[merged]Chrome XY Released~can't wait for new CD! Speculations and lamentations

I guess in few days…

I am waiting as well…but the CD developers know this by now! LOL

Sort of new to this browser, running v26.2.2.0.

I noticed Chrome browser released a version 27 a week or two ago; how soon after a new Chrome release does a Comodo version typically follow - days? weeks? months?

Hi and welcome emarell,
Generally about one to two weeks, but it does vary.

Thanks - good to know.

You are welcome.

I honestly don’t know what takes CD developers so long to collate a new release. The framework should already be in place and only need a final tie-up. I have a fiance in IT and he agreed with me on this. I am not a developer but that is my educated opinion.

IMO there would/could be numerous reasons for the variation that are most likely unforeseen to us users.
I think there is more to Dragon than we all care to realise.
Also finding the happy balance between speed and bug free is difficult to keep the majority of users happy.
IMO the Devs do a grand job and if I was not happy I would use alternatives.

I have seen releases happen overnight when a current release is broken in someway, but when it is not broken why rush it through with the heightened risk of errors occurring?

Google Chrome 28 beta was released.
It has changed Webkit to Blink.
Doesn’t ComodoDoragon Beta plan [ using “Blink” ] to take out??

Comodo Dragon ver 27.0 is now available for download

Why wait?

Comodo Dragon ver 27.0 is now available for download

I merged your topic with an existing topic.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9239795/Google_Chrome_bags_a_rare_critical_vulnerability_fix

Will a patched version be released soon?

Merged similar topics

I think that answers your question.

Come out Comodo Dragon 27.2 your site when the official version?

Thank you very much.

“Chrome 27.0.1453.116”

[attachment deleted by admin]

Since reading this article Chrome 28 Blinks | Computerworld I am eagerly awaiting the Comodo Dragon version. As usual I hope it’s released in a timely manner. ;D

…a real pain in the ■■■ 88)

Comodo Dragon 28.0 when the official version?

Thank you very much.

“Chrome 28.0.1500.71”

[attachment deleted by admin]

…don’t rush these guys, especially with a major release number, & especially especially when it’s a whole new layout rendering engine transition - there’s a LOT of code to examine - you want the best likelihood that it’ll be good don’tcha?..