Testimonials for Comodo Internet Security

I’m over the hill, my system is over the hill. Been using CIS for a while, but have tried many others. I kept coming back to CIS then I installed V5 and just thought wow. I have been browsing the internet for quite a while now and never really thought about joining any forums until I installed V4.1 from then on I just wanted to know more and here I am. I can honestly say if you have an older system as I do with low specs then I would totally recommend CIS V5 over any other security software that I have tried. Low system resource usage without security compromise. Best regards to everyone and Congratulations to everyone involved with Comodo.

thank you captainsticks, really appreciate the feedback.

Melih

Low resource usage is indeed a forté of v5. Not that I should mind with my quad core Phenom II based system but I actually do. Computers need to be responsive and snappy.

I am so thankful for Comodo! My PC was acting really weird, figured I picked up something, but I ran malwarebytes, superantispyware, Spybot, Advanced System Care and Avira AV, and it said nothing was found. But yet I still had the weird happenings such as what happens when you run out of memory, disappearing icons, browser crashes, super slowness etc…Then I came upon Comodo just last night, it found several trojans and after removal my PC started running super fast! I work on the internet as a search engine evaluator and speed is important in my job, but before Comodo my production started slowing down significantly, some of my job is evaluation of video streaming and that was so slow it was worse than dial up! Now I am zipping through my work super fast and can even run a scan while working because Comodo doesn’t seem to take up much resources. Thanks Comodo! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this product! ;D I recently was the unhappy host of a nasty trojan/virus infection. It was aggressive, undetectable and it was taking my computer out. I tried at least 10 other applications including a couple of popular antivirus programs that found absolutely nothing. All the while the trojan/virus was taking my computer out and gaining more and more authority on my system.
In my desperate search to find the cure I stumbled across this product and I am sure glad I did. It identified several files via the Heuristic capability’s of Comodo’s virus scan that every other anti-malware program missed. Comodo effectively quarantined the suspicious files and immediately the massive number of connection attempts to and from my system ceased. <Wich I watched happen in real time thanks to the built in firewall) Thats so cool!
I have a lot of money invested in this gaming system and I can not express my gratitude to the developers of this product enough. This is an excellent product!. Thank you. :-TU

Hello at all . For me produceds of Comodo and the Staff of Comodo it’s all excellente and very preciuos for my security , thousand thanks at all Kind regards

Little mention of the free securedns IPs offered by Comodo- even the under-the-radar services provide potent protection. This link infected quite a few within my network but I fortunately chose your free dns servers and was exempt from this particular infection. Comodo caught this before Zuckerberg’s own site did.

Easier just to show the actual screen-cap:

http://www.palmettostatebassmasters.com/securedns.jpg

P.S. My ISP’s default dns servers did not block the iframed url, according to my network of friends on Facebook…

Glad to be able to protect you :slight_smile:

Melih

I watch my commit charge for a quick “heads up” on my system (may not be a good way but all I know) and this is with CIS running. Incredible!

http://www.palmettostatebassmasters.com/tiny_footprint.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

No other free software does what Comodo does. It offers a complete security solution without nagging or asking you to register. They also give you complete control over this free software and how you use their online cloud and services.

It truly is a remarkable product that can be configured for experienced users, or left running on someone’s machine who doesn’t like prompts via the automatic sandbox. Brilliant.

I’ll gladly continue to run Comodo on my machine and hopefully provide them with stats and files that helps them improve as a company. We are all working togther to develop a secure whitelist and cloud based security solution. They even offer free secure DNS service, which is better than a website antivirus scanner.

As long as Comodo continue to offer such complete, configurable and nag free software, I will continue to install it, recommend it and be part of pushing this forward as the number one security solution.

I live/work in a small town. I am a computer repair tech, and I see so many infected PCs. People assume that if they pay top dollar for a security suite that it is the “top” protection.

I first discovered Comodo somewhere around version 3.x and have personally used it every since. I recently started using CCE to scan and remove threats from my clients machines. I also make it a point to install the free version of CIS on their PC before sending it home with them and on the customer copy of the receipt that I give them I put the comodo pro link. I also explain the benefits of both the pro and the free version to them. Seems that since I started doing this I am seeing a decrease in the number of infected computers that come through my shop.

Most people come in now for slow machines which are usually cluttered with registry errors and temp files. I am using CSC on them and setting up scheduled scan times with it to keep them running smooth.

Again I just want to say THANK YOU to all the comodo employees and beta testers that keep this product strong.

~Dan

I have used different Internet Security packages over the years. These varied from paid versions and free versions. I have to say that Comodo IS is the best I have used. It doesn’t cripple my system when I want to do other things on it unlike some paid versions. I hope you keep up the great work that you do.

Aloha to the comodo Team

My new experience with comodo internet security premium 6
used comodo suite in 2011 for about a year. Also installed it for friends, I was convinced by the product.
BUT after a while I total went nuts with the interface, sandbox unsandboxing, firewall, everything given me headache, the red red colour was making me more aggressive even lol… I uninstalled it than.
In that time I used XP PRO x64

Now I got Win 7 Ultimate x64 installed, on a system with 2 gig ram and an old AMD 64 athlon 3500 processor, Win 7 gave me resources problem (I did never had trouble with server 2008 R2 as standalone workstation-imagine) But 7 was freezing like 6 to 8 times I day , sometimes even more!
Used without antivirus software just to see what 7 has to offer. >:-D

I than gave roboscan with, and without windows Defender, a try- which was a joke: I’m downloading a lot, always checking on all the new freeware, 2013 is realy special with that; BUT firewall got bypassed many times. BSOD all over. :P0l

For that reason and my limited system, I had Bitdefender free installed with online armor.
Online Armor has a lot of futures, to show you in real time whats going on. I learned a lot from it.
But Hips asking me what to do, is not my thing, cause if I’m working I react like alowing without reading. Shame on me :imoangel:
Bitdefender also drove me crazy with quarantine behaviour and slow scanning, when I came across mallwaretips and the advice+installation guide for CIS 6 Premium.

NOT feeling good about it, I installed CIS 6 premium as advised and guess what ? even it is more heavy on my CPU and memory, I can freely do my work without Browser crashing, or system freezing.

I used and still do, Maxthon Browser and I killed Chrome ‘SWAP’ by turning it in for Dragon portable now.
The installer CIS Dragon version crashed on me!
After uninstalling and changing to portable, it works way better than Chrome, in every way.
B.t.w I do not use google search anymore (just for SEO search, work only)

CIS 6 does not slow me down at all, in fact it made my computer a breeze.
I find less trash to clean, which makes it possible for me to work for days, even without cleaning. Otherwise I did clean once a day, if in trouble even more often.

I clean with :
1st—> Your uninstaller -diskcleaner - he puts it to trash container.
2nd—>ArchyCript - shredder all Trash containers and system cleanup within plugins.
3rd—>Advanced uninstaller PRO 11 - it can clean like trusted files from downloads. It also has like 100 or more known programs at default, to search for in trash cleaner. I check it all, just in case …You will wonder what it finds.
4th—>Kingsoft PC cleaner - (The AntiVirus from kingsoft is ■■■■ but not the cleaner) I let it look through my registry…(I don’t use my other cleaning programs for that, they are all not trusted with that)
But Kingsoft has a very special way to find many different remnants and clean it up fast and save.
5th—> my favorite oltimer Temp cleaner, hardly find anything after all that cleaning…but it restarts the pc after cleaning, which should be done anyway.

Once a while, after that, i throw JRT exe in the game, to bring out the last nusty.
Windows rollback have to be done by hand once a while too, to quit all uninstalled software for good.

It sound’s like heavy work, but the tools are realy fast…
Only If i have to do it more than once a day, when in trouble with my memory…than I’m f…ced.
I DON’T NEED TO DO THIS NO MORE THX to Comodo

I had right click issues for menus took 3 min to open… 88)
While browsing, after a while I lost mouse control. ???
As well to much in and out traffic loopbacks, ICMP (even ICMP is blocked in my broadband router), etc, kept me away from surving the internet. :THNK

THIS is all over now with Comodo security internet Premium 6.
I can’t deny it. It’s the smoothest suite I ever used.
I love the clean organized interface. I find everything much faster, than in the older version.
Everything can be looked up by dobbelclic, and changed.
I can easy add a new software to trust in ‘block behaviour’ and ‘firewall’.
Make a trust scan once a while and it works flawless.
Drag and drop for sandboxing programs -->great Idea !
I love Comodos custom Interface. (:LOV)
I read complains about “advanced settings” hard to find. I thing many people don’t notice that
you can add it to menu just by right click and set.
Hands down for that
I’m aware that, what works for me must not work for everybody;
But I’m a happy User…and all for FREE - amazing t(°v°t)

1 CON, not really I would love to have an Option to be able to upload the trusted vendor file, for second opinion. Now I can only add or remove not even copy…But this is an option for the future maybe :wink:
There are vendor sites I downloadet from or tried to download, but later I though I should have added this side to untrused, if they don’t deliver what they succest. like 4share, 4me a nogo. All those sides where you stay clicking without any satisfaction results to just some ■■■■ download.
Now I can only add or remove not even copy…But this is an option for the future maybe

Now I want to use Kiosk mode more often, I got the Idea from HD-guard, a guy was using his netbook with friends for about 3 years without antivirus. So kiosk mode is, I thing in many ways more suitable than people talk about. I give it a try!
It’s true that Comodo security needs much more resources than older versions, but in some kind of magic way it speeds everything up for me. (My processor is pimmed to 2.2 Ghz no VM possible, and I got 2 gig ram…soooQ_Q. If I can handle it why not those fancy machines
With recommend settings configuration setting on “Pro active” Its perfect.
Hips off and behaviorBlock on, even though Hips is still activ, but one is preferred and first, hips follows if. unknown program is found etc., thats great done!!
Nothing more said, just greatful thankx to the Team, you really gave it some thoughts. (:HUG):SML:

Aceituna: Probably the most security antivirus free in the world. Thanks Comodo

For a moment I looked for the best antivirus pc.
The best paying antivirus is very expensive …
And then I found Comodo. Why pay when there is better free???

(Sorry but I’m not fluent at English)

ACEITUNA:

NOTICE Comodo Shows Biggest Improvement in Antivirus Tests | PCMag

when i bought my new computer more than 4 years before that time i used Avira premium version but Avira did not able to clean my pc properly so i changed Avira and used Avast free antivirus but avast also made my system crashed many times after every 3 to 4 moths and avast did not scan all the error files so whenever i tried to give a full system scan that time avast said me that some files are password protected and some files can not be scanned so again i changed my antivirus and tried to search free good antivirus that time i got comodo internet security premium. after install comodo i scanned my pc and i got many viruses that avast could not detected. from that time iuse comodo internet security premium version and i also recommend my friends to install CIS. :a0

The best with alot of programs that help make your computer SAVE , just need do config , anyway all should explore all features of that program that i use COMODO Firewall.

In the old days I was there for the start of comodo. Unfortuently out of curiousity im ashamed to admit. I left for other security programs but from time to time id return to comodo after other programs failed to keep me safe and secure and had a few fiascos. You think id learn my lesson. But then I was with avira cause I got it as a gift and had them for a few years. Until avira created another fiasco but removing avira firewall and basically asking us to use windows firewall. Suddenly I was a sitting duck in a pond full of hunters. And the future looked grim and bleak. I thought it was the end of days. Then I remebered comodo. And how it never failed me. And I installed it and finally I learned my lesson. And to just let comodo keep me safe and secure.

I apoligize and I hope comodo can give me forgiveness.

:azn:

Nothing much to say, accept for the fact comodo internet security has kept my pc malware free. It saved me from my stupid decisions, and it is completely free, with no annoying ads. The mods reply to my post quite fast, and the community is active!