Oldschool design

FileHippo does host older versions. The key is to select the version you want and then click the link FileHippo Mirror instead of download this version.

thanks!
i also need the old 5.x firewall from filehippo
this new design is horrible
functionality 2/10

the new firewall version 6 is slowing down the pc, popup aletrs hang, the ugly new main window freezes, no drag and drop is possible, the activity overview is some where hidden in nowhere… its just one big disaster… there is only hope for version 7

The only “usablility” that is lost is stuff that is really not needed in this new version.

Indeed, it’s really quite usable, if all you do is install it and forget it.

Comodo Internet Security 5.12.256249 (64-bit)

Hmm i think the summary screen is one that is needed, but this will return in few update.

Right. The summary screen will return in a few updates. They will push 6 as an update at the end of this month
for 5 users.Probably without the summary screen though.
I have patience and know it sure will be ironed out and cool after a few updates.
But of course everybody wants it NOW…
88)

But you can add more functionality right in the taskbar. You can add Sandbox settings and firewall settings, athen you have all from one click - Behaviour settings, defense + settings , hips settings and much more…

I don’t feel that even that is absolutely necessary. Nice but not absolutely needed.

For some it is absolutely needed. :wink:

I’m currently not using CIS 6 because it doesn’t have this, and I don’t plan on using it until it gets added… It’s just basic functionality as far as I’m concerned.

Everybody has different criteria of what makes a product usable for them. To say something isn’t necessary because it’s pretty far down your list of needs bears very little relevance to what others may require.

Just think of how boring the world would be if everybody thought exactly the same way. :smiley:

That has nothing to do with whether it’s necessary to get sufficient security. I still say it isn’t absolutely necessary in that regard. Yeah it’s nice to look at, but how often is it really useful? In my case, such a thing really never has been.

Well, you don’t really seem to know or care what goes on with your security application, so it’s not surprising you don’t have a need for another facet of that same application. As plenty of others have said, just because you don’t find it important, doesn’t mean others feel the same way.

:-TU

I still think it would have been much easier to create a Basic (which you have now) and a Advanced interface with the option to always open in the Advanced interface.

Those who install and forget could use the Basic so you can see if everything is running as it should.

Advance users could just have the Advanced interface only.

The way we are going it seems we will have neither which will not please anybody :frowning:

+1 :-TU

This is really the only way to cater to both crowds. I would much rather see something like this, than something that is a compromise for both schools of thought. (It has neither all of the usability that the advanced users want, nor is it as usable for those that want to install and forget…)

Completely agree :-TU

I care what goes on, I just don’t need to see the details. There is a big difference between what people find important and what is absolutely necessary to have. I have also never found the display of connections to be useful but just eye candy. My point is that you can get sufficient protection from CIS without ever looking at that stuff and therefore it is not absolutely necessary. If they put the options back in, that’s fine but it shouldn’t be presented as being an absolute necessity to achieve an acceptable level of security.

I will say that having the ability to view connections in the main UI without having to install an extra program (Killswitch) that can be very dangerous in the wrong hands would be a far better way of doing it. I gave up using any Comodo offering but the main CIS suite a long time ago because I found them far too invasive and potentially dangerous. Even the anti-spam program was bad.

So you keep on saying.There is a big difference between what people find important and what is absolutely necessary to have. I have also never found the display of connections to be useful but just eye candy.
[/quote]
Please don’t confuse personal opinion with what is best for the rest of the world.

My point is that you can get sufficient protection from CIS without ever looking at that stuff and therefore it is not absolutely necessary. If they put the options back in, that’s fine but it shouldn’t be presented as being an absolute necessity to achieve an acceptable level of security.
You did not respond to Dennis2 point of view to have two different interfaces. One for the advanced and one for th non advanced users. I like that.

I will say that having the ability to view connections in the main UI without having to install an extra program (Killswitch) that can be very dangerous in the wrong hands would be a far better way of doing it. I gave up using any Comodo offering but the main CIS suite a long time ago because I found them far too invasive and potentially dangerous. Even the anti-spam program was bad.
Having the view connections option in the main screen is a real crowd pleaser.

Any word on the tray right click menu?

I’d like the different settings for HIPS and firewall back, not just enabled-disabled. Its a long way trough the main UI to get to those.

Have you voted, as the more that vote more chance of it happening sooner.

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/bring-back-the-features-of-the-tray-icon-poll-added-t89993.0.html;msg649144#msg649144