Please use Comodo Search

it shouldn’t interfere.
thanks
Melih

Thanks for that!
yep, its easy, it helps Comodo bring even more products to market (as always we follow our Free motto!). Thank you for your support!

Melih

One question, does this still work (that is does Comodo still receive cash) if instead of searching from Comodo Secure Search protects you from infected websites I use it from the search bar or (as is my case) from the URL bar with a keyword (à la Opera or Firefox)?

Great idea…it’s now my homepage (L)

It should do, if you use the correct URL. At least, I hope so. Otherwise many of my recent searches have been for nothing (financially). :smiley:

Perhaps Melih can confirm this, just to make sure.

For those of you using Firefox, there is a great little extension called SearchLoad Options that allows you to tweak the search bar in a number of ways. One of the options allows you to reset the search engine after each search (after a number of seconds specified by the user).

Comodo Search is my default search engine. Whenever I need to use another one, FF will automatically reset the search bar after a while. Very convenient.

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/3544

yes, the search must take on our site (our url) for it to be financially beneficial to us.
thanks
Melih

As long as it’s only the URL I guess I’m doing okay. It was in case it was also needed that the portal Comodo Secure Search protects you from infected websites was detected as referrer, or something.

I mean entering directly in the URL bar (usually automatically by means of a keyword) this:

http://www.ask.com/web?o=1674&l=dis&q=for+example

If any, I guess it’s the “o=1674” what tells ask.com that the search comes from Comodo.

I would use if it was based on Google :-\ No offense but Ask is well…not the best…Always Google!

I would agree with you for the organic search results.

but over 80% of the people click on the first 3 links, which are usually sponsored links and lets be honest these “sponsor” are pretty much the same in all search engines!

Melih

It only takes a second to switch search engines in your search bar, in case you can’t find what your looking for. :wink:

!ot!

Yippiee, I’m part of a minority. I hardly ever klick sponsored links. :smiley:
Now…back to topic!

EDIT:
does that mean that comodo only gets money if one clicks the sponsored links? Or is it enough to use the search engine as such?

It’s not just the search results I can handle that. It’s the bloat and for something I use constantly it needs to be near perfect.

http://i26.tinypic.com/dcdmhv.jpg

anyone, including google only gets paid if the sponsered links are clicked.
that applies to us too
thanks
Melih

thanks for clarification!

Are you sure?

When you join one of these groups, the total amount of money that was raised is shown on the search page. You can see that number go up while searching, even without clicking the ads. And this is powered by Ask as well.

Yes.
what everyclick does is they don’t show any results but sponsored ones. So any click will result in a payment.
thanks
Melih

Hi All
How about adding a ‘Gadget’ to the MS site for Vista Users. Hopefully a Comodo Search Gadget on the Vista Desktop should be a constant reminder to use it as required.
Brian

I’m very sorry, but I like Live Search better because, for now, it doesn’t have as much ads, and I just like the look of it.

Sorry again. But, (L) still. :■■■■

Hi Melih;

I’ve tried this Ask search engine, but if I search for known Dutch content that would be in the first five Google result, I get… nothing but sponsored links! Ask doesn’t seem to have any relevant local results for us here in the LowLands alas… :cry:

Comodo/Melih, use Live Search, or no search at all. ;D