Save Comodo Time Machine!

What I’m asking is how many votes must this poll collect to change anything in the situation?
Is it, after all, a lose of time? :cry:

people need to vote. I have done what I can as well as they other 58 that voted yes.

im pretty sure it will be a while before ctm will get any more development. even if it does ten it will take a while for comodo to work on it and release it. ctm is a lost cause for a while until melih decides what he wants to do with it

What does Melih think about this? Is it really a lost cause?

he is just going to tell u that hes waiting to see what microsoft is doing with windows 8 but its not supposed to be released till 2013 so it might be a while before we see anything with this. unless ms leaks a lot of details about their new system restore ideas

None…

Polls are for the entertainment of the forum users. They have no relevance as to whether or not Comodo will continue development on any product.

Since CTM is a free application, it’s completely up to Comodo to decide where their development money is best utilized. Users have absolutely no say in this, regardless of how bad they want a product to continue.

Unless a user starts footing the bill for development, we’re completely at the whims of Comodo.

But by all means, continue voting if it makes you feel better. :slight_smile:

Is this the Comodo policy? ???

Users have influence. Comodo surely has a listening ear for popular demand but will not always follow that. This doesn’t mean I would be for or against continuation of CTM.

Comodo do play close attention to what the users are saying. This does not make it complusory on their behalf to comply. There are many, many organizational, developmental and commercial factors that need to be also taken into consideration.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Edit : Oops - forgot the “not”

Absolutely not.

I’m just saying that if Comodo decides it is no longer feasible (for whatever reason…) to continue to develop a freebie, no amount of user voting is going to change that.

Comodo is well aware of what the users want to see, but ultimately Comodo is a business and needs to make tough decisions based on many more factors than just the wants of the users.

i dont know if i wan to say it but curiously the last 5 replies are from moderators
nothing importand continue the debate…

Polls are more than " entertaining ", it provides a platform for people to express their views on certain matters of concern. Though sometimes participants in polls have acted a bit over-enthusiastically and thus appear entertaining.

I think CTM’s latest/last release has been stable and with no major bugs on the Operating Platforms that it supports. Users have to appreciate the fact that it’s been provided as a " freeware " ! Even in the case if development is (temporarily) halted one could still use it for a long period of time. Not to mention if Once every now and then a new release is put forward, that indeed would be " Cheerful " !

p.s. users who find problems using CTM should first do a thorough scrutiny of their OS and watch the conditions that CTM should be used with.

voted yes :wink:

Thanks.

Sure, of course.

Thanks Ewen… That’s the way we see programs development and collaboration.

Thanks Heffe. Got it and share it.

For me, otherwise, it’s a little deception to be in Microsoft’s hands… Who are we, users, to get anything for a big company like Comodo? But who are we to get it from the giant Microsoft? :cry:
It’s disappointing for me. I’ve struggle with all my strengths to defend this technology… but, of course, I’m a drop in the ocean…

A better user voting means a strong desire of the users for the requirement of the product. This does really make the developers/Company rethink, before they take any big decision. So, please continue voting, although the decision is always of Comodo, we can make them reconsider before taking any decision.

I don’t want to know how much Comodo paid for the codes and I think they should give those code their value by continuing developing it!

Keep it up Comodo

+1 Thanks

my vote too

Hi

I think if you look objectively at the development trajectory of Comodo Time Machine. It has certainly not been “lift off”. Indeed, it has taken a long time and acquired derision status in many quarters. Here, I am talking about those who have had their hard drive trashed. Others are happy. Many sit on the fence.

I think Melih is a fast talker, glib and a wee bit not as open as I think I would wish. Forget the fact that he is waiting for Microsoft. If his product were so good ( As Comodo Firewall/Internet Suite) then it would survive in any event. Comodo Firewall/Internet Suite I will not move from because it is an acknowledged market leader, and free.

Comodo Time Machine, has been a series of foul ups. Not everyone can use it. That is not good product development.

It’s probably right that Comodo should drop Time Machine, if they do not have the skills to develop it. But hiding behind Microsoft is pretty puerile.

Not every developer gets it right everytime. Comodo seems pretty bad at admitting they are up a gum tree.

Finally, in my view Comodo is a one product company which I mentioned earlier. It is terrific. From then on it has been eyes bigger than belly.

Terry

TerryWood, you’ve got your points. Thank you.
Other points I’ve left to Comodo team or Melih.