Love the new taskbar icon

Are you using Gimp?

Paul

nope, Photoshop

And I’m afraid you cant do that with photoshop :stuck_out_tongue: but I’ll keep trying to make it better somehow

I whipped my avatar up in about 5 minutes using Gimp. You can do a lot with it and perhaps give it a try…
Just right click the image and select view, the hit back button to go back here…
Sorry:images not working
Those are a couple of things made in Gimp and if you want to see the rest, and everything on here is made in gimp and I took no images from anything…so Gimp is very capable…

You can use both PS and Gimp…Also talk to Aowl, he’s an PS freak, i’m the Gimp freak…

Paul

Nice images, I think ill give it a try

I’ve tried to make one in gimp, but it didnt work…

however; here’s a new one with PS

(:KWL)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Almost perfect! Just extinguish the fire in the background as Graham wanted, and I think we’ve reached an agreement :smiley:

Lol. Extingush the fire. :smiley: It’s looking good!

Paul

fire extinguished ;

Right now, I’m liking Shifter’s icon (shield) but with hillgar30’s indicator bars (green and red bars).

:).

LOL! You mean just because hillgar30’s fire is not 100% extinguished?! Yeah, other than that it’s perfect! (:CLP), hillgar30. I’m sure Comodo will have no problems putting out the fire for good if they agreed with this (:AGL)

and another one

probably the last one :stuck_out_tongue:

(:KWL)

(Used gimp to make the shield / PS for the green and red bars)

edit; background changed

LOl, great job! Here I just changed mine to show you Gimp would do this as well, you beat me to it. Looks great!

P.S. The only thing is, you can still see your layer, you should delete the original layer if that’s the one showing the background flash. Or create a steady background or make all transparent.Other than that, great!

Paul

SB, you are cruel and never happy with one thing. :-[ You play mind games with others who try hard. :frowning: You cause distress in people’s creative abilities… >:( You tear them down to their very soul until they are nothing but an empty husk of a human. (:AGY)

You’re my MOTHER IN LAW, aren’t you??!! I knew it! :smiley:

Paul

Would you be offended if I said, i’d rather go razor blade diving? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Paul

I figured that,lol. Anyway, this should stay on the original subject about the task bar icon and has seemed to stray. I am good at this myself, “slap” there. I know what Melih is capable of and I don’t want my water dish being kicked over, the spikes in my chair are bad enough! :o You can always jump over to General Discussion…

So back to subject as originally posted, thoughts on the animated tray icon?

Paul

Well, I don’t want to give the wrong impression, the icon looks awesome! I just think it’s too dark for CFP theme. It’s an overall great icon but maybe a bit of a blue background instead of black. Either way looks good though.

Paul

Nah, not magic. It’s a tiny flash animation would be my guess which uses near side of nothing. I can run 10 animates on my desktop and won’t even show. Of course if there were 20 of them you may hit .50 cpu usage , maybe, not on my pc at least. My usage is typically 2-4% with CFP\without, with animated icon\without, even browsing doens’t spike it. 5-7% while browsing. That’s why I have tried to find why some say CFP takes all these resources, if it did, it would do so on everyone’s pc not just a select few. I run it on an AMD 850 w\192 ram total, and it still doesn’t take up resources so I don’t know why.

Paul

lol, I couldn’t see those background flashes on my laptop… I hope they are gone now .

:stuck_out_tongue:

Spot on ;D. No, actually I prefer Shifters background around the shield and also the split in the middle.

:slight_smile: