Memory Firewall developement

You typed… boclean doesn’t provide you any extra security…
I typed… why…

You typed… blah blah blah
I typed… what? where is the answer…
you typed… blah blah blah

(sorry for the tongue in cheek approach…) :slight_smile:

You will NOT be able to back up your statement, cos your statement is wrong and your inability to provide evidence to your statement is the ultimate proof.

Melih

From what i read RejZor thinks BOClean should be introduced into CIS completely,i.e. no stand-alone version because in his opinion it doesn`t add extra value to (insert name) anti-virus application.
Others may disagree

Whereas "Comodo memory firewall" is a completely differant vector for attack protection application and is therefore unique in what it does. Choice is the key here,it may be some want to use x for this y for that,cmf for buffer overflow detection.

Any comments on BOClean should from this point on be posted in the appropriate part of the forum :P0l

Matt

Melih, you’re reading stuff, but you’re not understanding it. Matty_R is the first here who actually understood what i wrote there. Two freakin forum pages requred for that. Gee, i wonder how you ppl even manage to fix bugs from user feedback, if you can’t understand the most basic stuff…

Rejzor, I hope you’re done with that, yes? Please pipe down or I’ll regretfully start moving posts to the Forum Policy Violation board.

RejZoR, I’m sure (or at least I hope) that you have Comodo’s best interests in mind, but there’s no need to get quite so agitated!

You mentioned BOClean being apparently useless as standalone, and Melih wanted to know why you thought that. I’m sure everyone understands that this is a CMF thread, but it was just a simple question, which you haven’t yet answered :wink:

Unless I’m missing something here? Please don’t flame me if I’m wrong, it’s not deliberate 88)

Lol, whatever man, why do i even bother.

and he will never answer… cos he can’t!..
whinge, complain, pretend you are agiteted…
but answer? No you can’t!!! :slight_smile:

Melih

Ohhh God, are some comodo user’s talking talking to a brick wall?

I guess yes!

Melih, what’s the problem?

RejZoR doesn’t sad that BOClean is a bad program, he only sad that BOClean doesn’t provide any extra security to him.

Come back!

What’s the topic tittle?

Oh, Memory Firewall developement, yes!

And what are the comodo user’s requesting?

That comodo continues the development of the stand alone version, together with the version built in CIS!

Why?

Because we can choose antivirus X, antispyware Y, firewall Z, and use the standlone version of CMF.

Is it too much?

Well, if so, provide an option built in the installer of CIS to install only AV, only FW, only CMF or all together!

All that comodo user’s want is free of choice!

Joker:

pls read what I wrote.

You cannot claim to use AV and then claim BOclean doesn’t provide additional protection to your AV. Its just pure wrong. Anyone who claims that doesn’t realise that AV’s can not unpack 100% (you have to understand how things work to fully appreciate that statement).

So when rejzor claimed that, i kindly asked him to explain and backup his statement with explanation. He has skillfully avoided to answer cos we all know he can’t answer it. So unless you can answer it on his behalf we will wait for him to answer it.

thanks
Melih

I agree with you on that!

Who gives a shit about BOClean!!!?!!! I was talking aboout Memory Firewall and this is Memory Firewall section. Geee. :o 88)

I’m like: And i was talking about…
And Melih is like: We rock, blablablablabla…

Perform a reality check and stop living in freakin clouds. Seriously.
This is begining to look like a really bad joke.

RejZor,

Can you please stop this, You started talking about BOClean see your first post.
This addition was completely unnessesary in this post, It does not contribute to your opinion that you would like to keep CMF as a stand-alone.

We can’t discuss if BOClean serve or not any real purpose as stand alone (I guess yes), because this is RejZor’s opinion, only his opinion, and every one has yours, right?

The subject of the topic is the developement of Memory Firewall as a standalone tool. Can we discuss it?

I too can see the BIG advantage of having CMF standalone…
Mainly bc as RajZor pointed out its RARE, and could compliment a lot of security setups for a lot of people, its something Norton users probably would use, kasp users also and… pretty much everyone yet to find out of CIS could benefit from it as standalone I think.

Its better that users uses some parts of CIS than no CIS at all? they will still find out about COMODO that way… =)
If they uses CMF and find it too be good then later maby they will find out of the other stuff too…
Thats how I started… With the firewall… :-TU :slight_smile: Found out it was good and now Iam using FULL CIS… And also full Comodo System Cleaner… :-TU Both top notch products! :slight_smile:

Maby in the future I will get a SSL certificate as Iam into Web development and could see it as a big bonus and need for a safer login system.

Anyway I support comodo either way… I will still be protected, being a full CIS user and all… :slight_smile: :smiley:

So, whats up? Will stand alone CMF continue its developement or not? I have no intention to install CIS just because i want BO protection feature.

What’s all this hype with the Memory Firewall thing?

Are there are independent tests showing it’s efficienceness?

No, because no-one tests against it. But there are enough Buffer Overflows in the wild that it protects you against it, you could try to Comodo Buffer overflow test if you want :slight_smile:

Xan

According to Panic it works…
https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/how_comodo_memory_guardian_exposed_shoddy_programming-t11398.0.html

That some real testing… And a new application… Proving that it catches the technique and is not definition based… =) Just like D+… =)

Also https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews/result_of_real_world_exploit_test_comodo_memory_firewall_worked-t18683.0.html check that… =)

There are various other reports that it works also… As Xan said it catches all 3 techniques in Comodo Buffer overflow test… (comodos tests has a good reputation for being unbiased and being real world relevant.)

If memory serves me well, not so long ago, I believe Secunia made a few tests to see which security suites would provide best protection against all types of exploits. Buffer overflow is an exploit.

I don’t know if the vendors had to pay for the tests or not, but, perhaps COMODO could get in touch with them and ask?

An independent test will give more piece of mind to people, rather than the vendor itself claiming it protects and providing their own tests.

Please, be aware that I’m not saying that the Memory Firewall won’t protect or that the COMODO’s test you mention is biased. But, reality is people won’t just take the word from a vendor, even if a free product.

Just a consideration.

Secunia searches for leaks within the Programs, which are mostly Buffer overflows. That’s why you need buffer overflow prevention !

Please, be aware that I'm not saying that the Memory Firewall won't protect or that the COMODO's test you mention is biased. But, reality is people won't just take the word from a vendor, even if a free product.
Here's a pic of CMF in action against the Winamp leak

http://i44.tinypic.com/2n6eyoi.jpg

Xan