Matousec Firewall Test Results - Latest Nov 2007

@ Coolio10
Please read (nearly) your own lips and tell me, if it makes sense.

Begin:
Comodo made a decision to make Comodo Firewall Free but how long can it last?
Most Comodo Firewall Free users were previously Sygate Free / ZA Free / Outpost Free / Jetico Free or whatever users. So what makes them think it will bring in more money when the user was previously using a freeware. I bet this is more of a marketing act. Get everyone to use it and love it and then make it pay ware so everyone will want to continue.
If you have only used Freeware Firewalls then truthfully answer this question…Would you buy Comodo Firewall if it went fully pay ware or would you crawl to the next best thing.
End.
Humph? Good grief!

Do you think Comodo is a nonprofit organization?
Both, Comodo and Tall Emu have their own motivation and both know were profit comes from.

“And tell me in what ways is online armor superior to cpf3?”
No, I’m sorry, because if I do, you’re that kind of guy who’s immediately downloading OA Free, installing it and swears to everyone, that everything else is real bad. So in the name of the humanity: No!

BTW I’m a Sygate Free user and will switch to Vista in medium-term.
So I’m looking out for a Vista compatible PF, testing this or that and trying to get used to my favorites, maybe Comodo, maybe OA Free, maybe whatever, who cares?

Cheers

Ok people please don’t start a full scale flamewar
http://fc01.deviantart.com/images2/i/2004/08/3/a/Nazi_Smiley.gif

MikeNash released a full statement on Online armor Free on their Support forum. If you need more information please subscribe to their forum and ask them.

In every topic please try to stick to the facts. If you want to express a personal opinion please state so (use [abbr=In My Opinion]IMO[/abbr] or anything appropriate)

If you are willing to address an unbiased detailed discussion on OA features please create a new topic in Computer Firewalls

LOL LOL LOL. I do not see the reason for changing online armor with comodo.

Comodo is a huge ssl certificate provider which provides other services which provide profit.

Tellemu is a small company that makes 1 product. So the only profit they can make is from that 1 product.

I have already tried online armor and it had incompatibilities with my games and when i tried to install ubcd4win, online armor caused a poweroff. Yes, i said poweroff not bsod. As soon as online armor was disabled i could install it correctly. People keep saying how online armor is superior in leak testing compared to comodo because it scored several more tests but it was actually only 2 tests which it failed because of 1 default setting.

This is gonna be like the comparison of kaspersky and nod32. They are both amazing av’s but some are better than others at certain things.

What makes me mad is when people post unhelpful criticism.

Hi Osage!

This was more than enough misinformation.

1. OA Free includes HIPS.
  2. OA Free WILL BE UPGRADED IN FUTURE.
  3. OA Free will get better help files, see above.
  4. I only care about OA Free, like I care about Comodo Free.

Cheers

“Reared on a diet of prejudice and mis-information”
The BeatEn Generation, The The

Sure you can hate a product but not without a reason or trying first. I noticed a lot of online armor users curse me for saying the word comodo now. I admit i am a comodo bragger but i never insult a firewall.

Took this long for someone to post this? Should have been done alot earlier.

Some posters got their panties on too tight, Online Armor must have ruffled a few feathers.
Woke up one day and realised that Matousec doesn’t have their famed firewall ranked #1, oh my boo-friggin-hoo what will we ever do, what a F’kn joke.
A little competition never hurt but reading through this thread who would have ever thought that?
Oh yeah I know, once CPF v3 is released Online Armor and OutPost will have to catch up 88)
More childish bullsh#t, especially coming from the head man of CPF himself, “playing catch up”, LOL thats weak.
For the record I use both OA and CPF on seperate PC’s but I wont and dont play favorites, no reason to do it, I’m not a fanboy of either they are both good products.
If you dont like a program whether its a firewall or AV or whatever then dont use it, but if you criticize a program then you can ■■■■ sure expect it to come back your way.

Hey Dude!

We are creating the curve!
We are leading the market!
Be grateful that we are spending our money to push the bar for everyone so that your PC will be more secure no matter whose product you use because we spent the money to increase the bar!
I never critised any other firewall as I don’t use them, I only know ours is ■■■■ good!

So chill out will you, and enjoy the good work our dev guys are doing!

And please Read my Lips, “the market as a whole will play catch up”! (fyi i never singled out any company) Whether you think this is childsh or its our prediction you just have stop from pre-judging and wait to see what we mean!!! Actually, they might not even catch us up after all , Its either bullst or good prediction! let time be the judge and by all means, if it turns out to be a bullst, i will be more than happy for you to remind me if/when the time comes! deal?

On a serious note, the point you are missing is: We are determined to change the way End User Security works (doesn’t work). So we have been and continue to be creating the curve with our innovation!

I hope you take the above in a good sipirit as I don’t mean any disrespect.

Melih

Thanks Melih,

The big advantage to having not only a leader but also one which pushes the concepts and boundaries as Comodo does, is that all the others have to try harder. This happens in sport a lot: one person excels for a long time and all the others raise their game to overcome the new challenge.

Comodo is currently the leader in its field; not necessarily the best in all aspects (useability and idiot-proofing being two critical aspects for success) but it is exercising the other companies and that can only be good for the unwashed masses (us lot!).

Peter.

Lol, got melih fired up. :slight_smile:

This isn’t true. Where did you hear and/or see this ?

3. By online armor's own admission, their help files are a totally neglected part of their firewall. So if you need help, you must basically post in their forums and wait. Online armor does intend to get better help files, but see the above no upgrades for the free version.

They’re workin on it. Some other more important issues that they are ironing out I think. Its really not that hard to learn about the features when you start with the free version.

Melih can you kick out all these online armor users? They have already taken over the wilderssecurity forum, do not let them take the comodo forums :THNK.

I cannot even say the word comodo anymore at wilders without getting an insulting reply (:AGY).

good luck to them all.

We are an all inclusive community. If they like other firewall, then thats fine. We march on innovating and creating curve :wink:

Melih

Good grief. I think sometimes computer users/techies/geeks are too long attached to the electrons in their computers. The computer world is on a timeline (the REAL one!). Get out, take in some air. Personally I like to golf–it brings one back down to earth when you can’t get that little white ball to go where you want it to!

:THNK

I didnt take your post as disrespect, even if you did I wouldn’t lose any sleep over, not like I know you from a personal stand point.
You say whats on your mind and I say whats on my mind and move on.
Like I said I use both programs on different PC’s so I dont hold the favorite card to either of them, I like them both.

I see I have ignited a flame war without intending to. I did research the Online armor forums and those were my dominant impressions. I now see that there are updates planned for the online armor free and I will retract that statement.

I certainly consider online armor as a viable alternative but at present will stick with comodo to see how version 3 behaves.

I like to play around with comodo 2.4 as well as Online Armor. Am even going through the trouble to try and set up a couple different enviroments with multiple partitions using several what I consider to be top class applications. Coolio, I just think your lettin Fanboyism get the best of ya. I’m not Biased either way. :■■■■

Hi,

I recognized Coolio10 is no longer at war.
So is it save now to come to light? …Sure? …Good.

Osage, there was no flame war at all, false alarm.
Maybe some lack of basic research, that’s all.
There is only one Announcement about Comodo in OA Forum, no single reply.
Maybe that’s a real reason for a flame war ;D

It’s always good for common identity to have an object of hate.
I would never spread misinformation about Comodo within the (for example) Kaspersky forum, because I’m no corporate tool and no genuine fool.

So bye till the final CPF 3 release.

Cheers

Lost my helmet :D.

This is why I trust to all Comodo’s techies like you Melih and Egemen you truly do care about the security and usability,and not to mention it’s all free for life-people should really respect that. All of the people I know truly respect Comodo.I only hope that when Comodo becomes a leader in computer firewall industry(and I strongly believe it will) Comodo will not become bloatware.

And I also hope,Melih and Egemen will not dissapont us the users of this magnificent firewall…

I had got curiosity, and i tested OA free. I was running OA free 20 minutes (:TNG), and came back COMODO 2.4 fastly ,hehehe. I like more COMODO, but if there is people like more OA, all right, be happy.
I’m very impatient, because i “need” v3,haha. I can’t use betas. My PC is a production machine

Time for curiosities…hm?

Once I installed Comodo 2.4 and everything seemed ok, but suddenly CPF crashed without reason and warning, so to say deserted and all network traffic was running free.

Panic stricken I uninstalled CPF to install something stable. :o

Cheers

“With friends like me who needs enemies”
My 16th Apology - Shakespear’s Sister

Even when CFP crash, you are protected. The core of CFP are it’s drivers and cmdagent.exe. The cfp.exe is only the guide. The traffic continue to be filtered according to your rules and anything that was not included in those rules is simply rejected.

“Half knowledge is worse than ignorance.” - Thomas B. Macaulay

:■■■■

Panagiotis

Just curious when the next Matousec tests will be. I can’t wait to see CFP 3 reviewed. ;D