“This browser does not support video playback.” [Merged]

That is good news, thanks Eric. :-TU

I have no time line when to expect.

FFMPEG is free, open source. Maybe that’s what they are going to use.

Yes, the software is free, but the patents are not. If Comodo enables support for proprietary codecs, they have to pay for it, for every supported format and every copy of the application.

Comodo does not make money from browsers, imho thye do not want to pay some for these codecs.
2 months passed and still no fix. I switched to Chrome Dev browser.

It’s really sad that this haven’t been fixed yet. Proper video playback support is a must 2 have. This should have HIGH PRIORITY.

I do agree, it would be nice to know if/when this issue will be fixed.
No promises, but I will have pushed for some information from Staff.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback. The topic of video support isn’t a fix as such since nothing is broken in the browser, it’s a lack of implementation in the underlying codebase of Chromium.

The team has been working on codec support over the last few weeks and we’ll be adding support using Microsoft’s MFT. We will be supporting h.264 and AAC.

In addition, we’ll be adding DRM support to enable sites like Netflix, Amazon Instand Video etc.

This features will be available in version 52, the next release. This should be released in around 21 days.

Thanks,

Shane.

Where have you been guys for 1 year??
Thanks and good luck with your browsers :slight_smile:

I am happy for Comodo browser users.

Wonder the same as yigido here Shane… what have the dev team been doing fo a year+

There’s been a lot of talk about a new ‘devs’ talk being added and that development will be speeded up and imo so have that been nothing but a lie. Sure it worked a little time after the ‘news’ of a new DEV team 4 the chromium based browser etc.

Hope that i won’t basically get slammed by ‘some’ of the Mods here for expressing my thoughts/issues about the lack of development of the Chromium based browser (ie Dragon). This is a real inquiry in what’s been going on for the last year or so, so it’s a valild inquiry.

I really like this browser and its security features but there are some issues that … bother me. And after the little run in I had with your customer support, placing a ticket (Comodo - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software), using the live chat(LivePerson) waiting in silence for 5 mins only to get sent to your other support channel waiting 30mins, calling in to their support, only to be told to go find the answer myself (basically), Im a little ■■■■■■. I dont mind foreign support but when they act like said person, they just reinforce the “support doesnt want to help/doesnt know how to help/cant understand english” stereotype.

BTW I’m new here to IDK how this whole, complain and get results thing works like you vets. Gonna go create a forum that recreates this ticket and my experience because that was just ■■■■ poor. Is the only way Geekbuddy can help through the fix it app? Seriously,

Welcome to forum,

Please read the current help threads here
https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd-b206.0/

If you find the same person who had the same problem with you, then continue on that thread.
If your issue is not listed there, then please create new one :wink:

So experienced users and moderators can help you about your problem. Mods can direct your issue to developers, too.

Thanks,

I’ve read through plenty a thread. Most of the ones related to my issue have been dead for over a year now. Promises of updates and fixes. I have included some of them in my help ticket, which after my complaint has apparently taken some step. Unfortunately those steps were to the left and not forward.
Here is the forum I have created to add to which documents my ticket, issue, and complaint. Feel free to let me know if I need to make changes rather than merging into another thread for it to get lost in or locking/blocking the thread. Modifications can be made.
https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/video-issues-idk-where-to-put-a-complaint-on-customer-not-service-t116697.0.html

Ahh sir, this problem reported by me more than 1 year ago 88)

Please see : “This browser does not support video playback.”

Paine, I merged your posts about the video codec support with an already existing topic. Comodo is working on it:

I would like to add that looking at the development speed of the browsers suggests that browser development is slow. It’s better to adjust expectations accordingly.

While merging is all ok the first comment I made was more direct on it’s parent forum and the fact that it doenst level a carbon copy or a paper trail back the the original is… rude?/not helpful.Merging also just seems like a suppression of an issue too. While it is good for clean up, seem more like your sweeping it all into one forum to which it will never be looked at again. Point in case, some of the forums with this similar issue haven’t been looked at in years dating back to 2013 (as far as I looked. Havent had much time for exploring). Not only that, merging is semi confusing. And suddenly a conversation was added to an existing conversation that had 5 key words similar to that conversation Its like if two people were talking about Taco Bell and 2 more people walked up talking about the Mexican boarder. Both have something to do with Mexicans but one has to do with lazy american tacos and the other has to do with a political discussion. Thought they might all come together in conversation their all gonna be confused as to how they joined the conversation in the first place. Please Note that example is an extreme but an example none the less. It is far better to see 100 different little forums on the same thing then 1 long forum. Maybe creating its own parent forum and linking the originals below like a drop down menu or a list would be similar but mushing them all into on thread is just confusing. Saves space but confusing.

And to the develops note: FINALLY! Not positive but isnt DMR the same thing thats in FireFox and IceDragon. This issue has been going on for how many years, and they just now decided to drag that over to Chromodo. No offense but I suggested that as soon as I saw it supported in IceDragon.
Development to FIX ISSUES should not be a slow process. There should be constant re-affirming that “Yes, we are working on it.” Not “Yeah, … We’ll get to it… soon…like 3 years later soon…”

And now that Im re-reading the quote:

That was posted over 21 days ago. I have Version 52 and it still doesnt work. So problem, is still not resolved. GG.
Sad Violin Airhorn plays Also you need to fix your forums as well. Stack overflow and there’s not even a scroll bar to compensate for that stack overflow.

Merging is not used to suppress anything, the contrary really.
A tidy organised home makes for easier finding of any item.

THe forum software does not show a message when posts or topics get merged. When we merge we tend to keep the titles of the original post rather than change them to reflect the new topic. The forum logs do register more in depth when topics and posts are moved, split, merged or deleted. When needed we can backtrack those decisions by moderators and admins.

There still should be a notification that a post has been moved on the parent forum. I get that you guys like to keep your forums nice and neat and as you say “Make it easier for people to find topics” but pushing all the forums into one doesnt help anything. Also non mods cant see the trail back so hows that help the basic people. And when I click on the title of the original post it doesnt take me back there. So merge, not helpful.

Separate forums on the same issue by multiple people CLEARLY indicates a problem. 1 forum with 100s of replies might indicate a problem as well or its just a “hot topic” or the same 3 people keep replying too it. By merging post and topics, I dont feel like your helping an issue. What would be more helpful is under the Comodo/Chromodo forums make a “Help - Video Issue” Forum when you get more than 5/10/20 topics on the same thing. Then documenting whether the issue has been resolved by placing a [RESOLVED] in the title and pinning it to the top. Only then would I say merging would be efficient, after the issue has been resolved. It would also be a lot easier to search as I’ve used your search bar and its not very helpful.

The bigger an issue is the more forums there are, that should just be a fact and an indicator that something is wrong. “Ive got 100 topics on Video issues by 100 different people,” is easier to identify then “I have 1 forum with 100 replies, lemme check it out… just 2 guys talking about pokemon.” or “…following along and…thats not even a reply to the previous comment, whose jeff?” Its like you guys are just pushing it into one, great big, ignorable red SOLO cup. You can walk around a 50 foot cup but your gonna have to move the 50 2-inch cups blocking your doorway.

Hi Paine,
I agree merged notifications would be helpful. :-TU

I don’t agree on multiple topics on the same subject matter, this would end up more time consuming for users and Devs to follow. :-TD
Separate topics will not help Devs recognise an issue and it will not speed up a resolution.

As far as your ‘Pokemon’ example, why do you think we try to keep topics on topic?
It is to stop unnecessary clutter about general chit-chat in help areas (Like what is happening now).
For any further off topic discussion, please send a PM to the appropriate party.

Multiple topics on the same subject matter can be regarded as spamming an issue.
Forum Policy Sect 8.4
BTW: I do understand this is not your intention. :slight_smile:

Thanks.