Sandboxed Outlook 2010 throws "...cannot verify licence..." message [M282]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE Sandboxed Outlook 2010 throws “…cannot verify licence…” error message
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Yes, reliably
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    After Shut Down or Restart the error message “…cannot verify licence…” appears when starting Outlook 2010 sandboxed.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    Start w/o error message.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:
    Yes, but couldn’t find answers to my problem.
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 version 14.0.61.29.5000 (32-Bit).
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    The workaround I use to fix the problem is as follows:
    (1) Reset the Sandbox.
    (2) Start and close Outlook 2010 non sandboxed.
    (3) Start Outlook 2010 sandboxed.
    Very rarely (2) + (3) without (1) works as well.
    To be sure that the workaround functions I always use (1) + (2) + (3).
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
Comodo Firewall 6.0.264710.2708, COMODO - Proactive Security

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    D+/HIPS: Disabled
    Autosandbox/BBlocker: enabled
    Firewall: enabled
    AV: not relevant in my case
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    Yes, but the configuration is not relevant - see B.4.a.
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:
    Yes.
    [li]If so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    I have another Windows 7 (32-Bit) partition on the same machine. I used this partition for less than 2 months before installing and using Windows 7 (64-Bit). So I did the following:
    (1) Boot Windows 7 (32-Bit)
    (2) Updated OS and deinstallation of CIS5
    (3) After reboot installation of Comodo Firewall 6
    (4) After reboot and no changes to the default Comodo configuration the above error message shows up when starting Outlook 2010. The above described workaround works here as well.
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No.
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    See B.4.a.
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    UAC setting: informs only when program changes occur (no dimmed desktop)
    Account type: Administrator
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS:
    a) Avira Free AntiVirus b) Installed the same day as Windows 7
    [/ol]

Here is what seems to be happening:
Starting Outlook unsandboxed: Somehow Outlook first checks if the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running and if not is starting this service before starting the Outlook application.
Starting Outlook sandboxed: Outlook first checks if the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running and if not tries to start this service, fails in doing so, starts Outlook and throws the “…cannot verify licence…” error!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Comodo Firewall also has diagnostics. Please access these through the ? icon in the upper right of the GUI and attach it to your bug report.

Also, can you please open KillSwitch when Outlook is displaying the error message and choose the option to “Save Current View”. Then put this in a zip file and also attach it to your bug report.

Please let me know if you need any help figuring out how to do either of the above.

Thank you.

Done.
In my first post I added three Killswitch files (before the error occurs, while the error message gets displayed and when Outlook 2010 is running flawlessly sandboxed) but chose the save… and not the save current view option. I deleted them and added instead:
(1) The diagnostics file
(2) Two KillSwitch files (while the error message gets displayed) and used the save… as well as the save current view option.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.1.276867.2813 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Leaving open then, tracker updated. Thanks

Even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.2.282872.2847 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Thank you for checking.

I have updated this in the tracker.

Even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.2.285401.2860 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Thanks for checking this. I’ve updated the tracker.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Dear Chiron,
Thank you for following up.
Unfortunately, even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.3.294583.2937 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Thank you for checking this.

I’ve updated the tracker.

Unfortunately, even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.3.297838.2953 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Thank you.

Unfortunately, even with Comodo Firewall Product version 6.3.302093.2976 the problem persists. However, the same workaround is still functioning…

Thanks for checking this. I’ve updated the tracker.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Unfortunately, even with Comodo Firewall Product version 7.0.313494.4115 the problem persists. The workaround is more cumbersome now:

• After reboot it is necessary to start Outlook 2010 unsandboxed and then to close it.
  • Then it is necessary to reset the sandbox.
  • Now Outlook 2010 can be opened sandboxed.