Links to free CIS are missing on comodo's website

Hello ReeceN,

Thank you for your response :slight_smile:
Have a nice day!

Hello all,

Requested CIS free link is added into the comodo main page,Please check.
Have a nice day !

Kind Regards,
PD

Excellent - thanks Dharshu :-TU

Fancy, impressive, flashing and eye catching commercials, billboards or websites… it’s all about attracting people’s attention no matter how.

Yes agree, the website is a jungle, Tarzan would get lost in that too.

To be fair, it has been tidied up well in the last few weeks: Comodo.com > For Home > Comodo Internet Security gives the latest version . . pretty straight forward

To be fair too, yes it has.

One thing still remaining though… add a link for the offline installer as well (I don’t see one).

Side note: On that same page clicking on “Overview Features FAQ Support What’s new” does not do anything over here.

I merged these into the original topic to keep the release topic going off focus:

Comodo isn’t releasing Offline Installers and hasn’t for a while. It has been requested, but we’ll just have to see

The Overview and Features are probably covered by the rest of the page content, but I certainly agree that FAQ, Support and What’s New should lead somewhere. At the very least Support should direct to the small link at the bottom of the page

FAQ and What’s New pages are gifts to fill with good reasons and comparison data . . hopefully this will be picked up

Thank you. :-TU

The website could do with Comodo Firewall being added to the drop down menu under ‘For Home’.

It does seem to be changing all the time. This link: Best Internet Security Software 2022 | Antivirus Total Security which I last checked a couple of weeks ago, now has links to free CIS and once you scroll to the bottom . . . free CIS / FW and AV

Ah yes, if you scroll down and click ‘Learn More’ instead of ‘Get Protected Online’ it takes you to the Firewall.

If it was my website I would not be happy with that but, there you go. :smiley:

And if you do click on “Learn More” and scroll down it says…
System Requirements
Microsoft® Windows® XP 32bit, Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
32 or 64-bit, 150 MB RAM
400MB of available hard-disk space

XP and Vista ???
I can hear Tarzan crying in the jungle . . . :cry:

Website antivirus.comodo.com still has some issues, e.g For Home > ‘Cloud Antivirus’ needs to be removed since CCAV was discontinued, > Internet Security page is offering CAV download instead of Free CIS when selecting Free download option

Also on www.comodo.com For Home menu, there is no Comodo Firewall download page. Users need to go at the Forums or personalfirewall.comodo.com for getting Comodo Firewall.

Still a bit messy, but I’d say things had been improving lately.

As Reece pointed out above . . . Integrated Firewall > Learn More takes you to the Free Firewall download

Not the most intuitive, but it’s there

On https://antivirus.comodo.com/ page:

Antivirus for Windows 8
The link in the text directs to a page saying

System Requirements for Antivirus for Windows 8

Windows XP S2 and higher
400 MB of Hard disk space; 152 MB RAM

Release Date
November 3, 2014

Windows XP S2 ???
Release Date ???

Antivirus for Windows XP → Misleading information.
The link in the text directs to a page saying “Compatible with Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7”

Furthermore, why telling three different stories on three different pages about the same product for Windows 7, 8 and 10?
Don’t waste time, spend time on one excellent page for the product for Windows 7/8/10 instead like other vendors do…

And, seemingly no one has reviewed these pages for a very long time… some images are outdated…

Yep, things are improving.

Hi safemode,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this, we’ll keep you informed.

Hi CISfan,

A request has been made to correct these info on our web page. Thank you.

The page has been corrected, it looks much better now.

I did find one small thing though, on the page where it says: Do You Need Antivirus for Windows 10? there is a link Comodo Antivirus for Windows 10 referring to this page: Antivirus for Windows 10 | Antivirus Free Download for Windows 10
If you scroll down on that page there is an image showing an older CIS GUI (if I’m not mistaken that is).

Also on the page where it says Antivirus Software for Windows 10 there is another similar link to Antivirus Software for Windows 10 which points to another page than the one mentioned above. However this could be correct, I don’t know.

Anyhow, the page looks much better then before. :-TU

If you scroll down on this page: Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year it says:

System Requirements
Microsoft® Windows® XP 32bit, Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10
32 or 64-bit, 150 MB RAM
400MB of available hard-disk space

Windows XP/Vista is not supported, misleading information.