Author Topic: Questions regarding development of CIS  (Read 29412 times)

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Questions regarding development of CIS
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2022, 03:47:41 PM »
Please, don't me understand wrong. I am looking for reviews for comodo tests and opinions myself.
Safetydetectives is still one that writes more recent reviews.
I didn't wan't to bring evidence through this, just opinions. A difference.
Then my posts are also random posts when I write that I can only report the bes experiences with comodo
to date? This I could now write in vearious forums. Random post?
Just writing we hearnothing, we hear nothing, we hear nothing, brings nothing. You can't find any new tests about comodo.
What is more important than protection? If it works, then the program is fine. If this shows errors, then it would be time for the development team to speak up. Should it now write: "We are on it." Would you be satisfied then? I don't need a new color scheme, new buttons, etc.

I would be satisfied with a new release rather than vague promises that it is still maintained, we are working on it, etc.
Because action speaks louder than hundreds of words.

I don't need to look for obscure website reviews concerning CIS, I know well about its protection level, I watched all of Cruelsister videos and I have looked upon multiple test results for CIS on reputable organizations such as Matousec, AV-Test, Avlab.pl, etc. and I know that CIS is unbeatable if configured in the right way. I used to recommend Comodo to other people, to the point of being involved in online arguments with people who criticized Comodo with flawed logic. I always defeated them with evidence, to the point of one person threatening to sue me. So I don't need you to prove me that CIS protects well, I know that since a decade ago or so.

The main point in requesting for a updated CIS version to arrive soon is that there is no point in recommending to other people a security product that is not updated since 2 years, no Official Support for Win11, etc. It looks bad for Comodo, and it looks bad for me.

What looks even more terrible is the fact that the Enterprise version is being actively updated with Bug fixing every 2 months or so, while nothing for CIS. So all evidence is pointing that CIS is a dead product. I tend to believe in evidence rather than promises that come without action.

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2022, 11:35:06 PM »
24 pages and lots of kibitzing going on. The Xcitium Black Hat conference announcement should have paused further negative comments at least until after the conference was over. The wait is almost over. Then we can applaud, complain or scratch our heads depending on the outcome.

https://www.xcitium.com/blackhat2022
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:42:02 PM by CommodoUser2019 »

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #347 on: August 09, 2022, 05:07:30 AM »
Guys please, this is a thread about "Questions regarding development of CIS" and not about mud wrestling.

Is there a glimpse of new CIS on this Xcitium page : https://www.xcitium.com/advanced-endpoint-protection ?

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2022, 06:14:15 AM »
I don't understand your excitement, indignation.

Then please read again carefully.

There is no point in recommending to other people a security product that is not updated since 2 years, no Official Support for Win11, etc. It looks bad for Comodo, and it looks bad for me.

What looks even more terrible is the fact that the Enterprise version is being actively updated with Bug fixing every 2 months or so, while nothing for CIS.

No point in recommending a product that is not updated for 2 years. People will not trust my recommendation, and will not trust the product itself. It is a security product and as such should be updated with vulnerability patching and fixes for Bugs on newer platforms such as Windows 11.

Recommending this not updated CIS, while the Enterprise version is updated monthly, while claiming that 'CIS protects and this is enough, I don't need updates, everything is magical and shine' will make me look like nothing but a fanboy. No offense intended.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:25:42 AM by safemode »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #349 on: August 09, 2022, 12:32:08 PM »
You either believe in the fairy tale that CIS is still being developed and they are working on it and will release more info or a new update "Soon", or you accept it is not being  worked on and the developers have left Comodo or were directed to work on Comodo Client Security. CIS is dead just like all ther other related products, ISE, Secure Shopping, CCE,  Rescue Disk, Online Security Pro web browser extensions. They won't admit it until the very end just like with CCAV, which the only reason they announced it being discontinued was so they could get everyone back to using CAV/CIS. Also Xcitium is only for the business and enterprise markets so no reason to bring that up as it will never be for home users, it is called Xcitium Enterprise Platform for a reason. Advanced Endpoint Protection is a term used to define a type of product for the buisness market. Comodo Client Security is Comodos AEP which in turn is the same as Xcitium AEP.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 12:34:29 PM by futuretech »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek