Rising Antivirus Free

Under 15K unbelievable but true and no I’m not set up to post a screenshot Vette for you. Run it in Sandboxie if you’ve got doubts, but I’m telling you it’s cool, go for it you really won’t be disappointed with it’s performance
Regards
Xman (:KWL)

My pc runs great with NOD32. I also dont like how Rising does in tests. Scores low.

Free screen shot utility. So what happens when you go to the eicar site?

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=775

Your choice dude NOD32 at $60.00+ for 2 years isn’t all that bad afterall
Xman (:WAV)

LOL thats what you think. Ok I Revo Uninstalled NOD32. Gonna try Rising.

Ran the Eicarcom.2 (zipped) test with right click scan with Rising Antivirus, piece of cake found it in 1 second, because it can scan into packed files containing viruses without sweating, chow Vette
*Give me a PM and I’ll send you the 3 captured Jpegs from FastStone Capture ASAP, & I’ll prove you wrong once & for all.

Now you’re talking Vette, that’s ■■■■■ in my book, go for it & post back your unbiased thought on RAV
Rising Antivirus and be honest about it as usual, like I said for me it’s in the meantime that CAVS3 launches official!

Rgds

Ok see I am running it now. Seems pretty good but when I click on those eicar files with NOD32 it stops them dead. With Rising I can download them but when I scan them it picks it up. Nice GUI and tons of settings. Gonna play with it for a bit.

Ok running for an hour now or so. Kinda slowed up my boot up ini folder so I delete my prefetch folder and defragged my boot files. Better now. I cannot believe all the options it has. Just dont know about its detection levels compared to Avast or NOD32.

You need to be more open minded Vette! Have seen a few posts where sometimes you haven even had experience with the product before… Don’t judge a book by its cover :slight_smile:

Just installed Rising to replace AVG 8 on my moms PC and it’s sure is better :slight_smile:

I am using it now Kyle.

I set the updater to cycle every 2 hours. Default was automatic and I don’t know when that interval is but when I manually checked for updates I was out of date so I changed the updater. Also check off to use silent mode.

Ok I think I found the problem. There are several processes needed to run in Rising. Change RavTask to trusting as well as change Update/Setup and Smart up to “updater/installer” .

Ok I really got it now encase anyone else is having this issue. RavTask was being blocked by D+. I set Rising updater to update 2 minutes from now and when D+ gave me an alert about Ravtask wanting to try and run smartup I clicked allow. All better. I set the updater back to every 2 hours. RavTask tells Smart up to run.

Ok here are some pros and cons :

Pros : Nice GUI, Hundreds of options,Pretty good detection rates,Low on resources, Free

Cons : No web shield, Installer folder is 159MB, Task Bar icon is an umbrella while the main GUI desktop shortcut is a Lion.

Ok one last con. 9 program entries in D+ to make it run.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Look what I found to tweak Rising.

5 posts from Vette lol.

What’s your view on rising?

My views on web shields etc are just a marketing ploy…