Option to install only the cloud AV instead of the full AV [M1982]

[s]1. What actually happened or you saw:
When you install CIS the AV (i. e. the database with the signatures) is automatically installed on your PC

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
When you install CIS it would be good to have an option to allow users to install either the full AV (as written above) or just the cloud AV (like in the new CCAV). If the latter is chosen, no signatures should be downloaded and the only working AV should be the cloud AV

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Signature-based AV can slow down some computers, that’s why Comodo has developped CCAV (cloud AV + sandbox). I personally think that besides sandbox, HIPS and FW are also key components of a security software, so it would be great to have a mix between CIS and CCAV (HIPS + FW + sandbox + cloud AV)

4. Any other information:
Comodo rocks !!! :rocks:[/s]

EDIT with a (hopefully) better wording:

1. What actually happened or you saw:
When you install CIS the AV (i. e. the database with the signatures) is automatically installed on your PC

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
When you install CIS it would be good to have an option to allow users to install either the full AV (as written above) or just the cloud AV. If the latter is chosen, no signatures should be downloaded and the only working AV should be the cloud AV

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Signature-based AV can slow down some computers, that’s why we have many examples of cloud-only AVs. Furthermore, I personally think that besides AV, sandbox, HIPS and FW are also key components of a security software, that’s why I like a fully-featured security suite like CIS. But in my opinion it would be great (especially for low performance PCs) to have the option to choose, upon installation, among signature-based + cloud AV or just cloud AV

4. Any other information:
Comodo rocks !!! :rocks:

CCAV and CIS are two different products. Different design.

I will move this one to “Added/Rejected Wishes” section.
Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry, but I don’t understand…
I know that they are two different products, but my wish is about CIS only.
If my wish is implemented in CIS, you just will have the current CIS with cloud AV only.
My reference to CCAV was just to make it clearer what I meant

Please note CCAV is more than a cloud AV.

For this reason different features of each overlap with each other, so you cannot have both.

Dennis

The point is cloud based av in CIS, not the CCAV product.

It’s already implemented in CCAV.

But not in CIS.

Let me clarify even further, the point of the wish is to have a cloud based antivirus (as an option) as opposed to a local signature based antivirus in Comodo Internet Security. The wish is NOT for the product Comodo Cloud AntiVirus to be added to CIS.

CCAV has Cloud based AV but Cloud based AV doesn’t itself imply CCAV. :wink: Zemana AntiMalware for example has Cloud based AV, but that does mean it has CCAV… See my point?

The point is to have the option to do away with the local signatures for the AV in CIS and instead have it rely on cloud detection (with certain caching I guess)

Or at least that is how I interpret the actual wish even if it wasn’t worded in that way. Jon could probably verify if I understood the wish correctly or not.

It’s not that reasonable because a different product was created to such scope. Why bother when you could always use CCAV which was also designed for lower resources consumption?
If [at]Jon79 wants to we could just forward it but I doubt it will get accepted. They could have done this from the first place…

Because CCAV doesn’t have the other features that CIS has. CCAV is designed for lower resource consumption yes but also to be minimalist whereas CIS is designed to have a lot of features that could benefit both normal users and power users. You say one could always use CCAV but users that are accustomed to CIS would lose out on tons of other features, Firewall being a great example, HIPS being another.

Would it really be that hard for Comodo to make a check-box in CIS like “Use local signatures” which is selected by default and if deselected then only uses the Cloud?

With the current wording I would agree that it would be rejected, but mostly because it would cause the same interpretation issue as the one that caused it to be moved to rejected in the first place, Comodo staff would likely think it refers to CCAV as well.

+1

Sanya, thanks for your help in explaining the meaning of my wish :slight_smile:

I really like this idea alot, is especially great for people who dont use there PC regularly so would with CIS have to download a huge av database next time they boot their PC, my dad falls into this category sadly, and myself these days have had no infections for many years and dont use my Windows that much anymore, I dual boot with Linux Mint which is my main OS now, so having CIS with a cloud av option would be fantastic, I would still like to have CIS for the firewall, so wouldn’t want the CCAV product :slight_smile:

+1

+1 I support the option to have choice in CIS to have cloud and local AV or only cloud AV.

its very good idea and my problem becuse cis data base very larg :-TU

CIS somehow already have CCAV, just do not work as well as the comodo cloud antivirus. Some adjustments may solve.

CIS or CFW, both of them has cloud detection. They will integrate Valkyrie to CIS and CFW. After this level, there will be no difference between CCAV and CAV but CAV will has offline db :-TU

CIS has a kernel mode sandbox where CCAV is only user mode sandbox.

Cloud in CIS is not pure Cloud AV i.e it doesn’t blocks execution of file for the file verdict…CCAV is true/pure Cloud AV i.e blocks execution of file for file verdict.

You are worng. CFW & CIS can detect & quarantine malwares with cloud signatures.