Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.2.0.82 Released

works for me just fine in Chromium-Edge and latest Chrome on Linux.

I would like to request the option to be able to let it clean/uninstall without making a restore point. It may come in handy when performing tests; you won’t loose system restore points.

Which versions of CIS (oldest to newest) can be uninstalled with it?

Does the uninstaller also work when system restore is disabled? (I never needed the tool. Just to know in case).

I am not completely sure what is meant here but it looks like that you may be able to skip it. In your case you will be informed to create a system restore point. I guess it offers the option to continue after you have been informed to create a system restore point without actually creating one.

That line was a bit unclear to me too.
I think it should work as you say, thanks.

this version of uninstaller is total scheisse. it did uninstall CIS beta 1 but didn’t uninstall .6938 (on which CIS beta 1 “backrolled”) despite several attempts as admin-user (and ofc CIS doesn’t appear on apps or control panel) and won’t bother to enable actual system admin to see if it can get rid off CIS so I’ll install latest CIS on top of .6938.

if you are interested to explai8n why .6938 can’t ne unistalled then I attached uninstaller log.

edit: I take my words bit back (still scheisse) since after 6th or so attempt CIS .6938 got unistalled too with uninstaller (after I attempted to install .7036 which ended on error). fresh uninstaller log attached.

Thank you for attaching the logs.

Did you reboot twice with each attempt trying to uninstall the beta?

i rebooted everytime uninstaller wanted so 6x2=12 boots = 40 mins of time wasted.

as of why uninstalling beta 1 was cause 1 of it’s ■■■■ files was eating nearly 30 Gb of diskspace (known bug and per CNE’s instructions uninstall and reinstall CIS is only fix), beta 1 worked just fine except quite often getting files on Trusted-list was impossible until reboot (bug but doubt it’s fixable).

Downloaded a fresh version today. v3.0.1.55 which went fine and I didn’t have to do the two restarts after cleanup :-TU

Good to know (and store) Thanks Eric

SHA-1 and MD5 sums do not match those of the files

Also the file size of those files don’t match.
Probably the files properties weren’t updated.

They are digitally signed and as long as the certs are okay then you don’t really need to compare file hashes, MD5 is insecure anyways due to being susceptible to collision attacks. Also, Comodo themselves should be the ones announcing when a new version is released.

some oddity on this, it wanted uninstall CIS everytime uninstaller was run due claiming that CIS was installed in program files and there wasn’t any comodo files there.

log attached on other post (CIS not updating) so won’t attach it on this.

SO what is the process here? I ■■■■■■■ myself by not rebooting my system after removing COMODO and before trying to re-install. Files like Cavwp.exe and cmdagent.exe are still in existence and the system won’t let me delete them. And so the re-install keeps telling me that previous CIS files are still on the system and must be removed first. But the computer won’t let me delete them.
So I clicked on somebodies link to Comodo Uninstaller v3.1 etc. and started it. Been running for over an hour, really doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
Is there a text file that lists a step by step procedure? I would like to have COMODO back, but if I can’t get this sorted will have to look at another security software. Have had COMODO for 9 years now and it was a stupid error on my part in trying to remove it .

Hi beemer67,

Sorry for the inconvenience, could you please check inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello,
Boy, I am impressed. Amazing response with specific instructions on how to remove the old COMODO files that was stopping me re-installing the software.

Great support.
Thank you.

Would be helpful if Comodo shared the those instructions for others having similar problems.

Hi,
If you need a tutorial to uninstall Comodo CIS:

:slight_smile:

Agree.