Resizing a column resizes all columns [M2174]

sorry I meant Futuretech, not Supertech :a0

Thank I have added your video to the tracker. That’s insane on how much the columns get re-sized, the only way I came close to that was after I restored down after window is maximized, but I have a smaller screen resolution so it looks like larger screen sizes are the most affected.

If it can be useful, in my case with Windows 10 ver.1607, with a 17-inch notebook, and a native resolution of 1920x1080 pixel, this problem occurs with high DPI, I keep it set to 124% otherwise the text is too small, while if set the DPI to 100% works properly, so at least in my case, it seems to be a problem with the windows scaling.

Interesting. I also have a Windows 10 machine which doesn’t have this problem so naturally assumed it was a Win 8.1 comparability thing. Easy enough to check. At the moment my text size is 125% with a couple of the menu items increased from 9pt to 11pt.

I struggle today also in this bug and it costs me hours, until find this thread.

It is a little bit frustrating, that the bug exist now 6 month.

And yes, Windows 8.1 with 1920x1080 and 125%

Can anyone who experience this issue test re-sizing columns in CCAV? Is the behavior in CCAV the preferred method with column size changing that should be implemented in CIS? Thanks.

Can somebody just post the default data for that key after a clean install or the information for an unmodified log-viewer grid

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup\CIS\Grids
|modern.set|res://logviewerbase.html/LVAntivirusEventsDlg.html@tblDataGrid|1033

Removing the key does reset the grid to defaults but key itself does not reappear with the default settings in it and also I don’t like it when deleted keys are not recreated by an application :confused:

default is empty, the value doesn’t get created until you modify a column.

I tweaked the problem registry entry for the Network Intrusions window to give me a reasonable (near default) column layout and to create a *.reg file (attached) I can use to reset the Network Intrusions window without launching regedit and locating the key to delete.

If this doesn’t work for you, delete the registry entry.

Again… this is for “Network Intrusions” window. If I wanted to reset the other windows (for example, “File List”) I would start with the same defaults for the binary field, and see if that gave an acceptable layout).

FWIW, I use 115% custom scaling for display.

To fix go to comodo’s install location C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security
Right click cis.exe, goto Properties, Compatibility tab, and check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
You may want to do this for all comodo’s .exe files.

Disregard my previous post. After re-booting the bug still persists.

I wonder if issue happens with CCAV, can anyone test?

There is some odd behavior in CCAV in the Submitted Applications screen, which is the only one populated with multiple heading dividers

The Status divider is moveable alone, but the Type heading isn’t and picks up both itself and the status columns. Move them to the left and a massive space opens to the right w/o any control - but fortunately, it doesn’t stay fixed even when applied and can be reversed and resets when opened again

The bug is not fixed yet? Got it on fresh installed system.

CIS: 10.0.2.6420,
VGA: PNY nVidia Quadro P2000,
OUTPUT: 2x2.5k (2560x1440) monitors Samsung S24H850QFI.

Comodo Version: 10.2.0.6526 clean install

When trying to adjust column widths in log viewer, all the columns expand automatically. Every click expands the columns further, until Comodo itself becomes unresponsive. Since Comodo remembers log viewer column widths, the messed up log viewer window cannot be reset. Also noticed this exacerbates the slow saving settings issue reported in: https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/very-slow-to-save-firewall-settings-t121877.0.html

I’ve had this problem a few times before and ended up reinstalling:

Anytime I adjust the column-width in the “View Connections” pop up window it immediately becomes unmanageable and unusable.
My search for solutions/posts had no luck.

(Unable to add a screenshot.)
This ↓ is what I get, when I try to add a screenshot in this message.

Known issue with re-sizing any column of any window, especially if you use high dpi monitor settings. Use additional options under reply post to attach a file. Workaround for resetting columns is shown in below quoted post:

This last reinstall will be the last for me; I’ll give that a shot… Thank you.

Running CIS version 11.0.0.6744 on Win7
No way to screenshot this. what happens is for example if I load a window on CIS that list logs or unrecognized file list or whatever contains a list and attempt to adjust the size of a column, all columbs seem to double in width. I can hold mouse and adjust the width of the columb I am holding however its a loosing battle as every attempt to adjust a column will double the size of all other columns to the point that the system gets bogged down for some reason and can actually see more ram being used.

Not sure when this started as I do not perform this type of activity regularly up until recent while trying to figure out if CIS was blocking an application.