New Dragon theme's v3.0, Windows Aero Included.

Btw I talked with LightStep, the dragon logo will likely be made transparent in the next dragon release. :slight_smile:

:-TU

awesome. don’t know why that makes me so happy but it bugs me the way it currently has the white background around the logo

Updated Main post :slight_smile:

Update:
There is currently a bug in the red theme’s that prevents links from showing up… working a color change for that.

Fixed :slight_smile:

Links re-attched.

:-TU :-TU :-TU

Thank you for the effort you put into creating these, i only started using them a few days ago V 2.9 and came back to thank you to find V3.0 released.

I am using the Windows Aero and there is a vast improvement in the bookmark bar font with V3.0 :-TU

Thanks once again

Your welcome :slight_smile:

I came across this problem, on the image.

It happens when I open a tab and when I click on links within a tab, loading the next page.

It must be because I got the “Package is invalid: 'CRX_FILE_NOT_READABLE” thing, and had to do it the long way around.

It also, made the minimize, full screen, and close buttons disappear. I can’t even click on those areas because nothing happens. Just wanted to clear that out.

Edit: It has to be because of the work-around, but I don’t know why I obtain that CRX error.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats rather interesting, but you are correct it is due to “CRX_FILE_NOT_READABLE”, now question is does that keep happening?

If it does. Go to: dragon://settings/personal and reset to default, then install the theme again. As for the CRX error, it is a bug with other theme’s also… not something i can fix personaly… how ever there is a workaround for installing a theme, should that error happen.

I haven’t done the Reset to Default, as the problem stopped occurring.

Yes, I used the long way, which is the workaround, to get it to work.
On ChromePlus!, I just slide the CRX to the browser and it prompts to install, no problems installing.
On Dragon, I do the same but, after prompted, it gives me that error.

Also, I got that error trying the ABP Experimental version, so it’s something in Dragon that won’t allow me to drag CRX files to install directly?

I belive you are correct that it maybe something related to dragon… probably a error/bug due to dragon using old chrome UI, and the chrome engine supporting the newer UI. Probably wrong… but I also notice that double clicking on the CRX files here, gives me error’s most of the time… there maybe a pattern to this.

I think I am following what has been said so far, but I don’t understand why Comodo will not use the same theme criteria that Google does and allow theme creators to make themes that work–without modification–in both Chrome and Dragon. I have studied the basic programming and criteria that is involved in setting theme attributes and I really do not see anything there that could possibly constitute a threat to security. Perhaps I am just missing something that Comodo sees, but if so, I would really like to know what it is.

I am new to these forums, so I apologize if I use a format that is incorrect or step on anyone’s toes.

After reading your entire post and thread, I don’t think I saw a single post in this thread from anyone at Comodo, unless you work for Comodo, OmeletGuy. Why hasn’t anyone who is actually involved in the programming had anything to say about why you are having to make these work-arounds? IMO, they should have responded to that.

No I don’t work for Comodo, but it should be said these workarounds also applied Chrome (depending on the version), as the tool I use to make the theme is for Chrome. The problem comes from Chrome using a newer UI, and Dragon using a older UI… Makes some options incompatible :frowning:

Hi there, really like the look of these themes :o unfortunately Im having difficulties installing ???.
I have downloaded an unzipped but get a windows message-cant open files of this type, then still cant open after searching online…pls assist
thanx MW

I couldn’t get it to work either, right off-the-bat, so I had to do the workaround.

You right-click the file and select properties, change the file’s format from .crx to .zip. After you make it .zip, extract the folder. From here, you just go to the extensions section on Comodo and you click “Developer mode.” In Developer mode, select “Load unpacked extension…,” and find the folder. Done.

Yes, it’s a lot but it really is easier when you get used to it.
Note: There’s a glitch where the icons (minimize, maximize, and Exit) don’t work, and glitches show with the old Windows 97 layout when opening new tabs, so just restart Dragon and it will be fixed from then on.

Hi Megamix thanx will try it out ill let you know how i get on :slight_smile:

At risk of asking an obvious question ahem…what is the path i need to follow after opening properties im having trouble changing the format
Thanx for your time
MW

When you open Properties you see something like “WindowsAero.crx” just make it “WindowsAero.zip” and the icon changes to a zipped folder.

More deep-down is this:
Open any folder > press ALT and select Tools/Folder Options > View Tab > Uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types.”

After that, you can change the format to .zip and extract the folder. Once extracted, you can check that option again and carry on like nothing happened.

Hmm ok reformatted using winzip, once in developer mode upon selecting the new zipped file i get an extension error…could not load due to missing/damaged manifest, v frustrating thinking i may have to stick with chromes brushed theme…boring lol
Thanx for your help up to now

Or simply after having downloaded the zip folder, and extracting it, put the address of the theme file you want to use in the Dragon Address box. That will make dragon download it and install it.