Questions regarding development of CIS

That is not even the latest version, CCS is at version 12.9.0.8649 and was released just last month, CIS is unlikely to have another release before the end of this year. Maybe after the new year they might actually put effort into developing CIS, but even then I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a new release.

The CIS is dying …?

Not at all my PC stays alive with him :slight_smile:
This is not on the agenda since the Staff collect user feedback

… to use the feedback to implement improvements and bug fixes only in the corporate version.

I already thought that this would happen someday, very sad.

I don’t understand the logic of Comodo.

Even if the current version works well enough, if they would release CIS betas periodically, they would have feedback from experienced users that would be useful.

Some time ago Comodo Staff said:

Possibly Ming also left the company and they have issues in finding someone to take charge of CIS releases. In other words, a new CIS version is taking this long to be released due to possible issues with development team.

Comodo Staff or Mods feel free to correct me, this is just a wild guess on my part.

Do not forget that the Covid 19 has been there which disturbs everyone, especially businesses

Hi guys, I’m still in comodo, and I’m busy with the release of the new version, I hope everyone will be patient. “Do not forget that the Covid 19 has been there which disturbs everyone, especially businesses”

Thank you for your concern for Comodo.

Thank you ming.zhou !
Encourage the development team from me :-TU
Greetings to Melih 8)

Excellent news. Thank you.

Saying what we do and
Doing what we say

makes communication easier and will avoid misunderstandings.

Thanks, that’s great to hear! I am glad my prediction was wrong. :slight_smile:

A long time without a release, will always be a point of concern for us, users of this amazing product, called CIS! But I understand Comodo Staff is working hard to solve problems in order to bring in a new stable release in the upcoming weeks/months. The Covid-19 pandemic being most likely the cause of this long waiting time, as it affected multiple businesses worldwide. Thanks Ming, Comodo team and Melih for your efforts in delivering us this great protection software. :-TU

are you talking about a new version of free cis or the paid one for enterprise?

Ming wouldn’t make such an announcement on this public forum if Comodo would only release a new corporate/enterprise version, that just doesn’t make sense.

This is supposed to be a forum for discussion, suggestion and feedback - not insults. The relevant posts have been moved to the Forum Policy Violation Section and I’ll quote from a previous post . . .

Just because we don’t always comment; doesn’t mean we don’t notice

Gratuitous insults to Members, Developers and Company personnel will NOT be tolerated

On Comodo’s website, it says Comodo Free Firewall ‘2022’

I have heard rumors online that its development has been halted. Is this true? :frowning:
Is it still being actively development, or the contrary?

No - the rumors (malicious or otherwise) are not true

In addition to Ploget:

• The current version protects very well
  • Melih’s protection philosophy is intact

:-TU

offtopic and youre causing confusion misinformationing people about cis consumer editions to be abandoned. what now? youre an moderator. do i report you “to you”? joke, right?

I knew it, I knew it.
Almost a year has past without a single new CIS free personal home version nor any betas or whatever.
Is CIS free for personal home use really dying, what do Staff say?