New CIS 2024 is coming!

That’s only one bug fix out of the remaining 44 public bugs and out of Comodo’s numerous internal bugs on a hidden list…

Why don’t they respond on the “List of current bugs” questions?
Why don’t they provide an ETA for new CIS release?
Why don’t they even release a early Beta version?
And why don’t they come with a roadmap on Xcitium forum?
Answer, simply because nothing is happening in Comodo’s kitchen as it seems.

1 Like

they are keep fixing bugs

1 Like

The news that the new CIS 2024 is approaching excites me! Let’s take a moment to talk about what we can anticipate from this update and how it can affect our lives and industries as we excitedly await its arrival.

The development of standards, benchmarks, and best practices for strengthening the security and resilience of information systems has been spearheaded by the CIS (Center for Internet Security). They work to address new technology developments and cyber dangers with each new edition.

As my knowledge only goes through September 2021, I don’t have access to precise information regarding the CIS 2024 update, but I can make some educated guesses about some likely areas that might see changes or improvements:
New Threat Landscape: Due to the ongoing evolution of the cyber threat landscape, CIS 2024 is likely to include measures to address new and complex threats like AI-driven attacks, vulnerabilities connected to quantum computing, and newly discovered malware strains.

Cloud Security: As more businesses move to cloud environments, CIS may concentrate on offering thorough cloud security recommendations to meet the particular problems presented by the cloud computing paradigm.

Security for the Internet of Things (IoT): As IoT devices continue to expand in our homes and workplaces, the CIS might place an emphasis on IoT security standards and best practices to prevent future intrusions.
Privacy and data protection: Due to the rising concerns around data privacy, CIS 2024 may include revised recommendations for protecting the security of confidential data and observance of data protection laws.

Collaboration and Integration: To improve threat detection, incident response, and overall cybersecurity posture, recommendations for improved integration between security tools and platforms may be made.

User Education and Awareness: Due to the relevance of human aspects in cybersecurity, the CIS may emphasize the significance of ongoing user education and awareness programs in order to thwart social engineering assaults.

Security of the Supply Chain: As the supply chain grows increasingly linked and complicated, CIS 2024 may offer suggestions for reducing risks and securing vital components.

Keep in mind that the implementation of CIS 2024 will be successful if we are willing to adopt and modify these new rules. It’s critical for both businesses and people to stay up to date on the developments and to take the suggested security precautions seriously.

2 Likes

@CISfan you are rude to Xcitium/Comodo just wait for CIS 2024

@Melih CISfan is being rude to Xcitium he wants CIS 2024 right now

At this point, these forums and its moderators have no official release date for CIS 2024, nor do we have a beta release.

The latest information we have is two posts by Melih:

On June 11th, 2023:

On July 10th, 2023:

I have no special information because I do not work for Comodo or Xcitium.
Us moderators tend to have similar concerns and frustrations with Comodo as most other users.
We wish that CIS 2024 would be released already.

So, to everyone posting in this thread…
It does no good to incessantly complain.
It also does not help to bicker with another forum member.
It is certainly okay to voice your concerns and frustrations, but please be civil, avoid personal attacks, and avoid posting the same issues over and over.

The bottom line is…Comodo will release CIS 2024 when it is ready to be released.
I continue to hope it releases (at least in beta form) very soon.

2 Likes

What is incompatible? I’m on W10.

Been running this for ages and it works great. Hopefully that will continue to be the case. :slight_smile:

It does not work for me the way it has to work and am not using 12.2.2.8012 anymore for a long time…
I don’t want a security tool on my Windows system that messes up Windows registry.

The beta version could have been released a long time ago.

1 Like

its 12.2.4.8032 now CIS Premium

12.2.4.8032 has exactly the same issue as 12.2.2.8012, it messes up Windows registry the way I use it.
Am not using 12.2.4.8032 either for a long time…

then use CIS 2024 when it comes soon

No I will not use it, unless CIS 2024 Release Notes confirms the bug fixes of the “List of current bugs” then I’m willing to try and use it. I’ve wasted too much time on CIS and on this forum…

so you are planing to move on and switch to Kaspersky or something like this

We were basically forced to do so, since no one with a slight knowledge about softwares and threats would continue using an outdated security software with no certified compatibility with Windows 11 and no support from the software house who created it. Exaclty like you would never use an outdated browser to surf the internet or an outdated OS or, talking about security, an outdated firmware on a security device. Any outdated software is likely full of bugs which are actively exploited.
You talked about Kaspersky. If you aren’t willing to use Kaspersky for any reason, Bitdefender offers a great alternative. With a free version as well.
The software is patched every few weeks and it has a quick email customer support for the free version as well.
This is just to say how a security software house shoud work.

i am using Xcitium so i dont have any of these bugs

Something is unbelievable. Or are You “the chosen one”?

@Melih
The translation stay by community or will be internal?

i ask this question because i’m the french translator.

What about the future of the free Firewall as stand allone App, the topic nobody at Comodo wants to talk about?