“This browser does not support video playback.” [Merged]

:frowning: Beyond a joke now, Commodo - seriously, this is a ■■■■■■■■ browser.
Only browser on the web that isn’t able to play the most popular social media video clips!!!
FIVE “upgrades” since this problem was first raised and STILL nothing done… :-TD

What can we do more than this… :-X
or try other browsers which focus more improvements and update :-TU (what I already did)
Browsers are another part of Comodo to make marketing fro the holy “Comodo” name :-TU but it is not going with this development

If we show some support, the results might be surprising. :slight_smile:

You literally have it working on a SISTER BROWSER - THE FIREFOX VERSION OF COMODO.
Why cant you copy the format of the script and put it in Comodo.
Or you could just read the ■■■■ website for the solution: http://www.widevine.com/ <---- USE IT. QUIT LOLLYGAGGING AND USE IT. :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU
It says right there: “Google does not assess license fees for the Widevine product. Widevine product. Widevine supports the use of DRM with Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) without licensing fees or required participation in the CWIP training program.” <---- AKA NO LICENCING FEE. USE IT.
:-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Just gonna drop this here as well. http://www.webmproject.org/

Also this:

http://www.openh264.org/

OpenH264 is useful for WebRTC, but not much for video in HTML. OpenH264 currently supports only AVC/H.264 Baseline Profile, and most videos on the web are encoded with High or Main Profile. And it does not decode audio.

Guys, do not care about this problem like Comodo :smiley: I already switched from it.
I love Comodo but I need something which is “working, secure and stable” :-TU

I hope they will solve it in the next year :stuck_out_tongue: I opened this thread in 2015 and there is not much to 2017…Oh God :-X

@yigido - what are you using now. Im sick and tired of this, coupled with the customer service issue, Im done here.

I am using what my signature says :wink: Opera browser Beta cycle.
Great browser with nice neat features in it. I suggest it to my friends too. I can suggest it to you, you won’t be regret.

Off topic soryy mods !ot!

Totally on topic. Browser video doesnt work.
Solution: go find one that does.
Suggestion: Opera

I switched to Vivaldi, works great.

Mk, what ever. Twitters not the only site with video issues and I feel like you guys dont even look at Yigido’s forum anymore. Just dump it all into his forum when you see someone complaining about video problems.

I’m not a huge techie but I understand the “codecs Twitter uses are not free” and ya’ll dont make a lot of money on a free product (though I assume you make a lot more on the security product side) but why is it you can get these videos to work on your FireFox Version and not chrome? I believe what chrome uses for HTML5 video that makes Twitter and the reset of the lot work is

WideVine (http://www.widevine.com/), which and I quote AGAIN: “Google does not assess license fees for the Widevine product. Widevine product. Widevine supports the use of DRM with Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) without licensing fees or required participation in the CWIP training program.” <---- AKA NO LICENSING FEE. USE IT. It says right on there website, NO LICENSING FEE. Yall dont have to pay anything to use it or rip it so why have you just been ignoring it? Posted that a month ago in Yigido’s forum and never saw a response. I saw one for the post after mine but nothing on this. Like yall just pushed a bowl of gold nuggets away.

Who ever the development team/issues manager is needs to go to that forum, look at the suggestions and problems and fix it.
People want security AND FUNCTIONALITY. Your supporters have found work arounds and suggestions and you either shot them down or dont respond OR… this:

Quote from: Shane on August 25, 2016, 11:33:53 AM Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback. The topic of video support isn’t a fix as such since nothing is broken in the browser, it’s a lack of implementation in the underlying codebase of Chromium.

The team has been working on codec support over the last few weeks and we’ll be adding support using Microsoft’s MFT. We will be supporting h.264 and AAC.

In addition, we’ll be adding DRM support to enable sites like Netflix, Amazon Instand Video etc.

This features will be available in version 52, the next release. This should be released in around 21 days.

Thanks,

Shane.

A straight up lie. All you have to do is go to YouTube, Right click on a video and select about HTML5 and see it didnt work. :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD :-TD

But whatever, move this post to https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/this-browser-does-not-support-video-playback-t112637.15.html and never look at it again.
Keep losing users. I really dont care at this point. I dont know why Yigido keeps coming back to help you guys.
Your lack of proper customer service and S-ugar H-oney I-ce T-ea responses are amazing. Ref: (https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/video-issues-idk-where-to-put-a-complaint-on-customer-not-service-t116697.0.html)
Call me when you get this fixed and I might come back.

!ot!

I split and merged your post with this thread, since crossposting is not allowed (§8.4).

Comodo IceDragon (based upon Firefox) supports proprietary audio and video formats by using the operating system’s decoders. The code for that is in Firefox. Neither IceDragon nor Firefox has native support for proprietary formats.

Widevine Content Decryption Module is a decryption module, not a decoder. It does not decode audio or video. It decrypts encrypted media, e.g. on Netflix, and other commercial services.

FYI

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-dragon-v521525664-is-now-available-for-download-t116786.0.html%3Bmsg843322#msg843322

Two years we have been asking them to upgrade video function to play most facebook and all twitter videos…and…NOTHING!!!
This Dragon browser used to be the dog’s bollox - now even IE is better! :open_mouth:
I have loved this Dragon browser, but I’m just ■■■■■■ off with missing so many social media videos.

OK - I’m outa here…Before I go…Just need to ask - if I revert to original Chrome browser, can I import all my bookmarks and “other bookmarks” direct from dragon to Chrome?

You can install Chrome and see the part where it asks what kind of bookmarks to import. You can also just export them to your desktop or anywhere on your computer and import them that way, into Chrome.

Thank you Megamanx - such a shame dragon couldn’t move with the times…when every other browser known to mankind did?

Installed chrome but it didn’t give me an option to install bookmarks from Dragon! That option wan’t shown!
Chrome just gives me the option to save from IE. which came pre installed and I have never used, as I installed Dragon as soon as I got this laptop!
So how do I save my Dragon bookmarks to my laptop files please? Bookmarks AND “other bookmarks”?
Thanks!

Bookmark Manager > Organize > Export to HTML
To get them in Chrome, just:
Bookmark Manager > Organize > Import HTML

Try it before removing Dragon, as a precaution, or you can also try it in IE to see if it works, there, too.