PrivDog AND Ghostery?

I saw that. Me too. But I think it is enabled by default? Once again many ppl won’t know this. So the data is used without their knowledge/consent. It’s wrong and misleading. Yes you need to Q such apps but not all ppl do.

Also note: Help Support Ghostery by sending anonymous statistical data back to Ghostery HQ. As if LOL!

Indeed I think it is enabled by default however when you install Ghostery it will open the initial settings set-up and if you go through it (which it is made for) then you should see that option. I don’t think it’s misleading as the option says what it is doing, however if it’s wrong or not can be debated, personally I don’t label things right or wrong since there are no actual guidelines for these, just personal opinions.

The data can still be anonymous, statistics doesn’t need to be personally identifiable. :wink:

Edit: Either way we have PrivDog now ;D (although not for all browsers sadly)

Fair point.

“PrivDog can install protection for the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome browsers on Windows systems.”

http://www.privdog.com/downloads.html

You mean other browsers apart from these?

Also note: Help Support Ghostery by sending anonymous statistical data back to Ghostery

In Priv Dog, too, should be the option of choice. :wink:

You are a true poet Ubuysa!!!

Welldone, this is amazing and very entertaining!

Hi Seany007,
SanyaIV is waiting for PrivDog to be compatible with Opera Browser.

The information about Internet Explorer on the site is incorrect as PrivDog is not quite ready for Internet Explorer, sorry for any inconvenience.

do they mention that once you enable this feature they will sell your data to advertisers?

PrivDog continuously counting posted by ‘AvKyJJ’ sounds like a bug to me so I have split the discussion and move it to Bug Reports - PrivDog

Split topic found below.
PrivDog counting continuously on the posted site.

Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone.

Hmm not that I know of, which in my opinion is a d**k move of them, however when something says it will collect my data (like the option in Ghostery) I always assume that it won’t stay there, whether they give it to someone else or sell it.

Indeed, however after going back to Google Chrome I kinda like it, mostly because of the extension “Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller” oh man it feels good scrolling.

However I do miss some things, like the built-in e-mail client and the feature that asks you when sites are trying to save cookies etc. Oh and Chrome is a great deal faster on showing sites and more sites actually work correctly!

I do realise this topic was created because PrivDog was originally released with Dragon, but considering the content of this topic I have now moved it to the Help - PrivDog section.

Comodo devs must develop a privdog add-on for Firefox. Maybe I just want Privdog only my Firefox or my dragon… and I think an add-on can reach lots of people ;D

it will be out very soon…

thanks Melih :-TU

2 Melih:

Here in comodo forum Disconnect and Ghostery found google analytics and block it, while PD didn’t detect anything ?
Block all Ad Networks in PD is turned on.
Can you clarify more on this ?

Try disabling Ghostery and then check again.

that wouldn’t make any difference because its app feature not conflicts between them !
But sure why not…disconnect + ghostery disabled, same thing !

I think it’s not getting anything because Adblock Plus is on.

I think ABP is not the case why PD is not blocking google analytics.
Maybe by PD google analytics is OK, so it doesn’t block it !
This is just a thought not a claim :slight_smile:

Hi Mark1

Seems we indeed missed something. I will check it more clearly this week.

Thank you for feedback.