New Ideas for Comodo IceDragon...

Make it sync with Mozilla Firefox account, and correct the hardware acceleration bug (preferences menu are bugged when enabled) i’ll get rid my current Firefox browser for good.

If Comodo does go with Australis and you find it intolerable, I would suggest PaleMoon. The developer has promised to never subject his users to it.

How about a marketing change.

Such as a name and icon change. How well do you know your mythology? If decently, have you heard of the Phoenix? Obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.

We could use a icon like this, that would go together with CD’s icon, match the colors of CIS icon, and just plain looks better.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s546/The_Wolfpath/30-beautiful-phoenix-artworks3dabstractline-drawings-and-oil-paintigs-1dutcom-23_zps6fafb212.jpg

You would have the firebird “Phoenix”, which in turn reminds of firefox, icon colors that matched, a much cooler looking icon, and a name that well, speaks for itself.

@illumination Why not :wink:

I really think that Illumination is on to something. RUN WITH IT!

It would be nice to see, if IceDragon can plug into Spywareblaster

Because Spywareblaster has lists for I.E and Firefox, However I remember installing Google Chrome for a test, and it used Spywareblaster, with protection lists.

So if Icedragon can plug into Spywareblaster it will be good.

Info here, on Firefox > About Mozilla Firefox

Also here for the Spywareblaster site > http://www.brightfort.com < for info

Thanks

Nige

Like those side bars, but not like its working now, very often i cant use drag copy/paste, because they activate over the text i am typing.

Can i turn that function off, i have bin looking, but cant find it, because as for me the function is more a bother then a help. :-\

If it would activate only 5% or less from the left or right side, i would love it, but now the function covers about 2/3 of the screen, that is just to much, at least for me.

Hi player-x,
Yes you can disable the ‘Comodo Drag&Drop Service’, under extensions.

It might be worth creating a separate wish to have the size of the bars decreased or variable.
Wishlist - CID
Wishlist guideline

Kind regards.

Regular updates would be nice.

:-TU

And now there is Firefox 30. CID is still on vs.26.0.0.2. Come on guys: UPDATE ! :P0l

Momfer please do not double post it is against the forum policy

I understand. But why is there still no update?

I dont know. I have as much info as the rest of the forum members.

How come that you don’t now. Am I on the wrong forum???

Im just a volunteer moderator. i do not work for comodo. comodo has not given me or anyone else information about future releases of CID

If you read under the name of the people, you’ll see that there are different levels in the comodo team.
wasgij6 is a Volunteer Moderator / Global Moderator.
Ask to Melih, he’s the Administrator. :-p

Bookmarks folder icons, bookmarks icons customisation in general taken away :-TD :-TD :-TD

I just did a complete new install of Win 7 Pro x64. CID got installed of course. To my very surprise the addon/option to change bookmarks folder icons has been disabled/made incompatible.

I’m aware that Mozilla lost the plot a long time ago. What I don’t understand is that a company like Comodo just plays along. If I remember right then customisation is what made Firefox popular. What’s left of this nowadays is a bloated, slow and boring piece of c**p.

I would be willing to pay for a fully customisable and fast browser.

ESR based Comodo IceDragon Wish

better support for bookmarklets!
default: javascript:%20alert(“Welcome”);
better: javascript: alert(“Welcome”);

please remove auto encodeURI/URLencode for bookmarklets!