List of Antivirus/AntiMalware Products & Other Utilities.

If anyone has a trial request, I will see what I can do ;D.

Xan

Free 1 year license for PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 6 and PC Tools Privacy Guardian 4.1 - hurry up if you want it… ;D

If you guys like a-squared antimalware you can check this site out:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/, you have to hurry if you want to download the paid version of the program for free with 1 year subscription…

Too many false positives.

fhanks for this eXPerience, but i got a question. A while ago i used avira premium security suit wich included there firewall. Now im fhinking about using the antivir premium, that you posted. The only fhing premium doesn’t include is anti-bot. What is anti-bot? can someone explain what is it?
fhanks

Maybe before we define “anti-bot”, a definition of “Bot” would be beneficial, which you can find here:

(Note the topic header, “Malicious purposes”).

Regards,
axl.

oke, thanks for the info :-TU

i know it’s not free but perfect disk 8.0 i know is good defrag not sure about there new version

The list needs updating, as of this post…

Avira Antivir Premium - offer expired, it’s now only a 1 month licence.
Webroot Spy Sweeper - offer changed, now a 6 month licence.
A-Squared Antimalware - offer expired.
Pctools Spy Doctor/AV - offer expired.

To OP in the Browser Plugins section, if anyone is using Firefox 3 they should also be using
NoScipt Plugin. Info… NoScript Security Suite – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)
Essential script blocking addon.

No Script & Adblock Plugin has been posted. I will let Xan handle the free offers.

Josh

■■■■*d you (L)

I’ll start looking for new links, and change the other ones in the meantime :slight_smile:

Xan

Well, I fixed the links, haven’t found any solutions for the other ones yet… sry guys :slight_smile:

Xan

You’ve had a lot more success than me,I always seem to find these offers the day after they expire.

;D hehe,

then this topic should stop, all these links were working yesterday and as you’re here thet will probably stop working 88)

Xan

I use Avast Professional currently as the primary AV, and TuneUp Utilities 2008 as my utilities software. Both seem to help maintain performance of this server. I notice the only difference between Home and Pro (Avast) is the menu options available (both do the same, one is simpler than the other to use). I have switched back to the Home menu option as it is easier to manage than the Pro option.
Since I didn’t see TuneUp on the list, I must ask if anyone else is using this utility program?

TuneUp Utilities seems to have good reviews. :-TU Though I don’t use it.

Josh

Just a note: Silverlight is updated to 2.0.

Updated :wink:

Xan

Unsticky this one too… Sent a PM to Xan.

Cheers,
Josh

Here’s a nice and detailed comparison from ProtectStar of Internet Security’s 2009 in PDF format :slight_smile:

http://www.protectstar-testlab.org/award/protectstar-bigiss2009_eng.pdf