Sandboxed Outlook 2010 throws "...cannot verify licence..." message [M282]

I can’t find an option to edit my previous post. I forgot that resetting the sandbox belonged to the usual workaround. It is the same workaround as in the past!

I have one question though:
How can I verify that the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running in Comodos virtual environment? How can I add this service to the sandbox?

Thank you for checking this. I have updated the tracker.

As for verifying that the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running in Comodos virtual environment, I think you should be able to open KillSwitch. Then go to the View menu and select “Show only sandboxed processes”. I think that should show you what you are looking for.

Let me know what you find, or if that doesn’t work.

Thanks.

Hi Chrion,
I think we are homing in on the problem. This is what I have found out. Starting Outlook unsandboxed: Somehow Outlook first checks if the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running and if not is starting this service before starting the Outlook application.
Starting Outlook sandboxed: Outlook first checks if the service “Office Software Protection Platform” is running and if not tries to start this service, fails in doing so, starts Outlook and throws the “…cannot verify licence…” error!
I now use a workaround (VB-Script, that first checks if this service is running, if not the service gets started and after that Outlook is started sandboxed).
I still think it would be cool if the Comodo sanbox would allow a sandboxed application to start required services (maybe with a user notification) in order to make such workarounds obsolete. :wink:
Also a command line option for virtkiosk.exe in order to reset the sandbox would be highly appreciated (I would like to add it to the VB-Script). Maybe there is an undocumented option that already does that…?
Thank you for your assistance and best regards,
Gunter

Thanks for checking on this. I have updated these steps, and findings, in the first post and in the tracker.

As for your command line wish, you can create a Wish Request for this in this section of the forum.

Thanks.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Dear Chiron,
I installed the new CIS (version 8) yesterday and can confirm that the issue is fixed. The used and described workaround is no longer necessary.
T H A N K Y O U :smiley:
And best regards,
Gunthor

Thanks for letting us know. I will update the tracker and move this report to resolved. If this bug does return just respond here and we can reopen the bug.

Thanks