New Ideas for Comodo IceDragon...

Brighter default theme. It’s still too dark.
Lighter colors would be so much better.
IMHO the current default theme prevents users from be able to add Personas.
I want my Persona! :wink: ;D

Firefox 17.0 is out.

The new version fixes an officially-listed 2365 bugs and covers six critical advisories.

Please do not Double Post you have already posted here which is more than enough.

Thank you

Dennis

…ok - sorry…

What CID needs, is a NATIVE 64-BIT version like Waterfox and Pale Moon has.

Since the 64-bit Platform is or has pretty much taken over, and you will see it growing more and more prevalent, a 64-bit native version is only logical! :slight_smile:

I use Comodo products, and would like to use CID as well!

Roger

Just a 64bits version please as rogerg2 said.

A 64-bit version would need a number of provisions:

1.) Ensuring that the speed and security is equal to or greater than that of the 32-bit variant. Many 64-bit browsers suffer from bad programming such as the already-slow Internet Explorer - which only decreases performance and usability.

2.) Making full use of and explaining the inherent benefits 64-bit browsing provides. If there is no clear advantage to the consumer in using this application over another, then the ostensible purpose to make the switch and/or test CID in full 64-bit is null.

Also, a small section devoted to explaining measures that make the browser faster / more secure through about:config settings would be fantastic! No more skimming ad-ridden blogs, only to find varying accounts of what benefits the end user of vanilla Firefox. :smiley:

Waterfox & Pale Moon has accomplished it. But, I would greatly prefer using Comodo Products entirely!

Waterfox felt more reliable when it didn’t function as AVG bloatware. The fact that you have to install it with custom settings to refuse the ‘free’ AVG component is a major kick in the consumer’s nose.

As for Pale Moon, I don’t much care for their sketchy design choices. The dedicated homepage feels more linkbait-rich than even Chrome Stable touts. Soma.FM is great yo, but I don’t need a recommendation for these things on the official starting site… it only adds more clutter and more cold-start time!

But more to the point, I think Comodo should keep things similar to the layout of the 32-bit variant if they ever design a 64-bit CID, meaning:

• No text on the start-up screen declaring CID is running in ‘64 bit mode’. A visual cue on the top left IceDragon logo should suffice (Pale Moon-style)

• No excessive warnings about plug-in incompatibility. Having one specifically on the ‘Add-ons’ page is fine and dandy, but having that warning prompted whenever the client adds some code is very much infuriating

• Try to mention which plug-ins have a 64-bit counterpart. A short prompt for Flash, Java, Silverlight, and other known services would be fantastic.

All this is definitely nit-picking, but even those little, streamlining details are vastly appreciated by the end user. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. :slight_smile:

portable version of ICeDragon will be helpful :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hi drongo,
Portable IceDragon is already available, select during install. :wink:
Note this can be used along side the installed version.
Install instructions step 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks. I have tried. It isn’t my cap of tea :slight_smile: Ping is much bigger then my current pal-moon with dozens of add-ons…And status bar is not as I like.I like that links address will show up inside the status bar and not above…

i have both FF 18.0.1 and firefox nightly v21 x64, 32bit version continuously stops responding as i open more than 20 tabs and uses high amount of memory but nighlty 64bit version works nice and smooth and almost never hung up because of too many open tab! nightly 64bit is my default browser now and i’m using it more than any other browsers installed

a stable and well programmed 64bit browser is a huge gap in current browsers market which comodo can fill it!

How can He’s Just IceDragon x64?

Back to the basics, easy to use, intuitive, secure browser with options to turn off anything in one click, as Mozilla Firefox was before.

With menu (File, Edit, Bookmarks, Tools) visible at once (optional to make as it is now), bookmarks remembering the last folders used instead of Unsorted bookmarks; Status Bar, no videos’ auto-play and auto-load without permission, with animations turnable off, don’t remember history option and clear all after closing FF.

No disappearing buttons after update, not need to fight with fonts from inside of the files and finding how to do that, no default enabling peer-to-peer and WebRTC with no option to disable them in one click, no Facebook and other social media buttons (or optional).

Basic browser, secure for transactions.

I made a more detailed post here: https://forums.comodo.com/which-product-do-you-want-comodo-to-develop-next/better-alternative-to-firefox-bowser-t96365.0.html.

Thank you.

I would be quite happy if Comodo were to track the Extended Support Release version of Firefox instead of the bleeding edge consumer version. See Get Firefox for your enterprise with ESR and Rapid Release

A comodo version of these two built into password manager would be good.

[attachment deleted by admin]

how about sync funtion? It is necessary in this era in my opinion.

Firefox is changing their browser to a chrome-clone (looks just like chrome) and will not be as customizable as it used to be. Will CID be changing to Australis also?
ghacks_net has the story and pictures of what is coming.

Please don’t change to Australis!! Hate it!!