"Terminate And Reverse" Does Not Restore Deleted Files [M1228]

1. The full product and its version:
COMODO Internet Security 8.0.332922.4281 BETA
2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
virtual machine : virtualbox 4.3.6 r91406
windows 7 sp1 X32

3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
Auto-Sandbox disabled and HIPS enabled. Also, the option to “Monitor sandboxed applications only” was unchecked.
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
Clean install
5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
No
6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1: I disabled the Auto-Sandbox and enabled the HIPS
2: I then ran an app, which deletes certain files, by double-clicking on it.
3: The HIPS correctly intercepted the attempts to monitor the files, which I allowed for one, but not for the second file.
4: I then chose the option to Block, Terminate and Reverse from the HIPS options.
5: Despite choosing this option the deleted file was not replaced. Also, the log does not show that the file was monitored in the first place.

7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
Choosing the option to “block,terminate and Reverse” did not restore the deleted file. In fact, it does not seem that the file was even monitored by Viruscope
8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
Restore all the events

9: Any Other Information:
This same behavior occurred regardless of whether “Monitor sandboxed applications only” was checked or unchecked.
I have attached a video to clarify this issue.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I watched the video. Can you please check the logs and see if there is any indication that the app was monitored by Viruscope? This may be an issue whereby it was not monitored for some reason, and the logs should help shed some light on that.

Thanks.

I reviewed the record, but there is no report of viruscope

If the same file is run in the Auto-Sandbox is reversal possible?

Thanks.

Atuo-sandbox Default setting = full virtually Will not delete any file

What if it is set to Partially Limited?

Partially Limited no Exists just Restricted ,After running the sample message appears on the Restricted access is denied

Okay, so if I am understanding correctly, this issue only occurs if the Auto-Sandbox is disabled and the HIPS is enabled. Is that correct?

yes, :-TU

I’ve modified the first post, and altered the title. Does everything look correct?

Also, in the future please be careful about the section about changes to the configuration. You stated that it was at default, when in fact this issue only happens when the default settings are changed so that the Auto-Sandbox is disabled and the option to “Monitor sandboxed applications only” is unchecked.

Thanks.

I’m sorry for the mis, everything seems right.
thanks to modify topic

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

This issue has not been resolved

Thank you for checking this. I have updated the tracker.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

This issue has not been resolved

Thank you for checking this. I have updated the tracker.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

fixed partially on 8.2.0.4792

Only restores deleted files by *.exe file ,The following extensions Vbs,bat do not

I’ve updated tracker data.
Thank you.