New CIS 2024 is coming!

yes indeed :slight_smile:

Hi, Melih, time is approaching the end of the first quarter, any good news for the NEW CIS? :wink:

guys are working on it.

Hi,

Make sure HIPS is enabled by default in the new version. And the “Downloads” folder is removed from “Do not virtualize access to …”. Under “Container Settings”

I turn this item off.

2 Likes

This looks excellent! Please keep the HIPS system intact as it is a critical part of how I manage my systems.

Also, please allow for the configuration of the Firewall/HIPS without the antivirus enabled and with out the constant and irritating notifications. I do not allow realtime scanners on my systems and scan when needed.

The current version of CIS does not allow selection of just the firewall during installation, so I’ve had to revert to an older version of CIS(12.2.2.8012) to maintain my current desired configuration.

Still, this looks interesting and exciting, just don’t take anything away and restore the ability to select what components we want installed.
Thank You!

1 Like

Hi ZedRM,

You can manage the setting here.
FYI: CIS v12.2.4.8032 is a pro version. if you would like use free version of CIS/CAV/CFW kindly refer the below link.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hmm.

Soon personal antivirus will become obsolete.

In the very past in order to use a computer, his user was more smart than today.
Today are only smart computer with their so many dumb users, so how do you tackle that ?!

As comodo’s sandbox was the only real protection and the very best protection for 0-day ■■■■ invented by sick derailed minds…but now is time to look into the near future…

Mr. Melih i will give you (another) free advice as a thanks for the free cis, and i do know your person is most interest in my posts… so as to prepare your company for the very soon future regarding protection of the so many dumb users and their expensive mc’s.

a. ASAP convoke a meeting between closed doors with your top software engineers.
b. make the comodo company have direct integration and 24 hours support into/with the internet providers directly, as the main reason to directly integrate comodo protection from/into net providers.
As by doing so comodo will it have access to hundreds of millions of smart devices, and again by doing so… comodo trough direct internet providers… will protect it’s dumb users.
c. the personal software will become only a simple sandboxed/firewall/basic protection feature since the hard tasks will be done by internet providers trough comodo integration.

Doing this comodo will become the pioneer and by doing this comodo will have access to hundreds of millions possible billions of smart devices!

can’t write all the details here, too much of them and i don’t have spare time. still Mr. Melih will get the idea about what i am talking about

Question:
I mostly use CIS for the Firewall+HIPS.

Will these functions be retained AND/OR improved upon and not dumbed down (streamlined, made more accessible, easier, or other words to describe removal of power user features)?

seriously Mellih, what is the release date expected for cis 2024? Im in brazil. What count do I need to do to know the answer? You said it will be released in the summer but summer where in the globe? so I can do the calculations here… :slight_smile:

Asked and answered, summer in the northern hemisphere. Have patience.

im having patience for about 2 years…

so, June, July, and August are the months to come back here…

i dont know why to wait more as it seems the new release is already done…

I don’t know how you’ve come to the conclusion that the release is done. Those screen shots are from years ago. They’re also only the UI which says nothing about code changes.

You’ve been given a time frame and until we’ve reached that, there’s no reason to keep asking about it.

mellih words made the idea that things are far more advanced than you think…

They said it would be out before the summer. So we are waiting in March-April-May.

What words are those? He hasn’t gone into great detail about anything.

Absolutely NOT. The User Interface is disgusting. There is nothing wrong with the current interface, and it’s very intuitive. Although the only issue I have with the current design is a BUG that has never been fixed where the cells expand forever rather than terminating at the end of the text.

Why don’t you folks just focus on the BUGS rather than pushing out a new user interface which is just aweful? Functionality and security is greater than looks, and the classical interface is more than efficient. It’s like telling some of us that women look better in makeup, and some people like women who overdo the makeup. Ewww. And this new user interface is that woman who overdoes an already overdone, overdone makeup. It’s like 50 layers of awfulness with a side of vomit. I’ll run to the hills and deep woods where I can find women with no makeup, ewww makeup.

Outpost Security Suite Pro had by far the best platform and interface, aside from Sygate, and today’s Windows Firewall Control (6.9.2.0).

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with offering different skins as long as the underlying features we all love in CIS (Like Firewall and HIPS with verbose text and functionality) is retained.

That said, I’d probably use the current normal CIS skin compared to the 2024 colourful version simply because it seems like it will “simplify” the use (i.e. give less information).

I could go on to say that CIS is the best security application I’ve used for a long time. And these days there doesn’t even seem to be any alternatives to it that I know of.

2 Likes

I confirm on my side ! :+1:

3 Likes

if it only was completely compatible with windows 10 and 11…

This is really good too see that you are keeping alive one of the best products that was ever designed, as long as you keep the old features(HIPS, Sandbox, Firewall) as they are now and have an option to switch to other themes for people that will prefer different looks. Also focus on bug fixing first and then improving the AV module. A beta test for limited people would also be a great idea before it goes to final release.
Keep up the good work i will surely use the new version and tested it :slight_smile:

2 Likes