Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus

Hi Kishor

Sorry, but I think you must have mistaken me for someone else. Until a few minutes ago, I didn’t know this topic existed. On my system CAVS is currently disabled, waiting for the new Beta. Do you want me to test RemoveReg.exe?

Hi Kail
I am sorry Kail. Actually this message is for Rick.

Hi Rick/konrad,

Did you get any success/error message after running this ‘RemoveReg.exe’? What are the files still present there in “Comodo ANtiVirus” folder?

regards
Kishor

Hello,
Forgive me if I have missed something as I am new here. I am having the same problem with being able to uninstall this program! When I could find no other way, I resorted to deleting things piece by piece along with a host of registry programs that should have helped. No matter what is done, this CAV continues to hamper Winxp’s startup, running and sometime’s shutdown! I may have missed it but is there any solution to this yet? Any help would be great!! Thanks

CAVS, like most other AV products that scan incoming and outgoing emails, adds several LSPs to the Windows IP stack. These can be remmoved by running lspfix.exe. This is available from cexx.org.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

“in the meantime generating disk errors 32MB of 321 file fragmentsn in four folders”

Did CHKDSK say these were “Bad Sectors” or “Bad Clusters” or what was that exactly.

cheers, rotty

Hello panic,
Thanks for the thoughts on my problem! I use ISPFIX once in awhile but have not thought to use it for this. When I get a moment I will see if it helps. Thanks Again!

OK…so have we given up on being able to uninstall CAV? I don’t see any different ideas from anybody and nothing posted so far has worked. I keep reading Comodo is developing their own installer/uninstaller. Does this mean my only recourse is going to be…reinstall something I couldn’t get rid of again…then hoping their uninstaller gets rid of all traces of the new version and beta version? This is becoming exceedingly annoying, to say the least.

I have to agree with all the problems. I was unable to un-install the CAVS no matter what I did. I had to do a total system restore to resolve the issue. Sorry to say the is one H**L of a way to get rid of a program that is supposed to be with such a quality company.

Hi Rick,

Comodo is a high quality company (imho), look at their firewall! It is un-matched by user simplicity and protection! As I had told you many times, there are issues with the current beta, a lot with installing and uninstalling, this is due to the InstallShield installer software, Comodo made their own installer to fix this problem with the firewall, and I am sure they will do it with the antivirus as well.

For those who may not understand what a Beta may be here is the definition of Beta Software that I have found.

Before a commercial software program is released to the public, it usually goes through a “beta” phase. During this stage, the software is tested for bugs, crashes, errors, inconsistencies, and any other problems. Though beta versions of software used to be made available only to developers, they are now sometimes made available for the general public to test, usually through the software company’s Web site. However, because beta software is free, the programs usually expire after a period of time. If you choose to test a beta software program, don’t be surprised if it has multiple problems and causes your computer to repeatedly crash. After all, it is the beta version.

Indeed COMODO does deserve some slack with their beta.

My question is more out of interest (-:, as i had a situation that has alot todo with my question, it sounds similar (Not with COMODO products, but another product).

cheers, rotty

Hey justin1278,

I was going to post some comments regarding this "software" on behalf of myself and my Co. but that will have to wait for now.  Let me start by saying -- rick24, we feel your PAIN!  As  far as the comment made to you earlier about you soldering this to your mothermoard -- NO, this thing solders itself to YOUR motherboard!  OK justin1278 - As far as this program being in BETA form,  that's fine but ours came through PC Utilties ( a great mag. ) and nothing brought to my attention about a questionable beta.  It seems to me that whoever wrote this program can direct the rest of us to where this installer sits and get rid of it.  By the way, we have 5 machines that are crippled by this thing!

P.S. You might want to figure this thing out fast, people around here are calling it a VIRUS !

Hi , sorry to hear your trouble. While I personally don’t have the answer , it may be an issue with CAV even, but you can rest assured it’s not a virus. :wink: If I find something, I will let you know immediately but if someone else knows specifics, i’m sure they will help.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello comicfan2000,
Thanks for the note.

Hi,

I’m sorry about the trouble you are having, I don’t think that the magazine should have distributed the beta software without letting people know it was a beta program. Try a system restore if you can, thats how Rick24 solved his problem.

Hi,

I’m sorry about the trouble you are having, I don’t think that the magazine should have distributed the beta software without letting people know it was a beta program. Try a system restore if you can, thats how Rick24 solved his problem.

justin1278, you comment is not correct. I was unable to solve this issue with a system restore point. I had to do a total restore from the manufactuer restore disk. All info was lost by this process.

I will add the Comodo went the extra mile to help me by offering to do a phone support. However it was to late. My system was totally trashed.

I am very sorry to hear that. And while I will not say either way that this should have happened or not, please keep this in mind. I do work repairing computers and I tell people ALL the time, back up as much as possible. I have had wipe outs by many softwares in my time, both supposed stable, unstable, beta, full, of many softwares, I can’t count how many Windows crashes\reinstalls were caused by windows itself, bad hard drives and anything I can think of. This said, I am not at all laying blame of the crash on you , please understand, but loss of info is your\my and every user’s responsibility. While I understand your pain, I have had many losses, please always remember to back up , back up , back up. It’s always a good idea. This is why so many softwares put in the EULA, they are not held liable. So I am not defending any crash here, and agree that it’s upsetting<–just want you to understand this :wink: but for future reference, please don’t learn the hard way, (like I did) lol :o always back up info as much as possible.

Once again, I am sorry to hear that happened. And I am sure Comodo is as well, they truly want the best for all.

Paul

Oh I’m sorry I misunderstood :-[

No problem justin1278, as you can see I am still here on the forum and interested in Comodo products. I will continue to monitor the forum. The firewall worked for me fine. Except for the un-install. I hear that issue is being worked on and will be resolved soon.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for not losing faith in Comodo Products :smiley: