This version of Chrome is no longer supported. Please upgrade to asupported browser [merged topic]

I already tried with the chrome UA, no effect. There must be a different place in the sourcecode that tells the webpage the real browser ID. :frowning:
If you did it, please let us know. It’s just to remove the annoying message. The functions of CD33 isn’t affected (afaik).

The problem is obviously that Dragon is outdated. The equally obvious solution is to update Dragon to a new version, which will soon be released. :wink:

“So say we all” ;D

using Dragon and have for years. Not gmail.com adds a bar at the top of the page saying my version of Chrome isnt supported. I Dismiss, but it shows up each time now.

quite annoying. solution?

thx

Hi SpartanGA,
I have merged your topic, please see the above posts.

Kind regards.

At 36.1.1.121. Again getting Google msgs in Gmail stating that Dragon browser is out-of-date.

I think Comodo has to switch to some other browser. Comodo has always been slow with all updates. There is no way that Comodo is going to be able to stay up-to-date with Google’s frequent update schedule.

I merged your topic with an already existing one.

Comodo has hired new people for the browsers. Let’s get them up to steam and rolling. In three months we will have a better gauge on the update process.

And other than that I’m not intimidated by those warnings:

While I left the computer on overnight a couple of nights ago to complete a project, v 36.1.1.21 was installed on my computer apparently by itself. The annoying messages from Gmail and gocomics.com stopped — for about two days. Gocomics.com is still not protesting; but Gmail started yapping again last night. I had read in a post somewhere among these CD fora that CD was going to jump straight to Chromium v40, which is out now, as its base version for the new CD. I guess the programmers changed their minds on that one. So I’ll endure the annoying message from Gmail until the programmers put up a v40 version of CD.

Why does my GMAIL says: “This version of Chrome browser is not supported any more. Upgrade to supported browser”.
I have latest 36.1.1.3 version of Chromium Secure and it says that is up to date!

:frowning: I have the same message too!! Comodo update the Browser if is that the problem.

I merged your posts with an already existing topic. You should be able to find your answers here.

I guess this not yet fix am use Internet (Chromium Secure) and still show that

wont be fixed until a new version is released

This constant warning prompt from Google when using Dragon (“This version of Chrome is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a supported browser.”) gets to be quite annoying!

If Comodo can’t keep up with Google’s fast release schedule, why not switch to another browser base, like Firefox, for instance?

Comodo has a browser based on FireFox, it’s called Ice Dragon, but it hasn’t faired any better. CD hasn’t been getting much love for a long time but it seems Comodo aims to change that, they are currently working on CD 41 if memory serves me right and I assume that they aim on making more timely releases after that.

I’ve always asked this question to myself, but aparently Comodo favors Chromium based browsers over Firefox ones. Remember CID hasn’t been updated since December of 2013… And CD/CS has been updated more recently.

The message of not supported, or soon to be no longer supported must be meaningless. I’ve seen it and right now checking YouTube using another chrome-based alternative browser (superbird v37), the message shown is, "
You’re using an older version of Internet Explorer that we’ll soon stop supporting. Please update your browser to the latest version." The site does not even know that “Internet Explorer” is NOT related to the actual browser being used.

Any such message from a visited website using C D would seem to be just as meaningless.

Why is this browser not up to date with Chrome? I keep getting a message on Gmail saying that this version of Chrome is no longer supported.

That message is meaningless. Three other chrome-based browsers will also have a message like that posted to you on sites like YouTube or Gmail, if the browser is chrome-based other than Google Chrome or Chromium.

Actually, that’s not true. Dragon is at version 36 and Chrome is at 39. That’s the reason.