Scan Exclusions ignored

So I’m having a bit of trouble with Comodo that I haven’t had before. I would often add an entire hard drive directory to the list of folders to exclude from scanning. However the scheduled full scan is ignoring it and scanning it anyway. Another problem is when it picks up a false positive I selected add to exclusions This used to work perfectly but I’ve had it detect the sale file after I’ve added. I really can’t afford to have Comodo quarantining or deleting files after I’ve told it to leave them be.

Can you share the logs? You can export each event log type or go to C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro and attach the cislogs.sdb file.

Hi mintmag,

Thanks for reporting,

Could you please share us screenshot for scan exclusions sections of cis settings,export the cis configurations using these steps,
→ Settings → Configuration → Select Active profile record → Export,also provide us cislogs.sdb file mentioned by Futuretech.

Can you confirm you added the folders or drives to the Excluded Paths and not to Excluded Applications?

Sorry for the late reply. Here’s the screenshot you asked for. I should also mentioned that it hasn’t scanned this area lately, but it did before. So I hope this helps.

Is the T drive an external drive or internal drive?

Sorry for the late reply guys. The T drive in an internal 4 TB internal drive. The good news is that that nothing from it has been hit yet but I’ll do a full scan right now to see if that still happens.

I manually initiated a full scan from the menu and T drive was still scanned despite the entire drive being added to exclusions

Hi mintmag,

Could you please check this path C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Firewall Pro and provide “cislogs.sdb” file or you can share the cis configuration file(eg- abc.cfgx) by following these steps.
→ Settings → Configuration → Select Active profile record → Export for further investigation.

Could you check with a fresh default profile if the same problem occurs or not. I am curious to know if the problem reproduces with a clean profile or not.

To test with a default profile go to Settings → General Settings → Configurations → Import → navigate to the CIS installation folder typically c:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security. Choose the Internet Security or the Proactive Security profile. You will be asked to give it a name. CIS will suggest to use the default name which will overwrite your current configuration. Change the name to somethings else like Proactive Security Test or Internet Security Test. After importing activate the profile and test again. Please make sure to set the AV to not automatically quarantine found threats. It will safe you from a lot of annoyances.

Yes I can. You’ll find them inside this rar file.

This kind of worked, though I’m not sure why.

What do you mean with kind of worked?

I was asking to test with a clean profile because sometimes a profile gets dirty when it is used over multiple version updates.

Well it didn’t scan the off limits area, but I’m not sure why. I installed and then reinstalled it.

That’s the catch with a dirty profile. It’s very hard to try to figure out what went wrong.

Is this a common occurrence?

It is not common but something that may sometimes happen when installing numerous updates over time. Last year I had to start with a clean profile.

I guess we should mark this as solved.

Sorry to bump up this thread again but this bug has returned. You can get around it by switching to a different configuration then switching back and restarting the computer. But to the Comodo team think you guys could look into this one. I don’t want my AV deleting files without permission.

This bug seems to occur when the software does an update and post update scan, Please fix this Comodo I’m sick of geting false positives is areas I told the software not to scan.

What type of update? Program update or AV update? And if a program update how do you update it? If you update to a newer CIS version using the standalone installers, the config is saved but not activated after the upgrade.