Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.2.0.82 Released

SO what is the process here? I ■■■■■■■ myself by not rebooting my system after removing COMODO and before trying to re-install. Files like Cavwp.exe and cmdagent.exe are still in existence and the system won’t let me delete them. And so the re-install keeps telling me that previous CIS files are still on the system and must be removed first. But the computer won’t let me delete them.
So I clicked on somebodies link to Comodo Uninstaller v3.1 etc. and started it. Been running for over an hour, really doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
Is there a text file that lists a step by step procedure? I would like to have COMODO back, but if I can’t get this sorted will have to look at another security software. Have had COMODO for 9 years now and it was a stupid error on my part in trying to remove it .

Hi beemer67,

Sorry for the inconvenience, could you please check inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello,
Boy, I am impressed. Amazing response with specific instructions on how to remove the old COMODO files that was stopping me re-installing the software.

Great support.
Thank you.

Would be helpful if Comodo shared the those instructions for others having similar problems.

Hi,
If you need a tutorial to uninstall Comodo CIS:

:slight_smile:

Agree.

The OP ran the uninstaller, but developed problems. That tutorial is helpful but doesn’t address potential problem resolutions.

Such as boot Windows into Safe Mode and then run CIS cleanuptool?

Hi all,

FYI: These are the steps to be followed:

1. When CIS/CAV/CFW doesn’t uninstalled properly.
  2. if you cannot uninstall CIS/CFW/CAV from Add/Remove or Uninstall section of Windows.
    Follow these steps:
  3. Boot your pc in safe mode.
  4. go to this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and delete the file cmdguard.sys.
    (Note 1: If the file cmdguard.sys doesn’t located at the above location, go to this location C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security and delete the file cmdguard.sys.)
    (Note 2: IF the file cmdguard.sys doesn’t located at above both location, then follow from below step.)
  5. now boot your pc in normal mode
  6. open task manager and kill the cmdagent.exe process.
    (Note: make sure cmdagent.exe process should not run in task manager.)
  7. now download and run the below ciscleanuptool provided in the below link.
    Ciscleanuptool - Google Drive
  8. This cleanuptool will ask to restart the pc two times, kindly follow it.
  9. once the ciscleanuptool completed, go to location C:\Program Files\ check whether the COMODO folder is deleted or not if not delete it.
  10. Also go to location C:\ProgramData check whether the COMODO folder is deleted or not if not delete it.
  11. delete all the temp files.
  12. restart your pc.
    FYI: Follow the above steps until the latest ciscleanuptool issue fixes…
    The team is working on it.
    We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

@umesh

Does the utility scans all hard drives and maybe even hidden usb drives?

It might be interresting to add such features.

Good work!

Apparently previous installers weren’t that good on cleaning leftovers since found this on Scheduled tasks:

{31DDBD37-5DB7-4030-8064-10B0CAA806C3} File not found: D:\Progs\CIS\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe

No idea what that leftover was supposed to do.

Hi cuser,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know the ciscleanuptool & cis version ?
And if you could reproduce this issue, kindly provide us the steps to reproduce so that we will check in our end.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

It was last year in January when I last time uninstalled and reinstalled CIS.

Used whatever was CIS cleanup tool version at that time (and CIS version (not that there has been version updates since then)).

Don’t think I can reproduce it since don’t have 1.5 years old cleanuptool and no intention to do uninstall and reinstall.

Apparently it was leftover when CIS and Comodo Dragon were in own folders (CIS in CIS and CD in Comodo\Comodo Dragon) and cleanuptool didn’t delete that autostart/scheduling task.

I want to verify, is v3.0.0.41 the last version that can uninstall COMODO v12.2.2.8012?

I tried v3.2.0.82, but it refused to do anything:

...CisCleanupTool2\RegTools.cpp:46	>> Can't open key (SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Esm), error 2
...CisCleanupTool2\CleanupOnline\CisCleanupTool2.cpp:76	>> ITSM Administrator password for Removal tool is not set, skip password verification, exiting...

That’s correct but it’s only needed if .8012 doesn’t uninstall properly. They are updating the Uninstaller tool which will then remove the Hardware Events and Startup entry but you can remove those manually for now by deleting the keys from the registry and reboot.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\COMODO Internet Security CEF

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run (Entry - Comodo Internet Security Installer)

1 Like

I’m using the 3.2.0.84 uninstaller and I’m getting the following

13:38:6 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\RegTools.cpp:259 >> Can’t read string (RemovalSecurity), error 2
13:38:6 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\CleanupOnline\CisCleanupTool2.cpp:76 >> ITSM Administrator password for Removal tool is not set, skip password verification, exiting…

when trying to uninstall V12.10.0.8697 has anyone got any ideas to help, as I can’t seem to push any client updates or anything.

Hi AR_Tech,

That Uninstaller has never worked from the posts I’ve seen and surprised it is still available for download.

If you go back to C.O.M.O.D.O_RT post an older version is available which normally works

FYI: These are the steps to be followed:

1. When CIS/CAV/CFW doesn’t uninstalled properly.
  2. if you cannot uninstall CIS/CFW/CAV from Add/Remove or Uninstall section of Windows.
    Follow these steps:
  3. Boot your pc in safe mode.
  4. go to this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and delete the file cmdguard.sys.
    (Note 1: If the file cmdguard.sys doesn’t located at the above location, go to this location C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security and delete the file cmdguard.sys.)
    (Note 2: IF the file cmdguard.sys doesn’t located at above both location, then follow from below step.)
  5. now boot your pc in normal mode
  6. open task manager and kill the cmdagent.exe process.
    (Note: make sure cmdagent.exe process should not run in task manager.)
  7. now download and run the below ciscleanuptool provided in the below link.
    Ciscleanuptool - Google Drive
  8. This cleanuptool will ask to restart the pc two times, kindly follow it.
  9. once the ciscleanuptool completed, go to location C:\Program Files\ check whether the COMODO folder is deleted or not if not delete it.
  10. Also go to location C:\ProgramData check whether the COMODO folder is deleted or not if not delete it.
  11. delete all the temp files.
  12. restart your pc.
    FYI: Follow the above steps until the latest ciscleanuptool issue fixes

@Citizen_K @EricCryptid
Here are the direct links for the older cleanup tool, it’s better than the employee’s GDrive.

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x86_3.1.0.45.exe
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45.exe

2 Likes

This one works.

But the one in the first message is not working.

“8:30:52 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\RegTools.cpp:46 >> Can’t open key (SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Esm), error 2
8:30:52 C:\Jenkins\workspace\CisCleanupTool2_vs19\CisCleanupTool2\CisCleanupTool2\CleanupOnline\CisCleanupTool2.cpp:76 >> ITSM Administrator password for Removal tool is not set, skip password verification, exiting…”