Oldschool design

That would be fine but the only drawback would probably be a larger installation file. That wouldn’t be a deal breaker by any means though. It would be a nice solution.

I have V 5.10.ghhhhhh. I was OK with the interface. It was top-layered and lead you places.

Then I upgraded to a new version…# unknown, because I uninstalled it as fast as I could.

To me it’s just a silly flashy thong…not a typo.

So what are people thinking? I post that ion two levels:

• what ARE you guys thinking?
  • what do people think in general? Am I to expect this minimalist up-front hiding the same complexity that was there before and thus ensuring I do what I am told…because people LIKE it?

I like it but will acknowledge that it needs some tweaking. I think it’s a very good start and I hope it doesn’t get changed too much.

RealOldNick,

If you read through the posts (including those in CIS beta section), you’ll see that you’re far from being alone in disliking the new interface of CIS 6.

i honestly dont think that it will increase the the installation file/directory more than 10 to 30 KB even though i dont know how the UI is made/written

it probably will just add some functionality or adds some menu or components to the existing ones maybe a little longer to load for expert maybe but not sure , though i think the new UI load slower because of the animationthan the number of the components or maybe its loaded dynamically when needed on why it is slower

i think they can make it like that of AVIRA that the user have to set expert which open up the other controls

for the summary i think it would already be nice to be able to see the 2 rows in the widget some state of the component ( limited, safe etc) and links to go to what is sandboexed ,detected , and prefereably the ports and i would also sugest the stop all traffic easier to get to since you probably in panic when your going to use it ( unless maybe if physically disconnecting to the internet/network is faster :wink: )

Yes, thanks. I am starting to get the picture… :slight_smile:

Graphics programming is some of the most intensive coding that can be done. Since we are talking about adding graphical elements, it would take a lot more than a few kB in additional data. It shouldn’t be any huge amount though.

ooops i guess i misread the comment you made that i quoted

I don’t think anybody truly like version 6 . Some just stick with it though . Well. There may be a few .

I like it. I don’t think I could do without the widget at this point. I really like that there is always a summary screen I can check, even without opening the GUI.

However, I do wish the configuration settings were easier to get to through the GUI.

You’re wrong, I love it and so does the other user here. I don’t think we’re alone.

I still think it would have been much easier to create a Basic (which you have now) and a Advanced interface with the option to always open in the Advanced interface.

Those who install and forget could use the Basic so you can see if everything is running as it should.

Advance users could just have the Advanced interface only.

The way we are going it seems we will have neither which will not please anybody

+999999

I just redid my main comp with Windows 8 and installed the latest CIS… wtf happened :frowning: My first reaction was if this has tacky voice alerts like Avast I’m going to throw up. I doubt if I’m alone but these ‘pretty’ interfaces are starting to give me an allergic reaction. They almost always sacrifice usability plus it actually adds to development time (been there done that). Its not that I don’t like the general theme but nesting all advanced settings in a accordion tree view control is simply more tedious. I read some people talk about it being more of a touch compatible interface, really an accordion tree view??.. Thats about as tedious as it gets on a touch screen :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t get me started on widgets, if god spoke only thru a widget I still would disable it! Widget fine, can only interact with certain features with one, BAD.

All that said, I’m still a CIS fan but please have an advanced user view/layout. TYVM ;D

P.S. - If you change the alert.wav (grumble…) CIS will act like it needs to update and then undo the change if you let it proceed (grumble…grumble…)

Actually I liked the voice notifications in Avast and I wouldn’t mind them being added to Comodo or at the least, a small popup to tell you that your AV had been successfully updated.

Oh lawd! :open_mouth:
And one for “allready up to date”?

Honestly? Voting for removing of security questions but introducing senseless uninformational pop ups with no sense?
Its enough IF you get a notification about a MALFUNCTION while update. IF at all.

Me wonders on a daily basis.

Have you enabled balloon notifications? This should tell you when the database has been updated.

Do you mean the notification messages? I have them enabled but have never seen one saying that the database was updated.

No, I meant balloon messages. In previous versions of CIS, this was a setting in the general preferences menu. Perhaps they don’t exist in CIS 6.

There is nothing about “balloon” messages.

[attachment deleted by admin]

But why do you need a notification if everything works?

“Dont look at this sign”

According to the help file, it sounds like the notification messages are the same thing.

Show notification messages - These are the CIS system notices that appear in the bottom right hand corner of your screen (just above the tray icons) and inform you about the actions that CIS is taking and any CIS status updates. For example ' Comodo Firewall is learning ' or 'Defense+ is learning ' are generated when these modules are learning the activity of previously unknown components of trusted applications. Antivirus notifications will also be displayed if you have selected 'Do not show antivirus alerts' check box in Antivirus > Real-time Scan settings screen. Clear this check box if you do not want to see these system messages (Default = Enabled).
[url=http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4751-Customize-User-Interface.html#notification_messages]Customize User Interface[/url]

So apparently you should be seeing AV notifications unless you have disabled the Do not show antivirus alerts option. From your previous posts about CIS generating too many alerts, I’d assume you have this option enabled, so you’re probably not seeing the AV messages due to this.

If you do have this option disabled, It may also be that they have removed the messages regarding the updater, because people would complain about seeing the Updating message too frequently.

Edit: Typo…