This version of Chrome is no longer supported. Please upgrade to asupported browser [merged topic]

Hi,
The problem is when gmail is accessed with CD, it will warn me about using outdated browser. Disabling the warning is possible, but the presence of the warning is ominous to begin with.
I believe it’s more of a limitation than a bug, but still, if cd has trouble with such a popular service like gmail, I think it should be better taken care of respectably regardless of the source of the bug. (in this case by providing prompt upgrade to cd of its chromium version regarded as safe by gmail)
Thanks.

using the current version, or Version 36.1.1.21 (portable) under Windows 8.1 x64

Notnot. I merged your topic with an already existing topic.

Hello,

Not sure if it counts as a bug, but when connecting to Gmail I get the a popup message saying that this version of Chrome is not supported anymore…

[attachment deleted by admin]

I merged your topic with an already existing topic.

Hi,
I’m getting from Gmail the following message:
"This version of Chrome is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser. "

I am using the latest version of CD AFAIK. Am using Windows 10 Tech Preview
but don’t think that should matter.

Anyone know what gives? I searched the group for “Gmail” but no dice.

My offline Gmail, the addon (extension?) I installed in CD, still works fine, as does my Gmail access.
Or is it this?:
If you’re using a supported browser but see a message in Gmail that your browser is unsupported, you may be using an extension that interferes with browser detection. Try turning off your browser extensions to solve the problem.

If so, do I have to try disabling all my privacy extensions?
Or is this native to CD as a privacy version of Chrome?

Thanks,

• Bob

Hi.
The latest version of Dragon is too old. Chrome has moved to version 40, but Dragon is still on 36.

You will have to live with this message until Dragon 41 is released.

I recently switched to Comodo Dragon as my secure browser for internet banking, official emails, etc. The first impression is very positive but this outdated version warning bothers me. Does it mean that all the vulnerabilities fixed in Chromium codebase since version 36 (and made publicly known too!) are still open in Comodo Dragon?

Yes, unless Comodo has backported some security fixes from Chromium 37–39.

Unfortunately, full Comodo Dragon changelog seems not to be publicly available and commonsense computer security approach dictates to err on the side of caution. As a user, I can only assume that there were no backports and Comodo Dragon currently suffers from half a year worth of unfixed Chromium vulnerabilities.

Maybe I should stop reinventing the wheel and just use Chrome with a minimun set of plugins and without any extensions as my secure browser.

My CD ver is 36.1.1.21. As I mentioned back in November last, I read somewhere else on this forum that CD was jumping straight to Chrome 40 as the basis for the next ver of CD; but that apparently didn’t happen, considering that CD is showing ver 36 instead of 40. Per the Chrome blog, the latest stable ver of Chrome is 40.0.2214.114 (Platform version: 6457.94.0). I reported in November, when CD 36 self-installed while I left the computer running overnight, that two days later Gmail started whining again about running an old, unsupported browser. Today gocomics.com started whining again. Any idea when CD 40 will be released? Thanks.

A bit later Comodo changed plans. Comodo will jump the Chromium band wagon with v 41.

Best guess as to when, please?

Its been over a year now that i get this message in my gmail accounts telling me that this browser is not supported SO WHEN and in whos life time are you going to bring it up to date and stop this annoying message???
I know Google wants me to use the normal chrome browser but I like yours so please get off your duff and
FIX THE PROBLEM??? JJEEZZUS H CRUST!!! see attached screenshot!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here is the latest news on upcoming Chromium based browsers:

Comodo is getting their ducks in a row…

Hello,
when I log on Gmail, I have the following message appears: “This Chrome browser version is not compatible”
Sincerely.

This Chrome browser version is not compatible

I believe that is a Gmail notice/error not Comodo.
would mean you need to update your chrome version.

Hello,
sorry for the post I thought I had deleted.
In fact, I thought that the browser would start automatically update that is not the case despite the activated update option.
So I performed the update and it is back to normal.
However, I do not understand why the Dragon update has not made automatically. I had to do it manually.
Thanking you.
Sincerely.