PrivDog AND Ghostery?

Hi,
5 stars for your work !

Not yet. Ghostery is on the official Mozilla addons list, while PrivDog is not. It also has a stronger marketing and PrivDog is almost in oblivion.

I’ve learnt about it only a couple of days ago, and before that I had no clue, and I know things.

Spread the word first. Than Ghostery is history. Maybe.

P.S. In case you want a fresh XPI, I’ve just extracted one. August, 2014. Ver. 2.2.0.14.
Get it here:

[URL=http://www.mediafire.com/download/w939cxvfi0mldem/PrivDog_2.2.0.14_August_2014_PrivDog[at]AdTrustMedia.com.xpi]PrivDog Ver. 2.2.0.14 Firefox XPI[/
MD5: A76E366FA897EFE7D642D62D11E50F11
SHA-1: 4A83630773DEDDFD656655C8652B7399588B146A

http://4.firepic.org/4/images/2014-08/16/0ejy8k8mw1rb.jpg

I added MD5 and SHA1 hashes to your download link. Eric

It is our job to protect your from 2 things

1)Malvertising (malware being distributed via ads)
2)Irrelevant advertising

We take this responsibility so very seriously.
You should see the huge development effort underway to make this happen for our users! Its huge!!

Melih

IMHO, I do not think solely browser addons (xpi’s, crx’s, etc) are what is required.
The browser is only a portion of the system that connects to the outside world and even a smaller portion when talking specific browsers.
There is little advantage in protecting individual system components, but rather protection for the system as a whole.
Protection needs to be system wide as with your other security/anti-malware components/programs and I imagine PrivDog’s Developer’s to be seeing this as the main avenue for protecting all users in the future.

Just my thoughts. :slight_smile:

spot on :wink:

How about making that new application also capable of blocking big lists like used for tools like Peerblock?

I never read threads; I react to the title of the thread; I’m a posting fool.

I use Win2003 R2, CIS v5.12.256249.2599, Ice Dragon v26.0.0.2 + PrivDog v2.2.0.14 + NoScript v2.6.6.8.36

The synergy betwixt CIS, Ice Dragon, PrivDog + NoScript is exquisite.

My perspective is that NoScript blocks all JavaScript from interweb pages otherwise unallowed, while PrivDog interdicts potential malicious use of cookies on pages that are explicitly allowed by NoScript.

Firebox NoScript add-on will 100% block all potential malicious JavaScript and thereby prevent virtually all drive-by downloads, but 99% of netsites functionality will be broken likewise.

Allowing JavaScript to execute on a trusted-site by site basis - per NoScript - backstopped by PrivDog’s interdiction of potentially malicious use of cookies (for privacy invasion), is the epitome of multi-layered dictum of network security.