Official Windows 11 compatibility for Free Firewall and CIS

I think this could be the reason for some problems with cis.

Thank you for this assessment of yours, which does strengthen my confidence in cis.

To all - don’t forget:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/questions-regarding-development-of-cis-t127440.345.html

Re: Questions regarding development of CIS ? Reply #349 on: August 09, 2022, 06:32:08 pm ? You either believe in the fairy tale that CIS is still being developed and they are working on it and will release more info or a new update "Soon", or you accept it is not being worked on and the developers have left Comodo or were directed to work on Comodo Client Security. CIS is dead just like all ther other related products, ISE, Secure Shopping, CCE, Rescue Disk, Online Security Pro web browser extensions. They won't admit it until the very end just like with CCAV, which the only reason they announced it being discontinued was so they could get everyone back to using CAV/CIS. Also Xcitium is only for the business and enterprise markets so no reason to bring that up as it will never be for home users, it is called Xcitium Enterprise Platform for a reason. Advanced Endpoint Protection is a term used to define a type of product for the buisness market. Comodo Client Security is Comodos AEP which in turn is the same as Xcitium AEP. ? Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:34:29 pm by futuretech ?

the endopoint uses cis for the interaction on client side, so cis is still developed by comodo/xcitium… they just dont focus on free home version anymore and maybe its more easy to just ignore us and its user base… and less expencive too…

windows 11 and comodo internet security is compatible…

Hi Liosant,

Yes it is running OK on your machine, but others are finding it does not run correctly or causes their machine to grind to a halt. This has also happened with other versions when the OS is new and even COMODO state themselves that CIS is only compatible with Windows versions upto 10 and not 11.

There are some under the hood differences with Windows 11 and CIS works OK on 1 of my machines but on two others it caused problems - I have even tried clean Windows installs on those machines and still the same so I wait patiently for any news or updates that hopefully will propergate through from the Enterprise version that is still being worked on. :-TU

A number of antivirus programs, particularly with application control features have had issue with the Win 11 22H2 where Microsoft introduced Smart App Control. Those who upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 shouldn’t have issues but those with Win 11 Fresh install with 22H2 update installed, it seems to cause problems with AVs using Application Control. I don’t have a Win11 compatible pc but that maybe why it works for some and not others in Win11