

Apparently there may be server problems that sometimes prevent people from connecting correctly. At least that’s what it seems like from what I’ve read here.

The question is whether the digital signature was, or should be, in the trusted vendors list.

I think comodo is slowly removing from the TVL all small vendors and keeping only the major ones. Everyone else is going into cloud white list.

Is this official or just a guess?

Also, what is the reasoning behind this? I can understand removing any companies that don’t have a long track record of only producing safe products, but is something else going on?

just a guess but I think the reason they are doing this is to be able to easily update the white list ( no restart needed) and to stop companies that are sketchy from making on the list.

I don’t mean to be rude.
I also put a local discussion on Maxthon Forum http://bbs.maxthon.cn/viewthread.php?tid=338872&extra=page%3D1.
One implied there that Comodo may charge companies for a fee listed on TVL. Just as the SSL certification, I guess.
Take it as a rumor, please.

[attachment deleted by admin]

no they don’t charge, I have requested companies to get on there and they have put them on there. Why don’t you tell those people that they have no clue what they are talking about and it would be better not to say anything.