The best of Vettetech (A compilation of retorts that made my day)

That’s funny…we both use CFP3, Avira Premium (you really update it every 2 hrs?), PD…but SAS is on my shhh-list for sure…it clashes BAD with something (couldn’t say what) I’m sporting.

hmmm, i passed the test >:(
https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/i_pass_this_iq_test-t20066.0.html

Yes I set Avira to update every 2 hours. NOD32 and KAV by default update every hour. Avira by default updates every 24 hours but if you watch the Avira site updates come out about every 2 hours. I like to be on top of things. So what does SAS clash with? Not Comodo thats for sure.

I’ve got mine set for every 12 hrs…well, to be honest, I just set it to 4…after I had a look at the frequency of the updates - feel better already.
So I was running AntiVir, WinDef, SpyWrBlst, S&D, AA, and a few on-demand scanners (F-Secure and the like).
Perusing a forum (security) someone recommended ditching AA and suplimenting w/SAS (I really wanted to lose Spybot since it has found nothing in a year - I mean nothing - & have done so since) and I did.
At first all seemed well, then on my second scan (1st was fine, weird) my hdd went insane; ever drop it into 3rd gear at 55mph? Well, it sounded just like that - Loud. I of couse was terrified and went into panicdeleteremovebackuprestoremode and said buh-bye to SAS (and S&D).
There’s a rant in the PD/CFP3 Chronicle about it that I wrote apropos of nothing…well, trying to illustrate a point, rather.
Anywho, I have heard nothing but great things but am not so interested to risk further investigation.
I actually am diligent, and my baby hasn’t had a boo-boo since I built her…if only I could hide my ports (:WIN)…gonna work on that tonight.

If you looked at your D+ events you might have seen a block from Comodo about SAS being blocked from memory access. Thats easily fixed. Did you try SAS 4.0?

I had made sure it had all the proper access rights I believe. I just went back to Feb in the logs and it was there - but only once - and I remember very clearly adding as trusted after seeing that particular event.
It was the current ver. on 2/21…don’t know which that was.

(currently trying to ascertain via IM from ELnk why my router is such a POS…instead of answers I’m upgrading from 1.5 to 8.0Mb…I’m such a tool…)

No ■■■■ cheese. I don’t mean trusted. You may need to go to D+\Advanced\Computer Security Policy\Comodo Firewall Pro. Highlight Comodo Firewall Pro and click edit. Then click protection settings. Then click on modify next to interprocess memory access and add SAS. New version of SAS is 4.0.1154.

Alright alright I’m doing it…I’m crying now…thank you very much…but I’m doing it…

If that ■■■■ thing make my hard drive do an effing wheelie again…so help me… (:AGY)

blah blah blah. Put D+ in training mode also. Make SAS updater an updater in D+.

You’re an updater in D+… (:TNG)

…I’ll get back to ya tough guy [1:am pdt]…

[1:55am]…well, I have to say…so far so good. But lemme ask ya: if SAS was stuck due to (particularly) mem access issues, shouldn’t I have seen a litany of logged “events”? I would think so. Especially since it reacted so violently during the scanning process. I mean, it was so loud I almost reached for my framing hammer (often my preferred method of achieving a little peace and quiet) but killed it in task instead.

At any rate, here goes:

I hereby declare publicly, and with the utmost humility, that Vettetech (what kind of name is that anyway? feel like I have a stutter) was obviously correct, while I was evidently wrong.
Therefore I submit a complete and utter retraction of any/all false, deceptive or slanderous remarks pertaining to SuperAntiSpyware or its users.

LOL!

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) (:LGH) :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC :BNC

:■■■■
Josh. :slight_smile:

My name is Vettetech cause I am a Master Certified Corvette Technician. I knew Comodo had a problem with SAS cause I had suspicious attempts logged in the main GUI. Then I looked at my D+ events and there it was. Be sure your logging isn’t set to “0” MB. I also specialize and am certified in diesels.

Sorry that was a misplaced comment. I don’t know what I was thinking. It was late. ;D

Al

I actually thought that might be it (the 'vette being 1st)…but without the apostrophy it looks like vet-te-tek.

:■■■■ for the clues, mon frere. .

Lots of mechanics around the boards. VetteTech do you know Doctor Olds on the forums at http://www.dslreports.com/, another master mechanic and well known network and router guru on that site? :■■■■

No I don’t actually. But is he a mechanic or a technician. Two different things. LOL. I deal with C6 vettes having 31 on board computers to deal with.

How funny is that? Remember I was looking to stealth that Zyxel router? He’s the guy I talked to.

Aaawww man I just tried logging into OA forums. I have been banned. Looks like its time to make another screen name so I can continue to be the spy I am. LOL. (R)

I can’t imagine, you’re so subtle.

Hey Comofo we no longer match. I switched to Avast 4.8 for my av. :BNC